1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v Bayern Munich Tue, 31st Oct 19:45 BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 28, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v Bayern Munich Tue, 31st Oct 19:45 BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Used to love it as a kid. It's just as cheap for me to fly and stay hotel for 3 of us than supporters buses.

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Big Dembele wasn't as composed as he can be and it looked that way for most of the game.

ddub11 likes this.
  3. ynwa1987

Great performance, one of the best iv seen in the CL. Great to see 6 Scots in the team including 3 academy players.

I think we could be looking at going far in the Europa cup and hopefully our squad is more prepared for the CL next season. We could do with splashing out on a quality right back , center back and Goalie.

4. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No blow jobs offered but a guy in my row was offered £500 for his ticket in the Brazen Head pre match from a Bayern fan, as I said to you earlier outside the ground, that's the most fans looking for tickets I've seen outside Parkhead for as long as I can remember

Fully87 and packybhoy like this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Mate they were walking around the city centre all day with strips of cardboard saying "Tickets." Hundreds of the poor *. Fair play to them for making the journey. Felt bad when I saw 4 empty seats behind me the whole game. That's £200 right there!:31:

6. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Having a chance at every ticket that i wouldt get on my own accord outweighs any negative for me now anyways.
    Wouldn't have had a sniff of a cup final ticket last year if I didn't go on the bus every few weeks

packybhoy likes this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Your a 100% mate! You do need to be traveling with supporters clubs. My old bhoy used to sort me out because he had 4 season books and helped run a club. But because of health he don't travel as much. But thanks to Lion and Leeso they sorted me out. Because of my work in the past I couldn't travel regularly.

WolfOfParkhead likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Really pleased with the way we went about it last night(two moments aside). Another time where the football experts or media goons have been proven wrong. Plenty questioned Celtic and Brendan for the way he wants us to play. But I would much rather we had the balls to go and play, press the opposition and put them under pressure, like we did last night. Than sit back and concede possession and hope we can hang onto something.

We came up short on both the goals, which came from periods where we did the latter. Although it was understandable why that happened.

So yer * like Tom English and those slagging Brendan pre-game for his desire for us not to play so open and attacking and "Guardiola" comments can shove that right up their shiters.

A lot of people ask what Brendan has left to achieve at Celtic. We saw last night where we have to aim for in the future.

Tremendous effort from the team last night and happy to see that acknowledged by the fans at the end of the game.

Never felt so good after a defeat in my life.

richardm, Fully87 and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Couldn't resist a wee gander on zombie media's "laugh at THE INVINCIBLES" thread (I know I know) and amongst all the mental gymnastics trying to put a negative spin on our game last night was this absolute belter...

:56:

Jax Teller, Fully87 and KRS-1888 like this.
  11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Seen that aswell.

Just hiding from the truth coz it hurts too much. Can't wait to play these * at Parkhead now, always brings them back down to earth.

12. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Proud of the team last night.Just gutted we never got at least a point,the bhoys deserved something for their efforts.

Europa League will be our *.

Saul Goodman likes this.
  13. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Very good performance, deserved at least a point.

The progression we've shown from the PSG (home) and Bayern (away) games is pleasing, let's see if we can carry it on into the next game in Paris.

The only downside was some ludicrous defending for the first goal. But then we've all been saying for months that we could do with a new goalie and centre-back if we're to compete at this level.

14. StevieBhoooy!

Well done!

Point would have been great but these are the games needed to mature the side to European competition.

Very respectable result and excellent performances from most.

Pity we are third billing in most of the media behind Chelsea and mancys...
    Funny how when we lost to PSG and away to Bayern we were top billing the next morning!

Now to get some 'distance' built in the league and secure that first trophy of the three! :86:

15. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ref had a good game imo Bayern players applauded us too top class club

StPauli1916, Sydneysider and seanm like this.
  16. Cmcgregor90

Are we officially out in goal difference or is it head to head

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    PSG already through on 12,The most points we can get is 9, Bayern already on9, obviously never going to happen but if we won last 2 games games and they lost next 2 both be on 9, goes to head to head so obviously Bayern go through on that

18. Col1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnstone, Lennox, Dalglish,McStay,Moravcik,Larsson,Naka,McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wullie Maley, Fields of Athenry
    Fans were immense . Thought we played great barring two lapses. Think Broony set the tone by crunching Vidal in the middle of the pitch. They seemed * scared of the physical battle after that !

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. seanm

basically keep the score down against PSG, hope Bayern score a few versus Anderlecht and the last game is irrelevant as Anderlecht would have to score a lot of goals against us, so EL looking good for after crimbo.HH.

20. seanm

please can we play our strongest team in all league games so we can get the league done and dusted asap . obviously i agree rest them for anderlecht game. but when you see hibs tank killie 3 nil and we struggled on saturday v killie we should have played our strongest team and it would be over by halftime then take off our best players.HH.

Sydneysider likes this.