1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Ferencvaros Wednesday 26th August Premier sports 1 7:45 kick off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 22, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v Ferencvaros Wednesday 26th August Premier sports 1 7:45 kick off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    PL walked into a shower room and saw a guy , then made him the manager

2. anderso9

Why was Eddy not playing? Did I miss something?

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I am beyond upset and angry at this * result. I will say it again win the league and bounce back and salvage something in Europe this season is a must,nothing else matters.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and Hammy89 like this.
  4. Lecs

Give me a coked up * up overweight Griffiths any day of the week. Wee man will still put the baw in the net.

Absolute shambles from Neil Lennon tonight. I was angry at playing with only one up front on Saturday, none up front tonight though Jesus *.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time with our * defending as well. Should have strengthened it a lot earlier.

5. StevieBhoooy!

The decline in our CL ‘progress’ is frightening.
    Chasing TIAR but going backwards in Europe for most of it ...

It can’t just be Lenny as he has taken us to the further stages but he’s got to shoulder the blame now.

The overall pattern however indicates a deeper issue(s) at the club whether it’s recruitment, commitment, coaching or all three.

My worry is that it will now spread to league performance.... never mind the inevitable player being sold to cover the CL shortfall that they supposedly never budget for.

1BA1ADE1-96E4-4162-B313-404FB4A8EBCF.jpeg

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Last 2 matches we've had 51 shots and needed a scramble in the box and a deflection to get goals :52:
    :55:

7. celtic warrior

Happens to often now.

Going into season defining games and sticking a midfielder as our striker.

What makes this one especially worse though is that we had 2 strikers on the bench, with Klimala clearly working his * off literally transforming his physical ability and we are made to believe he couldn't have seen out an hour of play minimum at which point you could have then introduced Ajeti?

Bullwank

MagicBallBhoy and Crilly like this.
  8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Any Celtic fan who thinks we should not give it our absolute all in the EL needs their head examined.

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  9. joemc

There was no running in behind tonight ,our build up play stopped that .on the evidence of tonight we are there for the taking this year .

10. StevieBhoooy!

Really? I’m more disappointed with tonight in terms of the domestic implications...

I’d say the league is THE ONLY thing that matters!

11. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I said win the league,that goes without saying after that doing as well as possible in Europe is all that matters.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Noticed that he’s hasn’t really been great since missing those sitters against cooenhagen Reykjavik and Hamilton don’t count because they are semi pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. john2061

I would have accepted the defeat better tonight if we put out the proper team selection with klimara up top and Christie in midfield with ntcham and McGregor .
    But the manager needs to take whole of the blame for that disaster tonight and only ten in a row will keep him in a job but think he's lost alot of the support tonight .

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Say for instance it was next season and we went out I second round would we drop in to the Europa conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Every game i see Brown come to centre back to receive the ball, i know we are *.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  16. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    What a * shambles that was.

17. oh bhoy

How many of them were inside the box ,like a genuine scoring opportunity 2 perhaps?

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

What the actual * man, how do we go from losing to Cluj to beating Lazio home & away to getting beat by these nobodies?

* from the manager and the players, they deserve all the stick they get for this. Absolute joke.

Hammy89 likes this.
  19. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Well, where to start with that. Attitude? Team Selection and tactics? Over complication of the situation?

Been spoke about on here and on numerous other places about the areas for which Frenecvaros were a danger. And we played right into their hands. Counter-attack led to the corner. And wow, what a * shambles that was. 6 guys all bunched together as the ball was cleared out of the area. Folk sauntering back into position to defend the next phase, guy on the edge of the box given time to take a shot. Good strike and 1-0 down. How many times did we get a clean or uncontested shot away tonight?

So 1-0 down and played straight into their hands. Soak up attacks and break on us. Playing the game on their terms.

Then for a period of 10 minutes we had * flapping about. Defenders not knowing how to defend(Julien and Ajer). Standing back off challenges, rather than competing for the ball. Were they to scared or worried about what might happen if they didn't win the ball. In attack they closed off the ball into feet(just like Dundee United,just like Killie) and were happy to send player into congestion. And what did we do? Obliged. Best moments of the 1st half came from guys getting to the byline or going behind the wing back. We then controlled the remaining 10-15 mins of the half but passed up a couple of half chances. Went into the halftime chasing the game.

2nd half. Much better control. But we started to fall into bad habits. Defenders not defending. Wee simple things like being aggressive and attacking the ball (Julien and Ajer), we started to sit off. Just a wee minor detail at the time, that would become a glaring error and fatal blow. We had better control of the game, we were asking more questions. Players getting to the byline, players taking shots from outside the area. Keeping them honest. And eventually got our goal.

Ntcham off the bar, couple of cutbacks and balls into the area missing that final touch or not falling for us.

Then one long clearance and the flaw in defenders not defending, was exposed. El Hamed had a decent starting position but somehow contrived to let the ball through him. Was he not comfortable clearing with his right? Was he preoccupied by who was behind him? Was he slow to react or make a decision because he was struggling with his match condition?

One half hearted attempt at a challenge later and that was us humped. Back to where we were at half time and back playing the game on Frenecvaros terms.

Flung on a striker who hasn't had enough time to adjust to the team, to dig us out of another hole.

Frenecvaros are a decent team and we handed them the opportunities to win the game. And they took them. They had a clear idea of what they wanted and needed to do. They utilised their formation and in the 1st half especially, we couldn't find a solution or response.

Then as if things couldn't get any worse. We have our manager volunteer to the press post match with ammunition. and dug ourselves a deeper hole. We are barely, if even at all over the Boli situation. Before our manager throws another grenade into the mix. A bad night for Neil Lennon on the park and he * up again off it.

This start to this season on the pitch, has been bang average. It sunk further tonight. Off the field, well its been a * show. And will now continue for a bit longer, thanks to our manager airing such opinions.

evilbunny1991 likes this.
  20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yep we bottle in europe very often in fact its really the norm isnt it

at a guess it maybe becomes apparent in the club that there is so much riding on these games and we haven't found the formula to prepare the players properly without at the same time putting too much pressure on them

it always kind of looks like they are stressed to * in these games, we christie * bless him one of our better players id say this season so far seems to be trying TOO HARD is this a fitness thing are we still busting to get ourselves match fit

wiht 30 million pound pot waiting on us shouldn't we be starting the season completely fit ? and match fit ? so we are more than ready for hard working teams in the qualifying rounds ? rather than still trying to get there a month into the season ?