1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Sparta Prague, UEFA Europa League. Thurs 5th Nov 2020, KO 20:00. BT Sport 3.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 1, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v Sparta Prague, UEFA Europa League. Thurs 5th Nov 2020, KO 20:00. BT Sport 3. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with this.

Europa League progression means little to me this season but a win in this game keeps the momentum going hopefully onto Fir Park.

They will be no mugs but if we start with the same intensity and imagination as we did against Lille then we should have enough.

If we do go up by 2 goals at any point then I want the changes rung in to keep us fresh for that. We can't keep going to the well with the same guys when we've got others barely getting a sniff of game time.

2. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Too good an opportunity to miss to put this up....* bless mr Smith...lol

packybhoy likes this.
  3. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I desperately want the 10 and that's why I was one of the many that said they didn't care about the Europa League but that win today has given me back the feelgood feeling. By the time Thursday comes I will be buzzing again and will be wanting us to put in a performance similar to that today and hopefully get a result to keep our interest in the competition going.

4. Keano88

Must beat them twice if we’ve any aspirations of making it to the last 32 imo.

Would go with the same side as today.

2-0.

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Bain
    Hatem Welsh Duffy Laxalt
    Sorro
    McGregor Christie
    Turnbull
    Griff Ajeti​

Rotate the squad a bit and give some fringe players much needed game time.

6. celtic20

I get the discussion on whether we drop players for the league, but just imagine the picture.

Lennon makes several changes. Turnbull, Soro, Taylor, Klimala etc all come in to keep some of the big-hitters ready for Motherwell.

Sparta turn out to be a bit better than we thought. Full-time. Celtic 0-1 Sparta Prague.

Lennon gets criticised left, right and centre for making a host of changes and underestimating the opposition. Our Euro campaign is deemed over and we're back to square one with momentum. In turn, that makes the Motherwell game even trickier given the morale-shattering result on the Thursday night.

Fully expect Lennon to avoid this and play as strong a team as he thinks is possible.

My prediction: Celtic 3-1 Sparta Prague

7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Same team as today, for me. Think we really need the continuity just now. The only exception might be Rogic and that is dependent on if he is fit enough to start 3 games on the trot - Sunday/Thursday/Sunday. Next Sunday is a game where we will need him more.

8. celtic warrior

Perfect game at to now try and continue the momentum we are building on.

It's far too tempting to have Rogic start but at the same time I want him fresh for domestic games so if it were me, he'd be the only change I'd consider making for Turnbull preferably, which in reality wouldn't happen as Lennon would likely go with Ntcham instead.

Don't care if it turns out to be a hard fought, scrappy, jammy 1-0 win, we win this, then it only adds to the feel good factor that's starting to return to the squad.

Plus a win here leaves us snapping at the heels of Lille for 2nd place with the hope of AC Milan hopefully turning them over.

9. Foley1888

Hopefully be able to continue to build momentum with a result on Thursday it is also a good chance to get more minutes in Eddy’s legs.

I think a couple of changes would be worthwhile as getting 3 points at Fir park on Sunday is a must but keen to get a win and keep going on a more positive front.

If we can get Eddy and Ajeti banging the goals in Ajer back in the defence and start to form a better understanding and partnerships we should be in a good position to kick on. Also MJ coming back into the fold will give us a more natural winger type option as well.

For me we should make better use of Soro and Turnbull though not even as starters. The last two game’s you can see the high tempo we have played the first hour at is having an impact on our midfielders so we should look to get those one or both of those two on the park particularly when we are in a strong position within the game.

10. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

needs to used the subs more and change the tired players for players with energy, if we can all see it why cant he ?

is it to do with all these games back to back every 3 days that the players arent getting the required cardio training and rest, then even more reason to use the squad

i would rest brown for this game and start soro id like to rest mcgregor aswell as he rarely gets rested but it would probably effect us too much taking the 2 of them out the starting lineup

turnbull needs games soro needs games ajeti griff eddie henderson is good enough to be given minutes

we have cracking players all over the pitch we can play any formation and should be able to look good and dangerous eith the quality we have 442 4231 4141 433 4321 352 343

elhamed duffy (he was better sunday) bitton laxalt
    turnbull soros mcgregor
    frimpong eddie elyonoussi

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Another team on paper we should definitely be putting to the wall. Actually really looking forward to this game. Pity the fans won’t get a trip to Prague. Most beautiful city in the world Imo.

MickeyyMack and JC Anton like this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Need to win both of these games to have any chance of progressing.

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Need to take 6 points

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. StevieBhoooy!

Would be good to get the three points here... would be great for general feelgood that will hopefully transfer to the league...

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Fancy us strongly on Thursday..

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ffs..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    To get beat :fear:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Sparta are no mugs and have a 100% record in their league so far. We will need to be at our best to beat them

MagicBallBhoy and packybhoy like this.
  20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Think it’s important in regards to keeping our bigger players happy tbh. No doubt it’s a platform they want to play in and having a good run & them being happy at present can rub off on our domestic game.

packybhoy likes this.