1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Motherwell - Betfred Cup Final, 3pm Sunday 26th November, BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Nov 22, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v Motherwell - Betfred Cup Final, 3pm Sunday 26th November, BT Sport 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Only in from the game. Should have been 5 or 6 in that second half but sinclair was dead right after the hibs game. Any contact at all i want our players hitting the deck quicker than a black jack dealer.
    Never a penalty but that cuteness will only benefit us. Weve been too honest and in europe we need alot more of that in our game.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thought the penalty was soft at the time but there was contact. Also didn’t realise how bad the challenge was on Mousa, absolute shocker but no one seemed motivated to ask their manager what he felt about that poor game changing decision.

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    They should have had a red for the tackle on Dembele so * them.
    We were the better team overall even if Gordon did have to pull off a world class save.

Also has a club ever won back to back trebles in Scotland?

4. dmccourt95

It's no been done anywhere in Europe, only in Asia and South Africa

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Call me old fashioned but I prefer to win with dignity, "we need a lot more of that in our game" effectively means you want us to go out and cheat, cuteness is a nice bit of spin, I'm well aware there are many fans these days who completely agree with your take and choice of words

My take is very different, we would have won that game yesterday without that type of behaviour, the problem is when you start embracing this part of the game as if it's something to brag about you then lose any credibility in condemning the perpetrators against us, Neymar is a cheating scumbag to me, no "cuteness" about him at all.

If Kenny Miller takes a dive on the 30th of next month and gets a penalty * forbid it will only be then when dignity and integrity becomes a quality worth considering to some!

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Stonewaller. Best wishes to Scott in his recovery from that heinous foul.

Sparda and richardm like this.
  7. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Totally agree, Thomson was abysmal throughout, the fact not even a yellow was dished out for that beggars belief.

Back to back trebles would be just astonishing but the thing is it's probably already very short odds at the bookies, no one can take the league for granted but the Scottish Cup looks the hardest hurdle in achieving that, just don't rest players in the early rounds..Brendan is to wise to do that I'm glad to say

8. Sydneysider

Two tackles on Moussa 13 mins and 39 both shockers.

Penalty a bit harsh but.. : Strasbourg got a very similar pen at the weekend. Defender held forwards arm, split second, just enough to unbalance/distract striker. Penalty and yellow.

9. oh bhoy

You can't pull a player back when he's about to have a shot it was a clear penalty and sending off its not even debatable that * should have been off long before that horrendous tackle on dembele

packybhoy likes this.
  10. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The bottom line is Kipre put his arm around and had a wee drag at Sinclair when there was no need to. He doesn't do that then no chance of a pen. The fault is his. The force of the tug/drag was maybe not enough to send Sinclair down but you could say that about half the pens given in world football. How many times do we see free-kicks given for the slightest, most tiny, brush with the opposition, yet barely anyone mentions it anymore. The consequences of it happening inside the box are obviously more severe but the principle is exactly the same. By today's standards it was a penalty.

11. HNTB67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Apologies if this point has been made.

My theory is, at half time Thomson has seen a replay of Kipre-Dembele challenge and thought he should have been off, so when the boy stopped a goal scoring opportunity, or appeared to, it was a straight red. I think he'd have maybe been more lenient had he not already deserved a red, maybe just given a booking.

12. dmccourt95

It was a foul and it was a goalscoring opportunity simple as that, people need to stop acting like we won the game with some dodgy 5 yard offside goal that the Huns used to get

13. Cmcgregor90

lets be honest if it was anywhere else in the park the pull would be enough to give a foul. in the box that just doesnt happen most of the time as you seen v hibs

its hardly a dive when theres contact if he stayed on his feet i couldnt see it being given the red was harsh

14. oh bhoy

I've had a change of heart since keith lasley's wife seems to think it was a dive :rofl::rofl::rofl: badly hurting huns everywhere .nobody can halt the Celtic juggernaut

15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    He denied Sinclair a clear shooting opportunity by being cute and putting him off balance with physical contact. He paid the price. They the rules I think.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The Daily Ranger headlined it "Poison Penalty." Crying *. Get it up big fat jabbas fish supper hole!!!

17. Markybhoy

Four trophies in a row. A double Treble has to be a serious possibility now. I don't think that has ever been done before, so it would be nice to etch our name into the history books again by achieving that.

As for the penalty incident, it looked very soft to me. But given some of the past injustices we have suffered at Hampden I will take it.

The IRA likes this.
  18. Bunk Moreland

Funny how when a debatable decision goes in our favour it's analysed for days on end yet when a dubious decision goes in Sevco's favour they don't even show replays of the * incident.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We didn't see 1 replay of what looked a stonewall penalty on Dembele in Paris the other day..

All the time's Thomson has done us in game's but he'll be remembered now when he retires for giving us that penalty..

I stand by it was never a penalty though..

20. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Usual parties trying to detract from our achievements. * them.

The game changed (or "game changer") the minute James Forrest scored. Motherwell had to try something different from defending the 18 yard box. And if those in the press and broadcasting media cannot see that. Then it's a slight on them and their ability to do the job.

Anybody that thinks Motherwell were hard done by and done out of a Cup win, should watch all of our domestic games under Brendan Rodgers and consider changing that opinion.

Under Rodgers in domestic football, we've always scored. So to beat us you need to score at least 2 goals. You also need to keep the ball better and not just blooter it away.

We won't be beaten anytime soon if teams play like Motherwell did yesterday. Teams can try and turn it into a battle of they want. But we will stick to keeping the ball, making opponents chase and at some point, score enough goals.

BroxBhoy94 likes this.