1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V Preston Sat 17th July 5:30 kick off Celtic TV/ Pass to paradise and Premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 15, 2021.

Discuss Celtic V Preston Sat 17th July 5:30 kick off Celtic TV/ Pass to paradise and Premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Surly to * he did his homework before taking the job on and knew we needed major surgery. Maybe a bit surprised and * at how long it takes us to sign players.

seanm likes this.
  2. wulliebad

Poor to be honest,not much threat to their goal and our defence looked like a dance for the blind,they could have scored 3 and it would have been a fair reflection of the game.

Us trying to play it round the back at times was scary.

seanm likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    First pre-season I've missed. Take it was less than convincing?

Pity, if so, as all of the others did seem to indicate Ange was having a positive effect.

seanm likes this.
  4. Scubaroo

Apart from clearly being a total * yourself.
    Most Aussies here would've mentioned that it takes time for his teams come together, especially when he's inherited a streaming pile of *. Anyone who had an interest in the club would've investigated and found that Anges style is uncompromising, demanding and will break certain players.

You'll find over the next few weeks players will fall by the wayside to never return, Buy id almost guarantee while he's essentially having to retrain players to play football, there's going to be some massive low points.
    Re: when ange took over Melbourne after leaving Brisbane, Brisbane had played ange ball for 3+ years, he left and went to Melbourne, in his first two games he lost a derby then lost to Brisbane 5-0.

The Europa League match will be tough, he won't stray and that is what will hurt him at celtic and see him out the door very quickly if the players don't buy in or get it.

OziBeerMan, seanm and The big Viduka like this.
  5. Mr Cleansheets

Far more concerning for the season is that the huns got a draw against Arsenal.

Still, just preseason and all that... I wonder if Ange has been pounding * out of the squad to get them fit (he tends to do that). They may have been a bit heavy legged today with a plan to ease up before Tuesday?

Hope so. Hope some better players are available Tuesday also.

Did Hjelde get a run today?

6. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye arsenal who lost to Hibs

7. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Nae bother ya mad upside down *

8. Maestro 08

Essentially having to retrain players to play football! What does that even mean?

The long and short if it is....he's here to win matches. If he's too stubborn or too stupid to realise he needs to do that above all else then he won't be here long enough to implement this cringey 'Ange ball' that I keep hearing about. He doesn't have much time to bring things together here, the demands are too high. If he wants to do that then he'll need to go back to some no mark club where the expectations are zero and plod along.

9. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Be glad you missed that one mate, we were * hopeless.

NomDePlum likes this.
  10. Mr Cleansheets

OK, not so bad then.

Unless you're a gooner...

seanm likes this.
  11. Mr Cleansheets

Everything on this forum for the last two years has been about how crap the players are (and the board).

If you've got crap players then you need a coach with a system to get the best out of them - to make them competitive. Some better players in would help but a decent coach and system is paramount.

I suspect the players were tired last night after a heavy Ange preseason plus a few previous matches. Signs of the system working were apparent in previous games. Best he gives the starting 11 a couple of days off now,

12. Maestro 08

I wouldn't say our players are crap. There's been a developing attitude problem due to hanging on to players for too long and a lack of depth resulting in guys like Ralston coming to the fore recently. Anyway for the last time....taking time to build squads and Ange ball and his way or the highway blah, blah and all the other soundbites we keep hearing. Win first or bye bye.

seanm likes this.
  13. Mr Cleansheets

Give him the players then.

OziBeerMan and seanm like this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Honestly don't like it when pres season goes "well" with a new manager.

These games mean * all.

It's about getting up to speed fitness wise, and the INTRODUCTION to the style of the new manager.

It's good for the manager to see performances like this one, so he knows what he's dealing with, what needs tweaked, and in our case, what things need kicked out of the players.
    Better now than in 4 months time, ya dig?

We're down to bare bones, squad wise.

Still rebuilding, still getting up to speed, still adapting to the new manager.

It takes time.

15. AussieGreek

* line up and * game

seanm likes this.
  16. seanm

Remember our board are totally to blame for this not ange.hes only in and he can see the * we are in .direct your coming anger to the board not ange or the team.HH

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  17. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Well unfortunately (or fortunately) I missed as spent a night in hospital. Did my best to detach my big toe lol. Anyway after reading all these comments I can’t be * to watch the replay. Not even out of spite to get my money’s worth from that rip Celtic TV.

18. Mr Cleansheets

Nearly lost your toe huh?

Maybe you should become OziWaterMan...

OziBeerMan likes this.
  19. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    W
    Lol. Worst part I was completely sober.

20. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Is it fair to say the one positive was we played like absolute * yet they didn’t score from open play. Plus Ange mentioning the heavy workload so players were fatigued.
    Disclaimer: I haven’t watched the match.

NomDePlum and honda like this.