1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V AZ Wednesday 18th August 7:45. kick off Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 15, 2021.

Discuss Celtic V AZ Wednesday 18th August 7:45. kick off Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I hear you Hammy. I would give him another million for proving his doubters wrong. The man is a lion on the pitch !

NomDePlum and Hammy89 like this.
  2. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    We have our sights on the Irish lad from Shamrock Rovers for LB to support Taylor.

3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Forrest is a good player but he needs to play smart also . He shows his cards too early and is predictable to defenders. He needs to vary his play and be more unpredictable otherwise a good fullback will not be troubled by him. He needs to also cross early at times, play a first time ball, make dummy runs, vary his pace to keep defenders guessing etc.

Did very well to come into the centre and offer himself for the Kyogo pass to score the second goal and we need to see more of that initiative and guile from him.

MagicBallBhoy and charlietully like this.
  4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Soro is anything but calm. Too rash with challenges in dangerous areas, and IMO is not good enough on the ball.

AussieGreek likes this.
  5. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I can see why you think that but as you know Ange goes for the jugular, he’ll want the tie finished early. Early goals for us is the key, get 2 and the tie is killed off. The form man is Kyogo.

George Theodorou likes this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    If Celtic get this Giakoumakis transfer over the line it will be an excellent buy in my opinion. Vitesse also had a Greek player some time back that was top scorer in Holland two years running.

However they need to make a realistic, definite offer and stick to it. Greedy player agents will try to drag it out for more money and hurt both the player's chances to further his career and prevent Celtic getting a proven goal scorer at a good price. There is a week to go before the transfer window closes.

No one wants a repeat of the Barkas debacle for 4.5 mill.

7. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    That Vitesse player was Nikos Machlas.

8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I want to wake up tomorrow morning and have my coffee, get the papers, have a read and then have breakfast.
    At noon I want to open up to read the Celtic Star and see Celtic have signed Giakoumakis and Scales and are in the process of getting a goalkeeper to support Hart. That would be the start of a perfect weekend, with me also watching Celtic again in SPL. Can not wait for the AZ match to be played. My breakfast of choice is now porridge !

Moore likes this.
  9. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I missed the second half as I was on my way to work. 2nd goal was brilliant. Pressed them into the corner. From when Turnbull wins it, two passes and we're there for a shot at goal. All is possible simply with a coaches willingness to get players believing in him.

NomDePlum likes this.
  10. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I enjoy reading the daily entries published in the Celtic Star.

However, writing derogatory comments on players in the Celtic squad is not acceptable. It is not a supporters' thread for comments - good, bad or neutral. There may be legal ramifications in this approach to be also considered.

If players are not playing, that is part of club football. Denigrating players is not good for their mental health or their career or their transfer value if they are to move on. It is in the manager's hands to decide who he wants in his squad. He has spoken to every one of his players and continues to do so. He has no need to discuss these matters in public.

Ralston and others have got plenty of similar criticism in the past but look how Ralston is performing now. Negative words can cut deep into the psyche of a player, let alone during Covid.

More care with the written word if you please Celtic Star. Negative words cause damage, especially if it is the team you support.

11. Multatuli

Fav Celtic Player:
    Karamoko Dembele
    Yeah offcourse! I heard you Rangers dudes are nice guys :57:

12. Paradise88

Away in a tough game in Europe. This is the type of game where we really know where we are at. Same goes for the new signings.

13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Come on CELTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

packybhoy and scootz like this.
  14. Paradise88

Take me to your paradise I want to see the jungle!!!

Come on Celtic!!!!!

15. scootz

YAAAAASSSSS 0-1

16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Yassssss

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Paradise88, cidermaster and cas79 like this.
  18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Can not believe what I am seeing tonight.

Both the AZ goals came from basic schoolboy mistakes. Welsh and Starfelt both were not looking at the flight of the ball.
    The ball fell on Welsh's shoulder whereas he should have kept his eye on the ball and headed it away. To add to that, Hart should have screamed that the ball was his or Welsh should have screamed to him to get to it.

Same with Starfelt, did not have his eye on the ball. Air swing at nothing in the most critical area in the goal area. Looked like he had his boots tied together with his laces.

Kyogo got kicked in the head while he was down in the 45th minute off the ball. Both the ref and the fourth official turned a blind eye.

This referee is a joke, he is allowing too much rough house play by AZ on our players.

Hart makes me nervous at the back and he is having the same effect on his defenders. Ralston is probably playing with concussion after that big * charged right into him. Taylor was heroic but had to come off for a fitter player and Montgomery is getting stuck in.

Ange will give them a good talk. Hopefully they can settle and come back strong in the second half,

I HOPE THE BOARD IS SEEING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE A SQUAD LACKING PLAYERS FOR FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL AND DO NOT PROVIDE THE FUNDS TO GET THEM ON TIME !

19. scootz

NomDePlum likes this.
  20. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    This is suicide football

martin_d likes this.