1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic V Stjarnan - UCL 2nd Qualifying Round, Wed 15th July, 7:45pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Jul 10, 2015.

Discuss Celtic V Stjarnan - UCL 2nd Qualifying Round, Wed 15th July, 7:45pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Really hope the next leg's on telly because all the links I was trying today were terrible, but one thing that hasn't changed from last season is the amount of chances we're missing.

Still think we'll make the Groups though but hope Ronny sorts this problem out sooner rather than later or we'll be in trouble

2. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Do you ever try www.footballstreaming.info this has a few streams to chose from: Hail Hail.

3. shieldsybhoy

It's on BT Sports.

4. Davie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bitton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Cheers mate, be sure to try these next time

Thanks mate :thumbup: was about to check there but you've saved me the hassle

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Saw very little of the game due to * streams, how did ciftci play?

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The new banner out just in time to mark the 10Th year for the Green Brigade.

Looks pretty smart

8. Cadete

Good on the ball and strong but couldn't find the net if it was 300 feet wide :54:

Maybe just nerves

9. kevski82

Not a brilliant game. Felt like a pre-season friendly. Lack of decent finishing and some slack passes but we should kill it off easily enough next week.

10. Roskopicachu

We should really have taken more goals off them, other than that we ran the game from start to finish. Was good to see Stokes come on and he looked quicker and more direct.
    Griffiths missing the penalty took the edge off it a bit. It was a poor, poor penalty kick and he made it too easy for the keeper to predict.

But the passing, movement was good, from start to finish.

11. Beldub

Ambrose did well with a professional foul taking your man out. Hate to say that but true.
    Not as clear cut as everyone suggests they missed then we scored. Also was never a penalty to begin with.
    Some of our passing up to a point was very good & we are big favourites to go through.

12. The Celtic Way

a wins a win, we huffed and puffed a lot and looked a bit nervous after we never scored in the first ten mins, one thing that worried me was the passing from a lot of players was way off, from 5 yard passes to longer, lots of players struggled with this, scott brown i thought was superb again, all over the park and its becoming the norm for him now. i dont doubt we will score over there or win for that matter, but there is is 100 percent more to come.

13. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Applauded his tackle at the time. Very smart and important decision to stop their attack so late on in the game.

14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    What worries me is our 'wide' men spent more time in the middle of the park than out on the wing stretching a bunch of * part timers.
    Lustig is still limping and is on painkillers. This is worrying as one crunching tackle and he'll be out for the season.
    They carved us up a few times with high diagonal balls.
    Our defence don't deal well with people running at them either.
    Izaguirre's crossing was better across our own box than theirs.
    Johansen sometimes can barely pass water.

Good points.....
    Cifci looked ok and put himself about.
    Boyata seemed reasonably solid and he's brave.
    Our closing down high up the pitch was 1000% better than it was this time last season.

We know we are better than this and will improve. But will we improve to a high enough standard if we come up against a half decent side? I fear not.
    We should be playing more pre-season friendlies. Yes it makes the season a lot longer but we keep going into these qualifiers far too rusty and it shows.

15. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A little but of rustiness is only to be expected at this stage of the season; by the next game, I don't doubt we'll have worked out some of the kinks. The positives outweigh the negatives in my view, but a better team would've made more of those couple of Celtic defensive slip-ups. Nadir was unfortunate not to score (let's hope this doesn't become a recurring thing as it has with Sceppy).

Griffy was unfortunate with the penalty. I hate to go all Arséne Wenger, but I didn't see it properly so I don't know if it WAS a penalty or not. :smiley-laughing002:

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What are these yellow boots they are wearing? I thought Broony was a Puma guy? They look like rock climbing shoes. Monstrosities.

17. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bring back black boots!

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I thought we weren't greedy enough last night, just remembered there that there was probably 5/6 times Armstrong, Forrest or Stokes ran at their defence and could have ran inside and had a shot from around the edge of the box but every time they ran in and then passed the ball, or stopped and passed and tried to get in behind for the ball through.

For me, Armstrong especially who done it 3/4 times should just have ran right through and hit a shot from 20-25 yards.

19. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    These days, a lot of managers are encouraging their players NOT to do that because hitting the ball from outside/the edge of the box has a fairly low success rate, so really all you're doing is giving up possession.

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think they are the new adidas boots- the adidas badge is on the heel a think. I like black boots, but also like white. I don't like the mad colours you see now. looks like Broony is performing some wrestling move there...