1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Hun Scum, Premiership, Sunday 31st March, Sky Sports Football 12:00 ko

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Mar 18, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v Hun Scum, Premiership, Sunday 31st March, Sky Sports Football 12:00 ko in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

He’s absolutely the right man for the job right now but I think the signs are there that he won’t be able to maintain the high standards we have.

The problem I have with Lennon is that he ultimately shines when he’s in an even or underdog fight. He’s not the kind to consistently deliver huge gaps and maintain professionalism with a much better squad.

This game is a good example. That should’ve been managed to a 5-0 rout but it descended to a battle, which suits him. Let’s at least try and do better.

2. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    to make a final push - this is THE moment

3. PEI#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    We won the Celtic way.....heart attacks all round.
    Big well done to Broony for single handedly winding them up to a fantastic level.....probably see a retrospective red for the punch :rolleyes:.....ahem !
    Ajer had a good game....got about a lot.....well done.

A great 3 points from quite a tough game....how leagues are won....right ? :50:....hail, hail.

StPauli1916 and Lilac Wine like this.
  4. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    apparently we are buying Kent ? :fear:
    thats the bbc talking here

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Really needs to stop his carry on, poor Alfie ffs. :84:

PEI#1 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

7. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Great to get the win dunno what the * we were up to that 2nd half, Ajer was immense and the hate they have for brown is glorious.

8. Darnok

FEED HER!

9. Pearse67*

Anyone decent highlights, missed all the craic at the end.

10. clonbhoy

That was madness! I feel like I ran a marathon and then done a bag of coke. Unbelievable stuff and I think I would have enjoyed it more than if we had properly hammered them!

I thought the reaction to our performances in the previous games under Lenny was a bit unnecessary, but unless Hayes was injured at half-time there is no excuse for the mess he made of it. He was asked about KT before the game and his answer suggested he wasn't 100% fit; surely part of the point of playing Hayes was so that he could drop back if the game was close to won or if KT broke down? It was a substitution that seemed to be made with the adrenaline pumping, thinking of winning by four or five rather than calming everything down. The game was 90% won, it was criminal to nearly chuck it away.
    Likewise, Ntcham, who was excellent in the first half, was clearly done five minutes into the second-half and Rogic looked unfit from the moment he stepped on. It is ridiculous to not be aware of these things in the modern game. Maybe someone else is at fault here and someone in the medical team needs a rocket, but it was absolute lunacy and unacceptable.

As for Boyata... was he injured or did he just decide to throw the towel in? In any case, we were better off without him, I am not sure we would have survived the late pressure if he was still on, it seemed to make Ajer play like a man possessed too. Himself, Lustig and Brown were superb in the passion and determination they showed all game. I thought Edouard and Forrest were the most composed and assured players all game, it was no surprise to see them keep calm when it mattered. I get very frustrated at Eddy because he is a little bit too laid-back at times, but when he applies himself, as he did for most of the game today, he is a top class player.

A special word for Scott Brown, who may now be my favourite Celtic player of all time. The game of football needs far, far more like him. I am sure even the Hun supporters enjoy hating him. Their players certainly couldn't cope with him today! He completely strolled the first-half and had his most successful day as a wind-up yet! He should have fished two red cards from them during the game, but I am sure Kent and Halliday will get theirs in the post! He really doesn't give a *! There aren't many footballers who enjoy that so much. He is made for days like today. He is a very, very special player. Who said he was finished? We should keep him for years. I'd like to see him come on when we are picking up 25 in a row, just to cause another meltdown!

CelticBoabie and Lilac Wine like this.
  11. strike twice

My stream crashed with about 8/9 minutes to go . So I missed the winning goal , and the aftermath , scuffles etc . Had to rely on BBC Radio Scotland for the conclusion and post match summing up . They want to speak about Sevco's failings rather than Celtic winning another league flag . Typical BBC Scotland coverage I suppose . Lenny is not the man for the job . But while he still has the reins , I wish him all the best . We need to secure a triple treble , and make new records/history for this great club !

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Get a room you two ffs.

(p45).

bagforlife and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. SkyeCelt

The tear stained rage of Halliday is delightful.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. SkyeCelt

He's an ugly *.

17. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hun TV commentary doing the rounds yet?

18. Lewis Kerr

Genuinely been saying this since Lennys last season

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I was calling for hayes - sinclair sub at half time.

Hayes was on a yellow and you know he likes a tackle. Any whiff of a foul and madden would've sent him off to even the playing field.

I thought this was a masterstroke from Lennon.