1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic vs Malmö - Wednesday, 19th August Live BT Sport Europe

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Aug 7, 2015.

Discuss Celtic vs Malmö - Wednesday, 19th August Live BT Sport Europe in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Regardless we've been crying out for a centre forward for years now and they haven't delivered.

2. BigSeanThornton

It was HE who put Ambrose on - so he has to take the blame !!

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Leigh Griffiths tonight's Man of the match on the club website

4. 7-1

That Malmo coach is my new enemy. *.

5. jamiebhoy67

Ambrose strikes again flashbacks to last seasons qualifiers there honestly the guy just hasn't got what it takes although to be honest for 90% of that game i thought we were incredible to watch. Also looks like we could need a new RB now Lustig looking like he could be out again can't go through a season with one RB.

Their goals were not deserved i thought our own slackness cost us not their attack i still think we can qualify and score a couple over there or get a win although we had them beat at 3 1 just ashame ambrose is a diddy thought biton started really well then faded after his goal

6. daveybhoy1

You just can't lose concentration like that in Europe or you will be punished, even by an average Malmo side. Stupid goals to concede.

7. Moustache

A wins a win I suppose, but we really are our own worst enemy. I still think we're the better team, and their first goal was more the result of our sloppiness than them being an actual good side (although in fairness Berget did take it well), but their second was embarrassing.

I'm not sure why it is, but we have such a * casual attitude whenever we take the lead. Their * had completely collapsed after the second goal, and had we actually kept up the pressure instead of mucking about, we could have been four of five goals up.

I know some will roll their eyes at my next comment, and say it's bitter and/or a cliche but the referee was poor. What the * did Brown get booked for? Because the only thing I saw him to do was his death stare. And, im still trying to work out his logic for the Johansen booking as well. You could argue that Johnasen could have just let the guy kick it out, but he didn't do anything wrong. How that little tube never got sent off I'll never know. If we had had a more comfortable lead Johansen should have taken a red and booted his * back to Sweden.

On a more positive note, Armstrong & Forrest were really good tonight. I still think Forrest needs to improve his efforts in front of goal (or even just try to take a shot really) but he put in a good shift tonight.

In regards to next week, Janko needs to start. You can argue about his lack of experience in both Europe, and as part of our first team, but Ambrose shouldn't start. Efe's capable enough on his day, but having two players in our defence who have concentration issues is a far greater risk.

8. Hadouken

Loving the optimism but...

If we score first and they equalise then psychologically we are in big trouble.

They score first and psychologically we are in big trouble.

If it's 1-1 at any point then psychologically we are in big trouble.

This has got the makings of being the most nervous game in years.

9. HereWeGoAgain

did you not just watch that game? were obviously not good enough to sit and see a game out, asking for trouble with bombscares all over the shop, malmo are strong favourites now and well need a lot of luck

10. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

What are you talking about ?
    No way , you sayin we don't have a goal or two in us over there ? We played well tonight and let their only two decent chances in . Celtic will qualify.
    Simple as that

11. scomur1888

We where in the same position against qarabag and done it so dont see why won't wont progress to groups.

12. Bonobhoy

They have rosenburg back next week as well...He's a great player..

Aww ffs celtic always the * hard way

13. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Ambrose can * off, at one point he crossed the ball into the centre of the park right to a Malmö player there wasn't even any Celtic players in the vicinity of the area he pinged it to!!!!

14. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Major screw up on Celtic's part and will probably not be favorites now to go through. We never make it easy. History will tell us when we are under the cosh we fail to perform...major performance needed next week.

15. Drifter

If we concede one, we will have to score two.

Any win will do.

We are fully capable of it.

16. cammy07

Letting Matthews go all of a sudden doesn't look like too wise a decision, lustig is a great player, but * * he is made of glass. Such a shame.

17. HatfulOfHollow

I'm still confident, maybe I'm just crazy. Ambrose can gtf though.

18. CelticAhly

Fav Celtic Player:
    /
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I know. Their defence is pretty bad (worse than ours)and so is their goalkeeper.
    The 2 goals we condeded were a result of poor defending.
    If we get our act together I can definitely see us going through. And I am pretty positive about that.

19. murphy88

I actually think I'd rather go with 3 centre halfs next week than have Ambrose & Izaguirre playing. Van Dijk, Boyata & Mulgrew.

20. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

A bit like the Milan game last season at home, bitter sweet

Hard to take ,got 6 days to sort this pish defence out one way or another