1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V Preston Sat 17th July 5:30 kick off Celtic TV/ Pass to paradise and Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 15, 2021.

Discuss Celtic V Preston Sat 17th July 5:30 kick off Celtic TV/ Pass to paradise and Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Plus we was hitting a good 25 degrees pure sunshine. Happens about once a year :56:

2. Mr Cleansheets

I once got sunburnt in Edinburgh.

No, seriously...

bagforlife and OziBeerMan like this.
  3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I currently resemble an Aberdeen strip so believe you :56:

OziBeerMan likes this.
  4. Mr Cleansheets

Try a Sydney summer sometime.

My ethnicity is northern Scotland so my skin is totally * from growing up here.

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Probably one positive. To be honest, I'd probably take a midweek draw right now.

There is some talent in the youth, some gash too. However they need someone to learn and work from and can't protect the wings themselves. Montgomery with just Taylor behind him and Moffat with Ralston. Then comes the issue that Taylor is our most senior defender. Guys like Welsh, Hjelde and the Wednesday guy need some protection as they grow as they will make mistakes.
    Karamoko, Welsh, Shaw and Abdela are the only young guys I think is fully ready to start a match. Preston were always going to beat a team built around youth.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Were gonna win... penaltys in friendly shouldn't count.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  7. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Having watched all the games in preseason I think PNE were the best team we played, however I didn’t really understand why Ange played the team he did to start. You could tell that a lot of the starters, Moffat, Montgomery, Uroghide, Ralston, we’re not used to being pressured as much as they were and didn’t cope well, Montgomery showed signs of good play but his final pass or cross wasn’t there. Uroghide has poor positioning and isn’t a CB maybe best at RB, Ralston has no touch no positioning his best quality is he can run and strong Moffat didn’t see the ball to be any use.

of the first have performances Barkas, Turnbull and McGregor were the decent players Ajeti never had any service so didn’t really do anything, taylor was okay but him and Montgomery didn’t really strike it of as a partnership. Shaw was okay.

in the second half Preston dominated even more which I felt that the players were struggling then after the changes we picked up well Abada looks as if he will play first team and have an impact, Rogic had some good moments and I think if we get him and Turnball feeding Edouard with MeGregor playing behind them Soro and Shaw protecting the defence we will actually create
    Chances and protect the defence which is were we have real problems. Welsh was good and is the strongest of our defenders Taylor will play as he has the experience, it’s the other two positions I feel we are * in, if Bitton is fit I’d play him Murray and Heldja aren’t ready Julian isn't fit and the Starfelt won’t be available in time, Barkas distribution was so much better that Bain and he had better saves I think I’d start him first.

I would like to have seen this team play Ange style see what difference it can produce.

Barkas,

Uroghide,
    Welsh,
    Biton,
    Taylor,

Shaw,
    Soro,
    McGregor,
    Rogic,/ Abada
    Turnbull,

Edouard

joemc and Mr Cleansheets like this.
  8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The whole point of pre season, particularly for a new manager at a club, is to find out about your players and get their fitness up. Would you prefer he found out about those you mentioned not reacting well to being pressured on Tuesday instead? And Uroghide is never a right back, he has looked okish at CB, at best, (although I think Murray has been better there than him) but just awful when moved out to RB. O'Conner seems to be the best we have there at the moment and I don't know why he hasn't been getting more game time. I can only presume he's been carrying a knock or something.

NomDePlum and OziBeerMan like this.
  9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

2k fans in a 60k stadium is honestly mental man. Over a month ago there was 12.5k in Hampden which is smaller.

10. joemc

I watched the game , we wer a bit disjointed and looked too open at the back , the difference in quality first team player to young is really evident , cal mac and Turnbull wer standing out more , ajeti is not working in our system so well , Eddy came on and even not playing at 100% you could see the difference in the team straight away , rojic needs more games to get up to speed , the new guy will be decent im sure , if the club really get forster in it would show serious intent imo that they want to challenge this year , young players who i think have a chance this year , Montgomery , heilde , shaw , johnston and Robertson, Henderson defo made an impact in this game , if he can do a bit more he could break through, the other big lad at the back name sounds like Rodriguez has all the physical attributes but I feel he could be caught out a bit atm .

11. joemc

Its not right , I dont know why its acceptable to the club , even smaller stadiums are getting bigger crowds , none of it makes sense and should be 100% challenged to the max .

eire4, Luis1967 and honda like this.
  12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well I know I commented before the Preston game how badly I feared for us on Tuesday and after watching us deservedly beaten by Preston I really have little belief Tuesday will be anything other then a defeat and early Champions League elimination looks almost a certainty to me.
    Let me be clear I do not blame Postecoglou at all really as he was handed an unreal mess and with next to no time to do something about it. So for me as disappointing as it is the Champions League is already a write off for me. Other then Turnbull and McGregor today going forward we offered next to nothing. Ajeti may be a natural striker but he cannot play up top by himself IMHO as he just does not hold the ball up well by himself. Then at the back o my that back 4 that started today you have to be kidding me. Any decent side will tear that to shreds. The one positive defensively for me was Barkas actually looked good. Was commanding and made a couple of good saves.
    But what an utter mess we are right now. Not even remotely close to been a decent side at the moment. Right now the only spots I would say we are ok is with Turnbull as a 10 and McGregor as an 8. Forrest when he gets back from his isolation hopefully should be fine when back to match fitness but other then those 3 spots thats it. Johnson maybe on the left if he could ever stay fit and maybe Barkas can become the keeper we hoped for but thats stretching it and that is frightening. IMHO only 3 spots of a starting 11 that actually look good right now.