1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Liverpool Dublin August 10th (K.O 5pm).

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Celtic Way, Mar 24, 2013.

Discuss Celtic v Liverpool Dublin August 10th (K.O 5pm). in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. fonsai

there were quite a few Scottish celtic fans at the dublinvcork hurling match on sunday friend of mine was telling, hope they enjoyed themselves,i sometimes I go and watch shamrock rovers but never followed an epl team, just doesnt interest me

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :56: :56:

I think that guy had abit if autism and ADHD mixed in..

The people behind trying not to catch eye contact the whole way through :smiley-laughing002:

3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I love how there's a grudge against Irish people who support an English team and not us, almost like people believe Celtic have a right to be supported by all Irish people.

4. fonsai

Ireland is England when it comes to soccer, if they supported teams from different countries equally then it would be different, but its all EPL fans here, loads if league of Ireland fans have a grudge against Irish people supporting teams from Britain, especially Celtic , I think its Celtic obvious 'Irishness' that drives them mad

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It's cringey how many Irish football fans support English clubs and it does put to bed the myth that Celtic is one of the main supported clubs over there when you see the aviva the other week..
    Always found the north to have a much more loyal celtic following than the south,w obviously have plenty in the south aswell of course but its nowhere near what is portrayed..

6. fonsai

a supporter is someone who travels to games if they are able, just as many go to see Celtic from Ireland as other EPL teams and considering the appeal of the EPL compared to the spl , most of the EPL fanboys at the game last week won't ever see Liverpool play again

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Exactly,listen fonsai I'm not in any way slating the Celtic support like yourself from over the water I'm just pointing out basically how * poor the glory hunting is over there it's actually stomach churning how bad it is and 90% will never see a game in the premier league..

And it's summed up perfectly when you say just as many celtic fans travel over than any other epl team when you consider the supports they have over there that dwarf us now

8. daveybhoy1

Your right some league of Ireland fans do slag off Celtic, but not as much as the epl fans. The epl fans here go on about how much they hate England when we play them, then the week after they'll be sitting in a pub cheering on Man United with their Rooney jerseys on, its embarrassing. I feel no connection to an epl team, all the glory hunters over here push me further and further away from the epl. We still should support our local teams though

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, the guy had some problem like Aspergers written all over him and I thought it was great how he was getting behind the team and also how the young kids in Celtic shirts got along with him really well (too many people would have been too embarrassed to be seen near him and would have made that clear- well done those lads). What was out of order IMO was the guy filming it sniggering away like he was some kind if freak show. :54:

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Gotta agree with you on the last part there mate,did make me laugh but the filming throughout the game is a * take and if he or it was me clocked that I wouldn't be too happy at having a camera facing my bonce for YouTube..

Fair play all those tims around him that were joining in unlike the scousers who were very visible in front ad behind sitting down with there faces tripping them..

11. daveybhoy1

Its not a myth, most of them Liverpool fans who were at that match haven't been to at game Anfield and the reason they had the majority of fans is because their first team doesn't come to Ireland very often. You get a lot of fans who support both teams too. Celtic have a huge support in the south. Its not like every Celtic fan in the south of Ireland was at the game. The game was sold out in 20 minutes, I didn't even get a chance to look for tickets because I thought they would go on sell at a later date. I got offered tickets last Wednesday and went to the game. You should be grateful for our fan base in Ireland. Its bigger then any league of Ireland teams fan base, which is the league we should support as well

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I should be grateful?

You obviously have only been reading what you want to in my posts as I said I wasn't slating our support in the south or anywhere in general just that it's not as big as is made out and premier league teams blow us out the water,especially since sky coverage..
    Particularly united and Liverpool..
    Sorry that's just the truth..

13. fonsai

why support an EPL club if they hate England so much is right, seems odd ,we should be supporting our own clubs aswell, I go occasionally to LOI games ,prefer it rather the international team, most of them seem to be EPL fans too

14. daveybhoy1

I agree with you, United and Liverpool are more supported then us in Ireland. As I said in my last post there are a lot of people who support Celtic along with an epl team. I think our support in Ireland is as big as made out be, but there are a lot of glory hunting epl fans

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    There's a bit near the end where he borrows this kid's scarf and then gives it back. Most young guys I know would not have been seen dead interacting with this guy; but the kid had clearly lent him his scarf and then accepted it back with a genuine and really nice nod of mutual respect and acknowledgement. I felt really proud to see a young lad like that behaving so brilliantly whilst wearing a Celtic shirt. The other young lads in Celtic shirts in the video were also great.

As for the guy himself, he's clearly passionate about Celtic, he may not be the coolest (neither am I), but he's clearly as big a Celtic fan as anyone here. Anyone who think's they're better than him (like the people sniggering on the video) is very wrong.

16. Ruxin

Sad day when you spend a game filming someone enjoy themselves rather than joining in and having a good time.

17. fonsai

the sniggering guy has more of a problem I would
    reckon, who would want to film him?

18. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    :50:

No doubt it was a Liverpool fan. In fairness, they didn't have much on the pitch to celebrate :52:

Not that that's ever stopped us :celt_2: Win, lose, or draw :ynwacelti

Is it wrong that I'm still getting a kick out of beating them, especially in Dublin heh

My experience, from spending all my summers in Eire growing up, is that the vast majority of Irish people have at least a soft spot for Celtic. The only ones hostile are some LoI fans.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    We're all here to support the same club mate,none of us are better than the other..:50:
    And that's the way it should be..

20. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Me and the missus go to Dublin every year for St Patricks Day. Two years ago we played rangers (remember them?) the day after St Patricks day and the barman wouldn't turn the Tv over to that game until the Liverpool game had finished. I was disgusted!!! Had to spend the whole first half not knowing the score in an Old Firm game. There are a few proper Celtic pubs in Dublin though, found this out where they were later on which wasn't much use. But if you ask you'll find them