1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Hearts, Tues 30/01/18, 19:45. Not on TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 27, 2018.

Discuss Celtic v Hearts, Tues 30/01/18, 19:45. Not on TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    And caused their goal aswell

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree we were as on top in second half and playing aswell as we were first, the more that team plays together the less wasteful we will become, as poor as hearts were they had a 9 game run of not conceding a goal,so their defence was on a high and been well organised yet we carved them open at will and really could have had 5 or 6

3. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t know how it came across on the streams but that was a much better game to go to than the vast majority I’ve been to this season, wasn’t perfect by all means but right from the off the team had a different feel about it, I’d personally put it down to the 2 up front, Tierney played the best I’ve seen from him in quite a while, the defence in general seemed far less likely to make a silly slip up, that in itself breeds confidence.

Although they were never in it or troubled our goal it was a bit disappointing to concede as up until then it looked as if we would easily hit 5 or more and that knocked us a wee bit out of our stride for a while.

Wonderful reception for Charly, everyone seemed genuinely excited by him coming on and this signing in general, that backheel sort of justified quite why people are excited....pure brilliance.

Oddest thing of the night was “in the heat of Lisbon” and the lights being in the 57th minute...everyone around me was quite puzzled by it.

Went in the Kerrydale after, was practically empty....is this the norm after midweek games?

Jax Teller likes this.
  4. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Great match, good result, am in Teneriffe at the moment and the guy behind me was a dyed in the wool hun pretending to be neutral, Mon the Hoops

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  5. Celticbhoy17

The 67 thing was very odd - put my light on at the real 67 anyways - you think the GB made a mistake or what?

I agree though, that was the most enjoyable game to attend for a while.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. BroxBhoy94

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ONE NEIL LENNON
    Fantastic performance from the team last night. Honestly thought we were going to pump them rotten by about 5 or 6 when Edouard opened the scoring.

Musonda looks a great player, and I got a perfect view of his wee back heel to Ajer. Great stuff.

Disappointing to concede but aside from that they never gave us any bother. Best home game this season so far (with the exception of the Astana game).

And get it roond Levein and Cochrane. Not Broony's fault the boy canny take a tackle.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  8. thestepover

Fav Celtic Player:
    dicanio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    symphony
    we were excellent the night but why didd Tierney no get MOTM? broony is his usual self but for me Tierney was top class as was Kouassi.

9. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Well played tonight Celtic

That formation and personnel looked solid tonight.
    The pace looked much faster and slicker, with added bite in the tackle........there were a number of players I thought had excellent spells in the game and the more this team plays together, they will only get better.
    The front two worked well together,
    Broonie and Ntcham were excellent throughout
    Kouassi is a ball winner and hard as nails,hope he gets more game time.
    Ajer defended well and had great runs forward into the box
    Wee Jamesy had some good runs and tracked back well when needed
    Boyata looked solid and Jozo strolled the game
    Motm for me was KT, his constant runs forward tormented their defence.
    BR set out the team well and gave Levein a lesson in tactics

Great options from the bench tonight.....Charly(looks a wee live wire),Sinclair McGregor

Then in a few weeks, some of the injured, being available......Paddy, Rogic, Griff,Armstrong

Looking forward to the rest of the season with this squad...Hail Hail:57:

seanm likes this.
  10. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    am right * off last night..........why didnt the fans invade the pitch after Moussas goal or at the end??? No invasion...very poor lads:party::party048:

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  11. Crilly

Honestly I thought they were chanting it for musonda cause it was when he was warming up to come on so I thought they sang it for him with the 67 jersey on

12. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Best we've played for a while, excellent performances right through the team, shame we had to gift them a goal though, they didn't deserve a thing.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I thought the same thing, but that was in the 57th minute surely they might be just thought it was 67 on the big screen? :56:

Crilly likes this.
  14. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Best we have played since 3-0 at Pittodrie imo. Complete team performance, everyone was flying into tackles and chasing every ball, felt like the Celtic of last season.

To a man, everyone played out their skin, but for me Tierney was MOTM. He was terrorising them down the left all night, getting booted * out of and just kept coming at them.

Mental seeing Ntcham leading the line, thought he wasn’t too bad, could mibee be a wildcard when we need a bit of a bully up top in some games.

Glad of who got the goals also, all 3 have been in dire need of a confidence boost.

Maroon huns dispatched, now onto the ayrshire huns for 4 in a row :ynwacelti

15. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

I'm sure they sang it in the 57th min against hibs at the weekend too.

16. scootz

Well, that was as comprehensive a 3-1 victory as you're ever likely to see - could have been 13-1.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

There's a new guy with the megaphone just now.

Big Tarzan will be back again soon.

Crilly likes this.
  18. Crilly

amateurs :57:

19. celtic warrior

Team looked like it's old self which is great.

I first thought it was a tad risky playing our only two fit senior strikers give the injury issues we have, but thankfully I'm not a manager in football and them both scoring completely justifies that decision.

Just where you fit in all this talent is * beyond me.

You got the flair and creativeness now of the likes Roberts, Rogic. Musonda and ntcham or you've got the directness and and energy of the likes of Forrest, Sinclair, KT, Armstrong (while he's here atleast) and that's ignoring our two enforcers in brown and kouassi.

3-5-2 looks the way forward now it looks the best way to get the most out of our attacking players Just don't know who fits in that midfield now, Rodger's must love and hate having that as an issue for him to deal with now

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Excellent performance last night. Really the diet huns are very lucky it was only 3-1 it could easily have been 5 or 6 if our finishing in the second half had of been on a par with the first half.
    Can I also just say a shout out to Craig Levein: natural order restored now you * *!