1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League Celtic v Shakhtar Tuesday October 25TH Kick off 8Pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 22, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Shakhtar Tuesday October 25TH Kick off 8Pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

12 foot tall Joe Hart shouldve been up as striker VVD style.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s the exact * thing mate, 100%.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

So we only drew with Shakhtar twice cause they didn't want to beat us?

What a load of *

4. celtic20

Unless some miracle happens in Madrid, we’ll exit with zero wins. Take a look back at the pre group predictions - that’s not what many expected to happen at all.

Its been hugely disappointing.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Exactly mate, we are definitely on par if not slightly better shaktar, we proved that over the 2 games but unfortunately they were far more clinical against the other 2 than we were,

Zander likes this.
  6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Second half was a tough watch.
    As good as he is, felt like Hatate made the wrong decision 9 times out of 10 tonight.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    They did beat us though? They beat us in the competition. They pumped us out of European football whilst giving themselves a shot at making the last 16.

They were playing Champions League group stage football while we were playing "pretend you're a decent footballing side for 40-50 mins".

8. lespaul

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    grace
    Thank's mate. That means alot! I alway's think when I'm melted like tonight I'll post more but alway's bottle it haha. Dunno why I'm scared,we're all Celtic fans here. Baby steps for me haha

9. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Draw was the exact same as a win tonight for them. Both guarantees them EL football and leaves them needing a win to qualify for the CL. So of course they're going to celebrate.

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Definitely what I expected mate, Real Madrid European champions, who could bring on a sub not deemed good enough for a start who cost more than our whole team put together and then some , Leipzig who’s striker cost more than our whole team and you expected us to beating these sides, granted a thought we had a chance v shaktar, bit disappointed we didn’t beat them, but overall aye more or less what I expected

11. celtic20

That’s fair enough if that’s what you said before the campaign started mate. But the general consensus was we had a right chance against Leipzig and should’ve also been targeting 2 wins vs Shakhtar. The results haven’t been good enough tbh. Hopefully a big learning curve should we keep this squad together

12. ddub11

Judging by their managers reaction id say he was celebrating with them,id say ange would happily swap his team staying in europe rather than being knocked out and being happy with to stay in.

Look i understand your point but in this instance giving the rewards for their efforts i think their justified in celebrating.

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Well yeah they have finished higher than us, but that doesn't take away from the fact your original statement was bollocks.

I guess that boy who missed the sitter for them remembered they only wanted a draw so put it past the post

seanm likes this.
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    They’ve been in the champions league group stages for the last 7 seasons mate our first time in 5 season s after a total rebuild job and a shambles to rebuild from and your expecting us to blow these teams away, fair enough love your optimism but doesn’t happen that easily

15. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

We lack any cutting edge without McGregor in the middle. The ball was moving around far too slowly. I also don’t know why we insist on stopping the ball and taking a touch before passing it as well. There are rarely passes that overlap. Always left to right to the wing, back to the middle. Far too slow and predictable.

Juranovic shat it when Mudryk ran at him.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I also don’t like that we’ve persisted with Mooy in every game. He’s a smart player with good vision, and that’s fine for the league. But he’s so far off the pace of the game physically at this level.

17. celtic20

In fairness victory tonight probably wouldn’t have meant much with regards to qualifying. Madrid losing means they will play their full team and therefore makes it never a game we are getting anything from

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But would have Been £2.3m for a win

19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Once you get over your first argument disagreement or 2 mate offered a square go ootside the Springfield vaults at 2.15pm on a Saturday then you’ll be fine

lespaul likes this.
  20. celtic20

Aye would’ve also been good for belief and morale too. But with regards to Euro football after Christmas, think the result in Leipzig would’ve ended that anyway

Blochairnbhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.