1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Hearts - Saturday 3pm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Sep 24, 2015.

Discuss Celtic v Hearts - Saturday 3pm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Highly frustrating with the tactics Hearts played 11 behind the ball but we had enough chances in first half to ease to a win! Bad luck really summons it up when Hearts had a potentially goal scoring chance at the end! Will be intresting to see the disallowed goal and going by the radio commentary Patterson got away 2-3 times while already cautioned.

2. TheHappyLoss

Should've been out of sight first half. For all our possession second half I didn't think we looked like scoring. Still takes the edge of it cos the sheep got beat

3. celtic20

I actually didn't notice, believe it or not. I was of the assumption we ere playing the same way all throughout the match. Fair enough though mate, must've missed that myself. Good to see someone actually try to explain it instead of slagging off other posters who try to give their opinion.

4. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Its true though

5. DavidFernandez

When Barca were the undisputed best team in the world, and defence's parked the bus on the 18 yard line, they didn't even play with any strikers.

Before everyone tells me Barcelona then were better than Celtic now, the difference between Barca and teams who have sat back against them ( Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal - all English teams dunno if there's something in that, but I'm sure Continental teams done it too) is surely a closer match than Celtic v Hearts or any other SPL team.

The amount of big teams (Bayern, Liverpool, Germany) who play against far inferior teams without any striker, and the amount who play with only one striker, surely put this to bed?

Edit: I don't disagree with changing it to two up front when you need a goal, but don't really see sense in changing the starting formation.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Was a * joke tbh. He was just running and barging Forrest off the ball and ref giving fuckall :56: done it about 3 times in 5 minutes just bashing him away, then about 5 minutes after that he pushed him in the back knocking him away and again no freekick.

If they are not fouls then basically this Clancy * allows anyone to run and bash right through the side of someone not going for the ball anywhere anytime in the game, so if one of them was running into our box Lustig or whoever could just smash right through the side of them and then take the ball while the * been flung along the floor.

7. calanor

You should expect players on this level to score from 5-7 meters from the goal. 5 times they missed from that distance.

8. celtic20

Aye Clancy has got to be one of the worst referees we have, and in this country that really is saying something. Cannot believe that * Paterson git away with all those fouls. By the way, was Ciftci actually offisde for the goal? Saw Paterson applauding the decision desperately.

9. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    It's not. You just have your head so far up your * that you can only spout *. Now that, whether you like it or not, is the truth unanimously decided by the people who unfortunately have had to read through your boufing posts.

10. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Stokes and Hooper. Clever interplay works in Scotland. I am not saying this just to say it. Im saying it because its true.

11. celtic20

Still worrying that we've only picked up 1 point from the first two "big games" against Aberdeen and Hearts.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Dont know if he was offside, I sit where theres a good view as well but couldnt tell.

13. PlasticViking

It's an opinion. Personally I think the 4-4-2 belongs to history, along with the long-ball and the mullet.

14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

I don't know about that. He was capable of giving free kciks to Hearts at the drop of a hat. The card seemed to come out easier for the Celtic players. I would substitute bad for bias or just plain and simple cheating

15. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    A long ball nearly cost us the game today. Anything that works look at the Tony Watt goal V Barca. There is a time and a place for the long ball and there is a time and a place for two strikers. Football is played on the park not in a fancy text book.

16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Today was one of those games where we could have played all night and not scored, it just wasn't going to happen. Too many of our goal threats had an off day (striking wise). We are a point closer to the top than before kick off so not a disaster by any means.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Would have rated the players the day

Gordon 6 average done nothing really
    Lustig 5 little defending but passed the ball backwards for 75 minutes, only effective at the end putting crosses in
    Boyata 6 little to do and kept it simple
    Ambrose 7 good forward passing, probably MOTM
    Izaguirre 7 attacked well all game, near enough every attack was from him and Forrest
    Brown 6 solid
    Bitton 6 ok not as good as usual
    Commons 5 few poor shots, some ok stuff, done nothing on the right though
    Rogic 6, never really had a sniff at goal but some quality play on the ball, better first half than 2nd
    Forrest 7 tried a lot of stuff, on the ball a lot
    Griffiths 6 few chances, should have scored maybe did dont know if it was offside, was ok

18. calanor

Why? Side to side passing just slows down the game. The best is to combine break through passes and crosses, but then the strikers/attacking players have to be more mobile. Run in position. Not just stand and wait for the ball.

19. PlasticViking

You got your two strikers today. Didn't do much good, did it?

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    2 up front doesn't mean 442

Look at Juve last year and Atletico Madrid the year before. 2 up front is far from dead and it's something we should be doing more often in Scotland, especially with games like today.