1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Bayern Munich Tue, 31st Oct 19:45 BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 28, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v Bayern Munich Tue, 31st Oct 19:45 BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jamiebhoy67

Does any one have bt post match big sutton larsson n that post match cant seem.to find apologies

2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I wonder if journalists in Belgium are suggesting that Anderlecht just not bother playing in the champions league anymore because of their poor results...?

3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I really wish the last 2 games were the other way around. We'd take the positives of last night into the game against Anderlecht, PSG would likely wrap up top spot against Bayern before we played them. I could have seen PSG playing a weak team against us which would have given us a chance of picking something up and helping with coefficient points.

As it is I fear PSG will be wanting to make sure of top spot when they play us, which worries me. We should still make the Europa ok, but it could have been on more of a high, without a further potential doing.

Having said that, if we could pull something out of the bag against their full team, when they are looking for a win, that would be pretty awesome.

4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Weren't any hard decisions tbf.

Handball if he had given it or not no one would question him.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He was pretty good although last 10/15 minute's he went to pot a bit giving them a fair few soft freekicks as they looked to kill time..

We had another good ref this year. Was it an Italian at home to Astana or away to Anderlecht? Can't mind..

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Doubt it.

Artorias likes this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Getting a point v Bayern isn't unrealistic given how they played v us. They'll most likely play a similar team against against Anderlecht.

We'll get beat in Paris so could go down toast game winner takes EL spot

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Different view from what you had the other day. When anything against Bayern was unrealistic???

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

Doesn't matter what anderlecht do now worst case scenario we would only need a point

Keano88, packybhoy and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They'll have Lewandowski and or Muller back fully fit against Anderlecht..

He got a knock and they've got Dortmund on Saturday that's why he was left out..

They'll be stronger against Anderlecht with a natural striker at their disposal that's for sure..

I think we'll do Anderlecht on the last day so 6 point's up on our 3rd pot, last year Europa quarter finalists will be sound progress and gives us an idea of where we're currently at in Europe. Still a way off the big gun's but a level above side's like Anderlecht which would be impressive..

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    We've got what it takes to go into the Europa and go for it. No fear and a bit of luck can take us far.

13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Exactly what me and my nephew were talking about this morning.Yes we get a slice or 2 of luck we could well go all the way.Just imagine the final,there we are,a real chance of total glory and straight into the CL Group stages!
    I think we will put a good show away to PSG and win our last home game with utter ease.There are so many hungry players in our squad ready to make a massive impact in our lengthy adventure in Europe after Christmas good pal:50:

packybhoy likes this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Dunno if maybe some have taken what I said as serious? I was being sarcastic because there were journalists in this shithole country saying Celtic should just stop playing in the champs league because we took a bit of a doing, can't remember what game it was but was ridiculous.

Luis1967, Xatraps and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The flow of the game, the tackles he was letting go and how he controlled it. It’s not always the big decisions that makes a performance.

16. Blackpoolbhoy39

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie maley
    Managed to get a ticket off a guy from one of the supporters buses about an hour before kick off..was on the verge of giving up hope! Although fair play to the Munich fans who travelled without tickets,me coming from Blackpool paled in comparison!...I came for the city game last season and the atmosphere was incredible,but I think it outdid that last night..amazing,just a shame we didn’t get the result..but hey ho onwards and upwards my fellow hoops!

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Glad you got a ticket mate.:50:

Blackpoolbhoy39 likes this.
  18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yeah the ref was very good. I always feel rightly or wrongly that even at CP the refs will favour the elites. Last night was fair and square.

Liam Scales and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Thought the ref was excellent. It was really tightly contested in midfield and it would’ve been easy to get the cards out and stop the game at every opportunity, as most do. He let it go though and it contributed to a fee floating, high tempo game.

Bhoyo87 and Liam Scales like this.
  20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think regardless of wether it’s the Europa or CL, it’s become pretty clear what we need to do to be successful, and what we absolutely cannot do.

In the games where we’ve been soundly beaten we’ve generally showed far too much respect to the opposition, and almost enjoyed watching them more than competing with them. We’ve also been afraid on the call. Contrast that to last nights performance or the games against Man City, Anderlecht or the German team and we’re a completely different animal - intense pressure, harrying and snapping at the opposition from the start, comfortable in possession and swift on the counter attack.

We have the tools to do very well in the Europa if we approach gane with as much bravery as we showed last night.

Ghotti Bhoy likes this.