1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Motherwell - Betfred Cup Final, 3pm Sunday 26th November, BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Nov 22, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v Motherwell - Betfred Cup Final, 3pm Sunday 26th November, BT Sport 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Work starts next year.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll be in Aviemore for this need a boozer,emdy know wan ? .........

4. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Broony asking when the ice bath is due.....

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR on injuries: "Mikael and Nir have slight knocks so we’ll assess them over the next 48 hours."

6. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Brown is mental man, it could be -20 and he'd still be out there with the short sleeves on. :giggle1:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  7. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Some of the players need to get a grip , out there with the snoods,hats on etc. Fair enough the south American players, but wee paddy out there with the whole gear on is a bit ridiculous.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Is it just on bt what about cooncil telly?

9. shaunm

Gordon

Lustig Bitton Simunovic

Forrest Brown Armstrong Tierney

McGregor Sinclair

Dembele

Defence not great but this is the formation I think we should be playing in Scotland.​

10. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Really looking forward to this,hopefully the weather isn't too bad over the weekend.Motherwell usually bring a good number to Hampden and make a bit of an atmosphere...don't think they'll trouble us too much on the pitch though 3-1 us.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Just on BT aye.

pablo88 likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Members of Phil O’Donnell’s family have been invited to attend the Betfred Cup final on November 26 at Hampden as guests of the SPFL, Motherwell and Celtic.

Phil, who represented both clubs during his playing career, sadly passed away due to heart failure at the age of 35 in December 2007. Phil’s youngest son Luc, 14, will also parade the trophy to both sets of supporters and place it on the tunnel plinth directly before both teams take to the pitch, a key role in the day’s proceedings.

An article in the match day programme will also pay tribute to Phil, as well as raise awareness of the work carried out by the charity Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY).

The O’Donnell family are strong supporters of CRY, who offer bereavement support to families affected by young sudden cardiac death and offer cardiac screening for young people aged 14-35 to try to prevent such tragedies. CRY also supports young people diagnosed with potentially life-threatening cardiac conditions.

Phil’s daughter Megan said: “I would like to take this opportunity to thank the SPFL and both clubs for inviting my family to the Betfred Cup final.

“It is so heartwarming to see my dad honoured in such a special way, especially as my youngest brother, Luc, will be presenting the trophy to the fans on the day.

“Luc has little memory of my dad but I’m sure next Sunday will stay with him forever. It will be so nice for him to witness first-hand the extent to which my dad was liked by everyone.

“Unfortunately I won’t be present as I’m currently living in Australia, but I will be watching the game in Sydney at 2am. I brought one of my dad’s football strips away with me as a good luck charm and I’m delighted I’m getting this opportunity to wear it with pride.”

Motherwell’s Chief Operating Officer Alan Burrows added: “We are always eager to remember and honour Phil O’Donnell, a fantastic captain, role model and man, at any opportunity and it’s fitting that ten years after his untimely and tragic passing, two of his former clubs meet in the Betfred Cup final.

“As a club, we are fortunate to have enjoyed Phil’s company and talent on two separate spells and his memory and legacy is all around us at Fir Park, each and every day.

“We are delighted members of Phil’s family will be there to watch the game and are obviously excited and keen to play in what hopefully be a memorable and poignant occasion for everyone.”

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell commented: “It is very fitting that the League Cup final will honour and remember Phil – such a special man, who gave so much to both Celtic and Motherwell.

“Phil was taken from us far too early – but in his life he made such a great contribution to football and more importantly to his family as both a father and a husband.

“We are sure the Betfred Cup final will be a great occasion. We are delighted to be taking part and we look forward to working with Motherwell and the SPFL to ensure that the match is the fitting tribute to Phil, which he richly deserves.”

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “It seems fitting that, as we approach the tenth anniversary of Phil’s untimely death, two of the clubs he represented with such distinction should meet in the Betfred Cup final.

“We are pleased that Phil’s family will attend Hampden for the match, and that one of his children will play a role in the pre-match proceedings.”

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/11/17/phil-odonnell-cup-final-tribute/

Gyp Rosetti and CalgaryBhoy like this.
  13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I am in wales on Sunday doing a * induction, any Tim pubs in Swansea or Porthcawl. Iam hoping it is only a 3 hour one so i can go and see the game and get * , they are giving us Monday of with pay

14. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Cairngorm will have it on , it is the best place in the village across from the railway station.

I hope your not noising me up :eek1::eek1:

15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

You posted before i asked my question, no colours allowed in the bar good atmosphere tho 3 TVs to watch game on

CH4 likes this.
  16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

lol
    I was there last year for our anniversary for the first time and was out of this world so heading back up

Thats the hotel with the good grub huge fire in pub ?

Am in the MacDonald for a bit of R and R

Cheers pal

17. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

who's that with the scarf on?

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Who's number 11 for Celtic.

19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Ahhh, Sinclair, I think :90:

20. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member