1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v St. Mirren, Scottish Premiership, KO 3pm, Sat 30 Jan, Celtic TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by PiotreQ, Jan 28, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v St. Mirren, Scottish Premiership, KO 3pm, Sat 30 Jan, Celtic TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yup cause he doesnt do detail
    his head explodes when basic formation and tactics arent working not that im good at that

but yeah it was fling all the attacking players on and hopefully score a goal

personally i think more strikers and balls into the box by any means means strikers will get shots at coal, very very basic but if all else fails and it is failing

2. kemper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Athenray

Some coaching or tactics would be nice and that isn't down to the players

Cerand Bhoy likes this.
  3. Foley1888

It is seriously getting to the point where I am worried about second place if we keep him. Never seen the full game today but what I did combined with the 2-2 draw with Livi reserves was enough to know that far too many of they players are bang average and the ones who are slightly better, half of them aren’t trying a leg.

A disgrace in every sense, maybe the fans should ask for a refund/cancel their Direct debit as they can’t be bothered watching anymore? The message the club are giving out is the players and management are able to stop delivering any sort of a product so perhaps they should forgo their inflated wages.

MagicBallBhoy and Marky1967 like this.
  4. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

They had a game plan and they executed it. They deserved the win.

We didn't make enough chances and the ones we did we weren't clinical enough to score.

5. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    I like to watch good open and entertaining football, there was nothing good or entertaining about their's.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  6. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Last time I was in during a Scottish cup final the lady who runs it (Can't remember her name) told us to be quiet with our singing as other customers were watching Irish Gaelic football. That finished me going there which is a pity because we had some great times in there. I take it you live in Northampton then!

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Spot on mate but see this * were miles behind them, a reminder after 2000 Charlie Charlie * licking Nicholas saying “ Celtic are at best 5 years behind rangers and it would take us at least that time to even complete with rangers again, we brought in a good manager with his signings, plus getting the best from Larson, lubo n the likes and won the treble the next season- I’m * gutted as anyone- sound like an immature Wayne but quadruple treble s brilliant as its been - 10 in a row holy grail, we stopped it last day of the season, id rather this than that, Lennon is a fkin * of a manager, but without getting told birthday card pish, we Will bounce back

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Duffy at fault again but how * was the keeper for their second aswell hazard is garbage at cross ball as the other two but at least he’s a shot stopper Lennon just has no clue at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We had 7 internationalists in our team today and were shown up by a team of hard grafters playing to a system which our manager couldn't match. They looked fitter, more eager and knew exactly how to put us under pressure. They didn't come to Parkhead to entertain us, they came to beat us which they did so, I won't go down the line of slagging them for having "eleven men behind the ball"

10. Big C

I don’t know the last time we kicked someone, got tore into the ref for making an error or not booking someone.

11. WhitleyCelt

Without sounding like a broken record. Don’t expect anything and you won’t be surprised when we inevitably * it up again.

I don’t care if I’m wasting my ST Money by not watching the Pish on Paradise platform. It’s principle and I feel a lot happier spending my day doing other stuff that doesn’t involve getting hung up about Neil Lennon still being manager, Desmond still being in charge and Liewell wanting his retirement parting gift. The whole seasons been one big scam.

The * are scared stiff to ask for feedback on the wonderful pish on paradise pass because they know supporters will tell them exactly how it is.

£300 tops for next seasons pass. Anyway didn’t watch the game, zero interest. Will re ignite my interest when at least two of the three charlatans have left the building.

Big Shoes likes this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lawell, Lennon and ?

13. SkyeCelt

Can only imagine the volume of booing and gtfs that would occur if Lennon is still in place when the fans come back. Does anyone even like the guy anymore?

14. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Outfoxed completely by Jim Goodwin. Their first goal was outstanding, we'd rightly be shouting about it if it was us. Keeper to goal in 7 touches and we never got near it. Exactly the kind of play we used to produce when we knew what we were supposed to be doing.

Sat a player on Soro everytime our gk or centre half's had possession. Soro wasnt a factor at all. Once he was out of the game we needed centre half's comfortable on the ball to take it forward. We had Duffy and Bitton. Bitton while a good passer doesn't drive forward like that really. Ajer does, but unfortunately hes now a * right full.
    The space behind our full backs is unreal, we push them on so far with little to no cover. I think a 532 is best with our personnel.

Work rate everywhere was poor. Moving Turnbull from centre to wide on that diamond has proved disastrous, hes less of a goal threat now.

Our front 3's work rate and application was disgusting. Griff rightly hooked, Moi is frustratingly inconsistent and Eddy, Jesus, if I never see that * again in hoops it wouldn't bother me. The amount of times he loses possession is shocking.

Said it already but it's worth mentioning again, our workrate is appalling. Every team right now is out working us by miles. I'm expecting more poor results in the coming weeks.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  15. CountyDownFaithful

Look at the set-up here from a thrown in.

Bitton, who is supposed to be playing CB, is marking a man on the right touch line. This leaves Duffy completely isolated in a 1v1 situation which yes he should have dealt with better but that’s not the point. Bitton and Duffy should both be defending the 18 yard line with no more than 10 yards between them.

Ajer should have been marking the player Bitton was and Soro or Turnbull - both of whom are standing free - should have been pressing the thrower/crosser.

Complete shambles.

Attached Files:

Artorias likes this.
  16. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    No mate I stay in Wales. I've got an uncle lives in Kingsthorpe and see him regularly. When his Mrs allows it we go there to watch games, cracking atmosphere in there. Especially Europe nights. If I remember right there used to be a CSC that ran a bus up to matches in the 80's.

It'd be good to meet up for a pint when all this virus stuff is over :50:

17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I want Lennon gone as much as anyone, this is based on his inability to manage my team, poor tactics , lack of coaching , watching how poor the fitness of our players are and how far we have fallen under his management. I am not one for getting personal and throwing insults and hating people for being * at their job. Any discontent should be thrown at the board for letting Lennon carry on, his ego will not allow him to walk. This alone, for me, he gets little respect for what he has achieved now, no need to get personal.

NomDePlum likes this.
  18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

He deserves the criticism, he is now trolling the Celtic fans, he knows he's out of his depth, that he can't turn this around, he knows the players aren't playing for him, he knows hes * it.

Yet he hangs around deliberately and obstinately knowing that he is hurting the club he apparently loves every day.

He's hanging around like a bad smell, further damaging the club, if its a case he want's the remainder of his 12m contract for quitting and lawwell ain't willing to pay it out, then come out and say it publicly Neil.

He's got to know, the same as all of us, that he Neil Lennon is the biggest obstacle to us turning the corner and winning games consistently again, hes not stupid but seems to think we are.

19. WhitleyCelt

Lennon, Kennedy and Laptop Boy.

The only reason I said two of the three as Mr Laptop hasn’t been here 2 mins and IMO was walking into a sinking ship.

If we are talking off the field staff though, I’d boot Hammond straight out the door after Lawwell.

NomDePlum likes this.
  20. strike twice

Well , another hellish result , and another hellish performance too . We should have changed things a whole lot earlier this season , the management team are done as far as I'm concerned . We might manage to win the Scottish cup , but that is our only chance of silverware . It really has been one balls up after another . I just want change as soon as possible now . We need to be thinking about next season , as this one has been a catastrophe . We had the chance to build upon success , at a time of strength . But we chose the least expensive option , and by * have we paid for it . Just completely sickened by these events .