1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Malmö - Wednesday, 19th August Live BT Sport Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Aug 7, 2015.

Discuss Celtic vs Malmö - Wednesday, 19th August Live BT Sport Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Jordan Larsson got a lot of abuse yesterday from some malmö supporters after tweeting "Getting goose bumps just watching from the TV! Amazing to see Celtic dominate on and off the pitch"
    Helsingborg issued a statement in favour of Jordan, and against all hate.

2. rickyroma25

@ILTC

You've taken that too far I think. They aren't as technically adept as Zagreb or Salzburg but they're on a par with the rest of the teams. They allowed us to build from the back and gave us a lot of easy possession last night. You seldom get two legs the same.
    I expect them to be more aggressive over there. Tinnerholm and Yotun will get forward a lot more and Rosenberg's movement will give our centre half's more to think about. Lewicki and Rodic are both capable of creating things for them.
    We need to be ready for it, and cut out the stupid *. We're not going over there and outplaying them, just won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  3. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Their fans are some of the worst I have seen when it comes to comments, acted like pigs ? It's a football match not ww3.

Additionally it is amusing to see Malmo fans think that 3-2 was a fair result, we battered them in the first half and should have been 3-0 up at half time game over.

Return leg will be a difficult one, I think we will need to score twice to go through, need to be clever as well and get free kicks around the box because their keeper was a flapper.

4. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Classic us, to * defeat from the jaws of victory.

5. Swervedancer Guest

:50:

Was it not just their keeper who called all our players pigs? Was well out of order.

Yeah another 3 minute goal from Griffiths would be fantastic. Would settle the nerves for a while anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  6. Shane1888

If Johansen had only scored when through on goal at 2-0, we'd surely have been out of sight. I don't think they would have recovered from 3-0, and to be honest, we might even have went on to get a fourth.

Don't know what he was thinking rolling it towards the keeper.

Got to put the laces through it when one on one with the keeper in Europe, unless you're Leigh Griffiths :icon_mrgreen:

7. cl-cff

Berget thought the team might've been taken aback by the great and intense atmosphere, partially explaining the chaotic first fifteen minutes. He thought they were way too passive early on in the game, but thought that from then on they performed "a solid away game". He says they're full of confidence and is sure they'll play better at home. He also says that they need to be aware that while 3-2 is a good result, they still lost and right now it's Celtic that's through.

The interviewer asked him if he enjoyed scoring goals against his old club, Berget answered "absolutely, and it was two important goals for Malmo, so they were nice goals for me as well".

Don't care enough to watch the other interview.

8. Swervedancer Guest

That is the positive side though, we should have won 4 0 really, that was some play in the first half and what a position Johansen got himself into. He should be confident of doing it again on Tuesday. Griffiths finish was a touch of class :50: Both of them.

9. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
  10. DonTimCorleone

swedish beer is *, the weather in sweden is *, its dark for 3 months a year and the malmo goalie is an unsportmanlike *.

Im no going there

11. calanor

What he was thinking? You don't think he tried his best when the keeper came out? He had to shoot with his wrong foot. What was the defence thinking letting in those sloppy goals is more important. Whithout Stefan Celtic wouldn't have had the two first goals either so...

12. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    In fairness to berget , he still seems like a nice guy and has respect for us when you couldn't blame him for having none.

13. TheRover

Did we lose? I must have missed that.

14. gazb1888

15. shaun.f

6/4 to win next week. 2/5 to qualify.

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fair point especially given the crap some of his team mates and their manager is coming out with.

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

They really are in general out of control when it comes to all the winging and * talking. I mean in this case come on its Henrik Larsson's son what did they expect him to say. Obviously I would want us to knock them out and move on next week but given some of the * they are spewing forth I really hope we go over there and beat them on their own patch too.

18. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    He was asked to back it up what they said and he was having none of it. As long as we go through next week , he should still be more than welcome back at parkhead as a fan.

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
  20. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Johansan shouldn't have gotten himself involved in that * before there corner he knew it was the last kick of the game and should have kept his composure and concentrated on the corner, maybe he doesn't like playing in the champions league I seem to recall him blocking a certain goal for us last year in the qualifiers