1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Mar 14, 2022.

Discuss Celtic V the Huns Scottish Cup 17th April kick off 2PM Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Nah

oh bhoy likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We were very arrogant.

They're a good side and we need to bring it every game against them. There's no easy games anymore against them.

Frustrating but if we bring it back in the league game against them today is forgotten.

Lose the midfield and you lose the derby. That's what happens. We need more pace and more strength in that midfield and that's the main target for me in the summer.

3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Cross in to who though? When GG is out we are lightweight up front.

Skelleto likes this.
  4. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    This was the huns last

5. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    I'm with you pal. Hail Hai

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Feels exactly like when we had no striker.

The team flung crosses to GG all day not realising he didn’t play and we have a tiny striker playing.

Need to be able to switch tactics when using gg or kyogo. Can’t take 3 weeks to gel when switching strikers.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

craigtheceltic likes this.
  7. DonnyCelt

As * as we played, it was evident from the first whistle that it was 12 vs 11. Maddhun knew what he was doing and he made sure his beloved made the final today. Sickening as * to blow a 1 goal lead with 20 mins left but the equaliser was never a free kick in a million years and the winner, at least a yard offside. But that's what we're up against.

Operation get the huns to the final.

craigtheceltic, TESLA and Bampton like this.
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Genuinely awful today but we can't win a treble every year the league is all that matters this season just get it over the line is all that matters

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  9. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As soon as Welsh went to RB it was a bust. Game passing Forrest by these days. MOR the only attacking player to make things tick for us. Bassey inherited Morelos’ right to foul incessantly. Many folk got carried away with the last few derbies and expected us to walk it, which was never on the cards. Lots of poor deliveries into an empty box. Its clear we succeed when we can play the ball out from the back, and flounder when we cant. Any injuries really worrying at this stage in the season.

10. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We're nowhere near false 9 levels yet. It's the only way Maeda works in the centre for me.

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    * off from where we have came from and where they were at, season still special to me, treble was a bridge to far, hate the scum we move on, that’s fitba guys, onwards and upwards Celtic, Scottish cup was a bonus, League main priority, dust ourselves down onwards and upwards in the league, few cuntz slagged me for no being confident, the team that wins the league is the best team but anyone because of last 2 results think’s we are Miles ahead of them, kidding themselves on, we’ve been phenomenal domestically and they haven’t, but we are not quite as good as we think we are and as much as I hate to admit they aren’t as bad as we like to think they are, probably get slagged for saying that but it’s the fukin truth

12. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    They wanted it more and we had far too many just not up for it today, plus their subs were better than ours. Hopefully a kick up the * that sees us push on and wrap up the league can't afford any more performances like that.

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We missed Juranovic when he went off. Hope he's okay

14. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The worst thing about today is that she has decided we are now vegetarians!

she broke it to me last night, I was too busy not sleeping and worrying about today.

alas, it’s true as dinner tonight is some * ethical plant based * pish

johnboy19 and Johniebhoy. like this.
  15. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    No focal point up front, knock on effect on impact rogic made, generally didn’t look up for it as much as them and were complacent, left back remains priority signing number 1.

Dreadful day at the office - the consolation is I think Gio may have done enough to keep his job.

For Ange, I don’t think I can lay too much at him today - the truth is we were due a domestic defeat and I’d rather we got a kick up the * now and see the league home.

Complacency isn’t with Ange. He was very clear on his thoughts on that.

A number of players today were just quite poor.

Immensely disappointing performance overall. Toothless.

16. Bampton

Got home late here in Aus and just finished watching the game. An unlucky own goal killed us and I feel for Starfelt.

We didn’t play to Kyogos strengths when he came on the park, he looks like a player who has missed 3 months of football. Welsh is not worthy of first team play, Juranovic looked overawed again. Rogic was shutdown with too much ease. We can go on about a poor performance from individuals but at the end of the day my take is that we looked leggy and the Huns looked the fresher team as the game went on - a bit of a shock really.

All attention on the remaining league fixtures, lock up the double and set the plans for next season with an eye on some good recruitment in the summer.

17. Pogues

Seemed to panic though and tried to cross first time or early rather than taking a touch and building something like we do every other game.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lots to say about that game and little of it is positive.

Outfought and out-thought is the quick summary.

Our midfield was for the majority, dreadful.

Hatate has a lovely touch and vision but I don't think he's ever going to control a game. For us. When it turned into a battle he was 2nd best to more-or-less everything.

Rogic looked like he was towing a caravan in the first half. Another player with wonderful technique but in these high octane games they virtually always pass him by, he was a passenger today.

Abada - another guy I wouldn't have started. Some have had him pinned as a YPOTY candidate; his figures are impressive but for me he all-too-often struggles with his decision-making. The ball where he was played in first half and elected to try pass it on, when under no pressure, was a perfect example.

And lastly Ange, he's turned our fortunes around but amongst some of Euro results, today was another reminder that we have a long way to go.

He's clearly devoted to his system but we looked utterly clueless when the huns pressed on our 2 CBs and the midfield pivot. Surely part of playing this system should cover what to do in those instances? Today we seemed to resort to long, speculative balls to our 5'8< strikers up top.

They were there for the taking as well. A distinctly average team that barely troubled us outwith their goals, unfortunately that distinctly average team wanted it more than ours today - and that is unforgivable.

19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Today pretty much proves the point that this squad is still a work in progress. Bringing the likes of Welsh and Forrest on pretty much killed the game, by this time next year both should be nowhere near the squad, alongside the likes of McCarthy.

Games against them are rarely easy, the 3-0 at Parkhead was an exception, not the usual. It felt like there was a lot of arrogance from our side, maybe even from the players as well, that we would just turn up and win. Never that simple.

We secure the league, and today will be forgotten, but today should also remind everyone that the league is far from over. We beat Ross County and we're another major step ahead, but we lose or draw and it gives the huns more incentive at Parkhead.

Need a big summer window to, hopefully, cement our dominance. CB, LB, CDM and a Winger are all desperately needed.

20. DonnyCelt

3 huns could've seen red for challenges from behind off the ball today, nine did. Disgracefully officiating from a known hun follower. They can celebrate all they want, but the fact remains, they cannot win a game of football without cheating.

Easter Rd Davie and bagforlife like this.