1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Darnok

No. It is a Lenny. Look at his last reign: full of losses when the game was there to be won; late subs; baffling tactical decisions. A Lenny. Not hatin', just statin', bro.

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Do you really believe that pish you just typed!! They felt pressure because the huns get through? Go give yerself a good scrub and grow the * up man.

3. CountyDownFaithful

When will we learn?

Absolutely shocking.

* right off Celtic

lazyregula likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ok sorry you were right.

Darnok likes this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

Very disappointed overall ... more in the performance rather than the result.

Hopefully just a ‘blip’ as I’d be far more upset if we played like that at the weekend.

The Scottish cup and another treble was always more important (this season) to me as a supporter.

Well done to Copenhagen though. They deserved it.

johnboy19 and lazyregula like this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Not signing a big monster for the middle of the park cost us tonight we ended with Rogic in a 352 who goal aside was not bad but hes ruined in that formation

7. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I dunno if we’ll have a better chance to go far in Europe than this. Can see edouard now gome in summer. Absolutely heartbroken at that but had a sneak you feeling all day it had cluj written all over it. Why we have Ajer at rb was a mystery , just because he scored a goal against Aberdeen? Useless.

Simunovic shouldn’t dare touch the jersey again. First thing I noticed after eddy scored was him saying keep the head and signaling to everyone and what do we do * it within 2 mins Jesus.
    How do we manage to do this to ourselves every year no wonder every other fan from outside Scotland laughs at us

8. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The players play for the manager. Mcgregor, Forrest and Ajer have been half the players they were under Rogers. The reason they were disjointed and there was no linking up comes from not understanding their role or the manager/coaching staff haven't explained the plan well enough.

We did miss a lot of chances. But then in the 2nd half of the first tie when they changed they went more narrow in the midfield and targeted our left flank, we didn't respond, and let them back into the game.

We created * all after they scored, apart from griffiths chance which their keep saved. Regardless, shipping 3 goals at home to Copenhagen is ridiculous and it happened against Cluj too.

I haven't checked, but I can't imagine Copenghagen have scored 3 against anyone in Europe this season let alone away from home.

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

you can tell when we are no right for a game

fear done us tonight, overly concerned with the opposing team and its not the first time this season

silver lining we can concentrate on the treble

10. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    All
    Thought him and elyonussi were our best players but neither can last more than an hour atm, apart from the goal where he really cost us. Ntcham, rogic, simunvic have you see more costly 3 mistakes like *

11. Momo Sylla

Completely unacceptable. Why change from a formation that's working so well. Jozo has shown time and time again he can't be relied on so should've gone with Bitton.

Can't afford to miss so many chances.

Keep it tight for a few minutes after we equalised and we had a chance but far too naive.

Need a couple of fat ones to calm me down.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Can't believe we never played the 3-5-2 but no excuse for not winning it still. Jozo put us under pressure but we were * all night before that, constantly punting it long to Edouard who may a well be sitting on his * as he shows no interest in going near one.

Knocked off our game too easy and reverting to the long ball which we get nothing out of, like a replay of the huns game in December.

cfc_kenny likes this.
  13. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe now our players will know they are not half as good as they think they are

Time to put in some serious work on passing and controlling the ball. Formation didn't help. Should have been Griff & Eddy up top but that would not have fixed the slack passing and * performances at the back.

Back to Domestic fitba and we need another clean sweep .. and Lenny better be looking at signing players NOW. Too many average players on the books in defensive roles

14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    You win as a team and you lose as a team. This will hurt for a while for us and the players. We came back better from Cluj , we can back better from sevco in December. We need to come back again and kick on now ..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The reason going off my nut last week and tonight missed important clean cut chances veteran of watching modern European games involving Celtic seen it all before don’t score you get bitten in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    I'm disappointed. However trying to see bigger picture because domestically we are so good. But I really thought this was the season we would go that bit further

17. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Agree, nothing to do with lack of investment, Lennon got his tactics and team selection wrong by changing a winning formula. You cant account for individual errors, no manager can. But Lennon could have changed it after we got the penalty , shore up the midfield and keep it tight for the next 5 or 10 minutes, even take it to extra time.

ddub11 likes this.
  18. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Best post on here tonight

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  19. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Gutted at the performance, we had a great chance to go thru but individual errors and poor performances from alot of our players cost us.

Despite being disgusted by the result I always believe that Europe is a bonus, domestic dominance is still the aim.

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not as embarrassing as the depths you will stoop to when you finally get your chance to criticize the man. * sad.

Garrymac1888 likes this.