1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V Hibs Monday July 27th kick off 1:30

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 26, 2020.

Discuss Celtic V Hibs Monday July 27th kick off 1:30 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Just caught up on the first half.

Decent first 45.

Looking forward to the second half

2. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just watched this on CTV and thought we played well overall with the second half more than the first. Given that we played more or less a b team against a strong Hibs there was a lot to be happy with. Was a bit annoyed with the number of times Klimala was caught off side in the first half but he won me over with his second half performance. I'm a happy bhoy overall.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    bagforlife and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  3. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    A far more enjoyable watch than Ross County. Good to see an opponent play positively for a change. They asked questions of our team,players and also coaching staff(formations and formation changes).

1st real view of Soro for me. Struggled initially, as did most of the team with the Hibs 3-5-2. As the team settled, so did he. Pressurising one minute, dropping deep when we had possession and on a few occasions moving forward. Was a wee bit worried in the 2nd half with the challenge on touchline. But otherwise, an interesting watch. Don't know if we can pigeon hole him a position or comparable role yet.

Ntcham oozed quality. For me, he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park.

As for the young team. Very pleasing. Dembele scored and was far more effective when he went played as the attacking point of the midfield diamond in the 2nd half. Been a lot of buzz about him during his time in the Youths and he's showing signs of being able to transfer that and step up. Wish we would let him have a go at a few set pieces though. Henderson and Welsh shown some qualities. And credit to young Robertson. Midfield and then left back in the 90 mins, solid display in both areas. Young Connell was also very positive. Always looking to go forward. Hazard was more than reliable. Not one I have seen much of to be honest. Couple of good saves and one in the 2nd half after he was pretty much inactive.

Game of two halfs for Klimala. In fairness, he was isolated against 3 and 4 bodies for the 1st half. His run to naewhere just prior to half time wasn't a great sign. Second half and with the addition of Griffiths in particular, we saw far more from him. Link up play with Griffiths and support players was good. Bumped a goal off Griffiths and added another from the corner. Favours the right peg and all right side a bit too much. I wonder if he may be an option cutting in from the wide left at some point.

Griffiths. Don't think we seen anything that we didn't know about him in terms of ability. Add into the change in formation, he helped pick up the play a level. Good to see.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  4. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Lacklustre start....but got better throughout the game.

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

is there any highlights ?

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye well cheers for running the surprise ya *.

:56:

7. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Sit down wae a beer and enjoy Ntcham,Dembele,Luca and Griff...won't tell you the score:67::67:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

* sake any need man.

:56:

9. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    :67::56:enjoy their play...:50:

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right about they 4, also enjoyed soro and good to see paddy with another few goals for his confidence

the 2 negative s were young hendo, thought game just passed him by and I someone pointed out, a guy that was struggling to get into the starting 11 at Ross County last season should be nowhere the Celtic first team squad

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    I would El Hammed to those four

12. Bozza

Fav Celtic Player:
    K T
    Is there any where I could watch the full match??

I don't have celtic tv and cant find it on youtube.

You think they'd replay it on the virtual season ticket as most folk that can afford a season ticket would have been at there work today to pay for this expensive streaming service.

It's the least they could do!!!!

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

it be good to watch this but it looks like its not available outside celtic tv

Bozza likes this.