1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Qarabag UCL 29/07/15 19:45 KO in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    A win with no away goals conceded, I'm quite happy with that. Also quite happy that they have to score and we don't. Hopefully they'll * up their defense when they try for a vital goal.

2. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Match sharpness was really what was lacking tonight. An extra yard or bit of movement with crisper, better passing and we would have won that quite comfortably in my opinion. The possession stat is misleading. For all they had the ball they done virtually nothing in terms of a goal threat.

My only real concern with next week is how we handle the travelling and fatigue from that. Could do with resting the majority of the team on Saturday.

3. GavCFC1

If we score over there I think that'll be enough. Don't see them scoring 3+

4. freitassen

I didnt see the game. I really believe we are going to qualify, but for the more I now like Ronny he is really stubborn and there is absolutely no reason for Ciftci to keep starting games and it's logical and obvious that Thumb has to start. He is never going to do it the next match the same way as he never changed the team this time year when it was screaming for it.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

6. Dylan1996 Gold Member Brigade Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    he just killed that ballboy

7. scottbrown8

Just back from the game and although I'm not completely happy with the result its a win and a clean sheet but we were very poor offensively, I can't see us being caused much problems over there with van dijk and boyata at the back, they looked pretty solid tonight. Good to see lustig get 90 mins he's looking alot fitter and hopefully we have mulgrew for next week which will give us even more aerial advantage. I'm confident of going through but we need alot more movement and urgency in our attacking play next week because tonight it was non existent, the quarabag defence mid pretty much stopped us playing through the middle on his own and we just weren't getting the ball out wide quick enough until forrest came on, however his end product is terrible. Again Griffith's really needs to start ciftci had a couple of nice touches but his finishing was poor once again

8. Wonder_Bhoy

Eh?

How did they manage to qualify for the third round?

By scoring 4 at home to Valletta last week? :87:

9. 7-1

Griffiths was up all night with toothache and had been at the dentist. he said himself he didn't feel 100%...

10. albashamrock

RIP :shamrock:

11. evilp3te

eh?

No they didnt. They drew 0-0 at home and won away leg 1-0

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Cracking header

RIP that poor ballboy :56:

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:50:

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

And it was against Rudar. Not Valleta

15. shieldsybhoy

They won 1-0 on aggregate agaisnt Rudar. It was 0-0 in Baku.

16. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Exactly :50: I'm reasonably chuffed with that overall. We pretty much ran the show, Boyata is looking better all the time, the team is only gonnae get better too, Commons back, etc, etc.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have started Thumb but Shifty needs the game time, although these are really important games, I think Ronnies balancing starting Shifty with knowing that we can keep going till the end and carry a goal threat from all over the pitch. I would start Thumb next week though tbf, maybe bring Shifty on as sub.
    Either way I'm happy with this, win and a clean sheet, we will score over there so they now have to score about 3 or whatever, so yeah. I think some folk are just naturally more pessimistic, lol.:smiley-laughing002:

And git wee Jimmy Shooders tae *, he's had his chance..

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Followed the game via the Twitter feed and it's hopefully the last time I have to do that...not good for the soul.:56:

All in all I am just relieved to have something to take over there, from reading the updates it appeared to be a frustrating game. They seem to be quite stubborn in defence.

That goal is crucial though. It means we go over there with something to defend and I'd be confident in us being able to catch them cold as they will need to try for that goal to level the tie. As long as we don't do the usual and collapse within the opening 20mins we should be fine I reckon'.

The travelling is a worry though, however one goal and they need 3. You have to say that would be pretty unlikely.

Happy with the 1-0 as for a long time there I thought we'd be going over with nothing.

Looking at it, over the course of tonight and last night us and Salzburg are the only ones out of the home sides who would really be happy with their result. Everyone else conceded at least one away goal. Crucial.

18. Wonder_Bhoy

Yup, on the wrong game! :50:

19. NyköpingCelt

Just in from the game, another slow start in Europe. Too many careless passes when players weren't even under pressure - very frustrating. The second half was much better at times and Boyata was class at tracking back!

I'm hoping we travel over there a day early and take the extra time to settle in.

20. Wonder_Bhoy

Still... it was three goals before tonight and two after tonight