1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lion1961, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v West Ham Friendly Sat 24 July 3pm KO. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Not bothered by this result tbh. It's a friendly and only meant to get the players fit. We all know that we need a lot of players in so why is everyone getting worked up we are nowhere near finished with the rebuild.

kramer1, NakamuraTastic and Moore like this.
  2. Maestro 08

Did I say we should have parked the bus. They needed more protection instead those very premier League strikers you talk about were left 1 v 1. Honestly if u can't see a middle ground between park the bus and gung ho then there ain't much else to say. Bare in mind that is exactly the team we will go with midweek and a wee bit of practice in being compact and tight would have been very good management but * it let them get rings ran around them who gives a * eh :rolleyes:

littlekennie likes this.
  3. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Tbf to Ange he said he wasn't happy with the team defending as a unit.

Moore likes this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    To be fair it’s his fault the the other 2 defenders were so high up the pitch leaving the centre backs who are not the fastest deal with the counter I like ange but I said at the start he needs to drop the all out attack tactics as celtics about winning every game we are so poor defensively and that’s what should be working on at the minute we can slag Gerrard and his backroom but rangers now defend better than they have ever done since they started in 2012 and are bearing the fruits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maestro 08 likes this.
  5. TheHappyLoss

Loved being back but ffs keepers and defence :38:

packybhoy likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    All very predictable tbh, we've taken way too long to get players in the door, this is the result.

7. Maestro 08

Well at least he acknowledged it but I seen very little of him rectifying it. 1v1 time and again. The guy likes to be attacking we get that but a lot of teams will expose us. As I say very naive.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Spot on mate, would be worrying in 3 months time when the defence was Anges player and signing s if we were defending like that, and until he bring s in his players he has to play the dross that’s their at present, and he could be the greatest manager in history but your not going to be able to turn guys like Taylor, Ralston etc into Bonucci and chiellini and he knows more than anyone we need at least 5 more good signing s to even resemble being a good team again

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Any half decent team will destroy us, if West Ham had their full strength 11 oot they could've reached double figures.

Artorias and Maestro 08 like this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Lol I remember when I was ages of 13-15 trust me girls * about back then and would easily have had under wear pics ... that’s being said test of post I agree with shouldn’t have been messaging anybody in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    “He was investigated and found to have done nothing wrong”
    Give your head a shake pal ffs. That makes it acceptable because a charge has not followed. His intentions had been clear he knew what he was doing but I’m not going to sit and let it ramble out because by the sounds you’d defend him through thick & fkn thin. because the coppers could not charge him doesn’t mean he is not a animal simple

12. gazb1888

QPR hammered Man Utd earlier.. think people need to calm doon a little some fans on here need to go and follow that mob over the city.. it was a friendly ffs

NakamuraTastic, Mickmac and NomDePlum like this.
  13. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    You ever get one of those days that you say "thank * I took the child to a birthday party "

That was today for me.

buchanbhoy, gazb1888 and Maestro 08 like this.
  14. Maestro 08

Ever bomb it home from a 15 mile canal cycle (not a Lycra clad, road cycling * type cycle mind) in baking heat, dripping in sweat with a stop at the shop for a few cold beers, burstin yer * just to make kick off and joyously arrive just in time to watch your team get....an absolute doin.

That was today for me.

kramer1 and bhoy_wonder like this.
  15. gazb1888

I turned over and watched Love Island with the missus..

Maestro 08 likes this.
  16. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    The back 5 (keeper included) are Scottish championship quality - let’s not hide from that.

* abysmal I’m afraid

Nothing against the young lads either - they are in a wall of fire and are not capable week until week out. They need time.

Ralston and Taylor. * me - old enough for us to realise they are pish.

Ange deserves 2 seasons, because he has inherited a shitshow. This season is all about building - we won’t lay a glove on the other mob

17. TheHappyLoss

“The Child” you in * Downtown Abbey?

18. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    I think its due to the fact that West Ham was our last friendly, from here on in its competitive football with next weeks games being Away in European and then a trip to Tynecastle.....& Thats the defence we currently have.

I personally think we'll have new players in the door in the next few weeks, so nothing to flab about just yet.

gazb1888 likes this.
  19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    You've clearly never been to Belfast our word for 'wean' over here is 'child'

20. Mr Diggler

Ange should not be blamed at all although I still think we are going nowhere under him as we still have dumb and dumber lingering on as assistants. We were poor today but it is complete negligence to leave us with Bitton, Ralston and Barkas for Wednesday. A complete dereliction of duty. Until we sort out those issues we will get nowhere. There are rumours two in before the Hearts game but we dont need rumours we need action.