1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Ferencvaros Wednesday 26th August Premier sports 1 7:45 kick off

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 22, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v Ferencvaros Wednesday 26th August Premier sports 1 7:45 kick off in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Annoying thing is we’ve aw stood by Lennon with his absolute howling decisions to play Calmac as a left back, Lewis Morgan as a striker even when we aw knew before the game it was the total wrong decision thinking “ aw well we learn from our mistakes” but Tonight s decision to play a poor team at home in a 1 off qualifier with home advantage with no strikers and 2 striker s worth 8 M on the bench is the type of decision even my Mrs wouldn’t make as a manager

it’s inexcusable

tits-oot! likes this.
  2. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    * all to do with Barkas tonight. Full stop.

3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    yea well where is that “lion”? he * off back to England, so our goalkeeping situation was clearly not his foremost concern. We were a nice wee number for him last year so he could sort his career out.

anyway, give Barkas a chance fs, only in the door and you’d think he’s had a howler per game the way youse are going on. Let’s not forget, Saint Fraser was liable to make a mistake early on in his Celtic career. There were a lot of shambolic performances tonight but Barkas certainly wasnt one of them

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. Foley1888

Where do you start with that tonight, as soon as I heard Eddy was a doubt yesterday you just knew it was going to be the same old story.

That team were very poor, yet we managed to get beat by them.

During the game they had a pop from distance and one counter attack which was a ta Kyle/clearance and a guy just running at goal. That was about the only play they had in our half the second half yet we manage to get beat 2-1.

Three big Euro knock out ties on the trot playing nobody and can’t handle the favourites tag, so get put out. It’s not being beaten by superior teams, tricky away days or spending power but by three teams that you would struggle to make a decent side out combined yet we are beaten at home by all three.

Eddy gets injured but we have strikers we have paid a combined £8m+ sitting on the bench but don’t deem them fit to play ahead of a midfielder upfront? Then create enough situations to win all the qualifying rounds yet there keeper barely gets tested.

That is shocking decision making from the manager and coaching staff. That team blew out there backside from about 35 mins onwards and looked toothless yet we got beat. That only comes down to one thing and that’s bottle and a lack of it in the current team.

5. WhitleyCelt

Tactical Disasterclass.

I cannot believe I have just witnessed Lennon being interviewed and saying we wasted too many chances......when he picked 0 strikers to start. What the * did he expect?

littlekennie likes this.
  6. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I'm not even gutted about being in the europa league, I'm more worried about the repercussions this might have regarding the squad and transfers. Its beyond embarrassing going out to * nobodies year after year.

Lennon1888 and mayo like this.
  7. limezer

Why do we sign so many players that we don’t play klimala, Ajeti, Bayo, kouassi, Boli shved, Arzani
    The 2 American defenders, I’m sure there have been many more. But for a prudent club this is just wasteful.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Eddy isn’t injured I don’t believe that one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhitleyCelt and oh bhoy like this.
  9. freitassen

Calm down, it can get worse. In Europa League qualifyings there is no seeding by ranking. We unlike last year have two rounds to negotiate. Last year we were lucky to be drawn against dross. We could get Astana in the second round straight away, and we will be unseeded against whoever gets knocked out in the third round of UCL. For an example of a team who is likely to be in that position, check Ferencvaros. In a single game it will take very little for them to outsmart the excursion leader of a manager we have. So far, Lennon hasn't lost a single chance of losing to clubs in that level.

10. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    As always, we make europe so much harder than it needs to be. Im lost for words tonight. A very bad start to a complicated season has turned into another shitshow of our own making. Unforgivable, wont learn from his mistakes. The ten has saved his job. However it shouldnt be enough for him to keep it. Pish

11. crazy-horse1977

I am not saying it does. All I am saying is its difficult to judge on games he has been in so far, as he hasn't really saved anything of note.

12. freitassen

Not reaching the Europa League groups will trigger an even worse fire sale of everything we can

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    There was an element of luck to them getting their goals and us not, another day the strike from out the box lands anywhere and the 2nd breakaway goal the guy takes a poor touch but their only 2 real attempts or chances they took. We had a few close calls, hitting the bar, Elyounoussi maybe wrongly called offside and another few half chances and openings.

But the main thing is we have been beaten by being very soft again. Weren't ruthless or confident enough to sweep aside what should really have been an easy game and cost ourselves.

14. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    come on now.....

15. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Exactly this, he’s lucky it’s 10 in a row season cause he’d be out the door tomorrow morning otherwise. I’d love to see him gone when I wake up tomorrow it’s genuinely the only thing that will make me feel better at this point

16. Martybhoy53

Easier to lose with his baffling team selection tactics and subs on too late.

17. ddub11

Agree about paddy,seems to have done nothing wrong and he got good reports preseason and yet hes left on the bench.
    Tonight was a disgrace and it needs fixing straight away.

Lenny needs to make changes and let people know its not acceptable,giving our past performances so far this season(i know its early)im not confident and i really hope we start improving quick ,otherwise i fear for10.

18. WhitleyCelt

For me its this privalage that the players have got into their heeds that they can just turn up and win. Lennon stated that a few of our players think they are better than the really are. This is dangerous and leads to absolutely farcical performances such as tonight, Cluj and Copenhagen.

Playing for Celtic is a privalage but winning the Celtic way is down to hard graft.

Lennon needs to take it back to basics and get a 3-5-2 sorted.

19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Frightening thought....

freitassen likes this.
  20. DonnyCelt

Every word is true though. Obviously wish it wasn't but a pattern has been emerging for years here