1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Ah, sorry mate :50:

2. CountyDownFaithful

Truly horrendous. Defence completely exposed for what it is - absolutely rank rotten!

I’m hoping today accelerates the process of bringing more signings in ASAP. Ange has been dealt a * hand so far.

It’s incredible to think that we are going to start the league campaign with Ralston at RB and Barkas/Bain as GK. Murray and Welsh as our CB pairing against the Danes in a make or break European clash.

We still need to strengthen all over the park. McKay and the Board better get their arses in gear or we will quickly return to the scenes of last season.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Got tbh lhads went to the Celtic colts v ekfc game 1pm at Airdrie s ground, enjoyable game Celtic all over them, wee Moffat scored a cracker, lost a daft goal in last second 1-1, but big black guy in defence called hamill was colossal in defence, built like Tyson pace to kill, good reader of the game and some quality well timed tackles

4. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Take this on the chin I think. If we can get a response in the euro tie then it'll all be worth it.

Peej, greengrocer and NomDePlum like this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We looked and played like a youth team a lot of the time. We need a new defence.

eire4 and Peej like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just watched the game there.
    Not overly impressed. Played that exactly like a preseason game - it was to be fair.

Will see what Wednesday and then next weekend brings.

But today that was flat, slow, bland.

Started well, good tempo, high press etc. But by the time they scored their first, we had already started to look like a preseason kick about. Some players still off the boil, but some positives to take - much the same as we had positives from the other night.

The two young centre backs got shown up, to be expected. I aint going to be crazy harsh on them when this is all new and inexperienced for them.

Clear as * Ange doesn''t know about the keeper situation, Barkas is the "number 1" but I don't think there is much faith in either of the two to be honest.

Full backs are dreadful. I will always appreciate Taylors efforts, but the pair of them aren't good enough and not for the way Ange wants to play them.

Soro and McGregor looked good and think they will have good energy in the middle, front 3 looked lively - Edouard looked like he wanted to impress Moyes more than anyone.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  7. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hopefully this is a wake up call for the board that we need to invest heavily in the defence.

8. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    no fukin chance

Big els likes this.
  9. Mr Stubbs

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Whats it gonna take then I wonder? It * sickens me seeing Ralston in this side

10. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Too right. Unfortunately we’ve been fleeced for years and been in this position before with CL qualifiers in the balance. However the situation we’re in now is far worse than in any previous season. And you can’t argue it’s unforeseen. 3 of the back 4 last year were loans. And Ajer was always likely away too. So a whole new back line needed. Yet here we are…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    To be fair you cannot expect much when your back line is 18 year old Murray alongside Welsh with Ralston at right back are you kidding me. When Greg Taylor at left back is easily your best defender your in big trouble against anybody decent never mind a genuinely top level striker in Antonio. The only promising signs on the field for me was again Abada looked promising. McGregor and Turnbull looked decent and in fairness Christie was actually very good. But other then that we were not at the races and are not even close to being where we need to be/want to be. I said before the first leg of the Champions League game against Midtylland much the same and again even though Midtylland looked dreadful and way worse then I expected themselves in the first leg I do not see this backline being able to get us through this tie. But I totally expected this and at the moment this again is not on Postecoglou the Celtic board is responsible for this mess at the moment.

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    A fecking nuclear explosion wouldn't waken those feckers up m8

MagicBallBhoy and Chieftain like this.
  13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You can get away with playing young CBs if they have either an experienced CB alongside them to talk them through the games until they have enough experience of their own or, failing that, a good experienced full back on their outside that can do similar. We have none of these things at the moment and it is showing up badly.

Hopefully Starfelt can add something positive to that backline, but we badly (and I'm sick of hearing myself say this) need full backs and a keeper as a priority. Although those dealing with the transfers don't seem to see things that way as they have been dicking about not signing any for weeks on end now, and there is a good chance that could cost us on Wednesday.

Peej likes this.
  14. Bhoyorc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stan Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Struggling to remain optimistic with this squad. No real nucleus and a lack of experience in a squad I’ve ever seen before. Don’t know how many players have a collection of appearances but it can’t be many.

The game on Tuesday was warning signs to me despite others disagreeing. Al be it- today was pre season and it’s not competitive. 6 goals isn’t really acceptable and the lack of hope in seeing our squad is worrying.

All good and well signing a few bodies but we could be dumped out of UCL and chasing lost points before August has even finished- then it’s trying to gel a squad together when you’re up against it and under pressure.

I hope we turn it round and I’m proved wrong on Tuesday and further on. * me though- need to see it from all sides.

15. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    This result made me 6-2 my stomach.

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like something Ange would say

Wee Baldy likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good points, agree with all of it.

eire4 likes this.
  18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    :giggle1::giggle1::giggle1:

honda likes this.
  19. Foley1888

I believe with the addition of Kyogo and Starfelt we are still at least 6 players away from where we need to be a GK, RB, LB, another CB, CM, ST. Ideally there would be another option that could play across the front but I don’t see us even getting the ones we need let alone anymore.

We have spent about £12m so far on three first team players and brought in about £17-18m from sales. We need to get the others that aren’t contributing/ want away gone and get more money in and get the finger out to get deals over the line.

We have shot ourselves in the foot with the length of time it took to bring a manager in as it ruled out a lot of bosman options. Now we all know we need a RB and Buta is meant to be a target, their price doesn’t sound unreasonable so get it done. The same goes for left back. I hate loans but given the number of deals we need 1 or 2 wouldn’t be terrible especially if there was potential to buy at the end.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  20. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    * embarrassing.