1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 30, 2020.

Discuss CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Would you stay in a hotel that was on fire because it was non refundable?

AwesomeCaz likes this.
  2. StevieBhoooy!

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has urged football clubs not to "abuse" the privileges they are afforded while the rest of Scotland is in lockdown.

Players and staff from Celtic FC are having to self-isolate after one tested positive for Covid-19 on return from a mid-season training camp in Dubai.

Ms Sturgeon said she had doubts about whether the trip was really necessary.

And she said "everyone, including football, should be erring on the side of caution" amid a rise in infections.

Scottish football below Championship level is to be suspended for three weeks in light of the current lockdown, with Scottish Cup and lower league ties to be rescheduled.

Top flight football in Scotland is continuing while most Scots are subject to a "stay at home" order due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Celtic's home fixture against Hibernian is to go ahead on Monday evening, despite the club having lost 13 players and three staff to Covid-19 issues.

Defender Christopher Jullien tested positive for the virus on return from the club's training camp in Dubai, with others including the club's manager Neil Lennon being forced to isolate as close contacts.

Ms Sturgeon said she was "disappointed and frustrated" that her daily coronavirus briefing was again being "dominated by football".

3. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Im kinda torn because I always stood by Lennon and I would be struggling not to. But he is the manager and could have turned round to the board and said "its a daft idea and I dont want my team going". It was Lennon earlier on in the season that slated Kilmarnock (I think it was them) for breaking quarantine regulations. Then Bolingoli embarrasses us and now this.

I am torn because it quite clearly isnt all his fault and a lot of decisions are getting made behind his back and he has apparantly no power to stop them happening. Half they signings in that team, including some of the duds left from Rodgers stint were quite clearly nothing to do with the manager and were done straight from the board room for some reason. Its a * shambles and all laid out in probably the most important season in 22 years. Absolute idiots the lot of them

Mystic Penguin and seamus1967 like this.
  4. StevieBhoooy!

You sure you didn’t mean to post in the Duffy thread?

5. marty89

Either the club has broken rules on distancing and should be punished like St Mirren and Kilmarnock.

Or

The close contacts people have calculated that our entire 1st team and coaching staff are to sit out two games for following advice.

Dr Airdrie stated on radio that the close contact group make an educated guess as to how many people sit out a game. How come other teams on a smaller, less ventilated bus, have not been similarly punished?

*On what metrics do they based this decision or is it a guess?*

I guarantee that nobody can find an instance in the world where 13 players are out because 1 tested positive and you can include team buses in that.

How tf can you have 8+ players out with covid and 0 close contacts if 1 means 13? That just doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever even including team travel.

How is it not the whole plane?

This is punishment not protocol.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  6. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Stop towing the party line ffs. We're to blame and nobody else.

7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll give you a score if you take mines.

Celticbhoy97 likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mate, give up trying to defend Lennon, join the angst and rage - it is better for you, honest.

Lennon takes not sole, but full (is that right?) responsibility, the same way the buck stops with Peter Lawwell as well.
    Shared responsibility? but both equally fully to blame? Not sure how to word this.

Anyway, both and everyone else who agreed to this trip is a * of the highest order.
    End of the day Lennon asked/got offered the trip and snapped at it.
    Peter Lawwell signed off on it.
    Both should have known better.

If any job is to go because of just this fiasco though, it is Peter Lawwell. Daft * is the one who signed off on it.

9. truedub1916

How’s your body language ?

crazy-horse1977 and rickyroma25 like this.
  10. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dicktator

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

was 2nd guessing the clubs reason for doing the trip and it was what i came up, been hilariously bad decisions made all season and it has the hallmarks of lawells tight * approach to things

booked and paid for so squad have to use it or its wasted £££'s instead of thinking of the risks and writing the money off

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Probably make up a rule the morra to do us!! Mind you, at the moment, i'm struggling to find
    Aye asked if i could a snus run to the barras... one condition.....i'll get you * 6 months worth if you stay away that long!!

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  13. marty89

"Scottish Government 'commend' Rangers for Jordan Jones and George Edmundson response"

Nah mate.

The club were daft to book Dubai in the first place but the media and gov are gorging on our clubs image for stories and political clout. Punishment not protocol.

Spent 5 minutes talking about the above incident and then spent an entire week talking about a pre-approved trip.

It was in poor taste, that's it.

Watched a coach in Germany go get chewing gum after having been warned and that was at the start of the virus, their press published it then moved on, gov said it was up to football to deal with it.
    We've got clandestine groups giving their opinion that our entire first team shouldn't play.

I'm all for changing the entire top structure of the club at the end of the season, however a negative cloud over the club for months on end will take years to get over.

What's good for the enemy is bad for us. I can swallow my pride, put my emotions to one side and see that if this continues much longer then the club will suffer deeply. For instance, managers who would have previously come will not look at the job now.

I'm all for following protocols but they can get tf if they want to use our club as and example or a scapegoat.

seamus1967 likes this.
  14. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Dr "Airdrie" (biggest hun hole in Scotland), you couldnae make this stuff up.

15. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Knew this would backfire and the club has made a fool of themselves.

16. leeso-ardoyne

Times like this is when you see how true a supporter you are! I know the club sort of * up(or maybe they didn't of you look at the facts) but don't be falling for all the political *, and the * from the football authorizes! One player tested positive from a virus that has a 99% survival rate and they are telling all our players to self isolate! Balls I say! Test the players before every game and if there's nothing showing up (although the test has been proven to unreliable) then they should be allowed to play!

Stick by the club through thick or thin in times like this and don't let any other outside sources cloud your judgement! This covid positive (if it really is a true positive) could have been picked up anywhere. If the whole team picked it up and came he from Dubai then you could sort of see the sun de of the * hammering us but it's only one case. And I'll be prepared to stick my kneck on the line and say that Julian there'll be * all.etong with him. No sickness, only a positive covid test. Luke the rest of the people testing positive with it with nothing wrong with them. That'll be about the height of it!

With all that said, would be funny if we win these few games with half the team out and go on to win the league! Or a null and void season haha

chiefo and honda like this.
  17. The Dude

Are we really going to blame everyone else?

18. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Of course not, Im just having a laugh.

19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Clandestine groups? * me, it's the NHS we are talking about not the illuminati. Did you not see the pictures from over there? Did they look like they were social distancing and keeping to the protocols over there to you? Kennedy even admitted in the press conference they didn't. That's why this is happening, not because of some conspiracy.

gordyf likes this.
  20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member