1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 30, 2020.

Discuss CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dip 'n' Swerve

Dubai is wrong - the Balenciaga brigade, the reason kids at 11-16 are asking for £700 trainers.
    It is a * hole - anyone who decides to visit is only into instagram and wants to make money without doing * all - like a few of our players trying to track back.
    Why would you even want to go there for a team building session fs

2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeh I don't get the appeal of it.

Conditions for immigrant workers pretty much equate to mass modern slavery.

I have been there on for work reasons so can't really point any fingers but can't ever see me going back.

3. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Shane Duffy was going to braid it for him before he got sent home.

Random Review likes this.
  4. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Loads of folk seem to be going there these days, almost like something of a statement, oh were going to Dubai. Don't understand it myself, roasting heat, ye can't do anything outside, maybe go for a camel ride and come back dripping in sweat, and shopping malls full of overpriced *. Sounds like my worst nightmare.

5. StevieBhoooy!

Its a very artificial place ... from the landscape to the culture .. to the experience.

I suppose some folk want artificial and superficial .. and to take photos of themselves sipping cocktails that cost 4x what they would anywhere else.

Stopped there (A few times) one night at a time en-route further east and found it a strange mix of showy excessiveness and hi-tech blended with mediaeval cultural and social practices.

The UAE obviously spend a lot of money marketing themselves to their target markets and (each to their own) there seems to be a lot who see it as a slightly different and maybe more exotic alternative to Mediterranean places they might be used to .. but without going full long-haul multi leg travel.

I suppose it’s the guaranteed sunshine and facilities that the club would use to justify it... but after the season so far and compounded by saturdays result... it just looks and feels like the club are ‘rubbing fans noses in it’...

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

work your balls off all year to hand out 13 quid for a bottle of beer - this time last year me and the missus went to Budapest, cracker city, cheap, lots to do and see, plenty of history strongly recommend it... then we got drawn with ferencvaros lol, don't let that put you off, our fans would love it there!

goulash and palinka over goats running about Instagram and tiktok. ( Instagram - kids in their ma's spare room telling married men how to live their life lol ) condescending F@%&ers

7. Dip 'n' Swerve

Good old Playa del Ingles in the canaries never done us any harm in the late teens lol - the randy leprechaun few celtic tunes then over to the fiddler for a little rave lol - it is now the finnish centre :( - a trip to the canaries would have grand.

The jet lag alone of dubai would be a concern. prob arranged to keep eddie and ntcham happy fs

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Budapest is a cracking city :50:

Never understood the appeal of Dubai in normal times, although I guess it makes sense now to escape back to some sense of normality. Modern city in the middle of the desert, very little in the way of history or culture, hugely expensive, and full of wanks. There’s so many excellent cities within a short flight of the UK in Europe that are brimming with history, genuine local culture, excellent food, nightlife and even with a * exchange rate they’re not prohibitively expensive.

I guess Dubai has captured the Instagram audience. Too many folk willing to get ripped off if it gets them some likes.

9. Dip 'n' Swerve

Vietnam is the ticket if your prepared to go long haul it would blow dubai outta the water, Thailand is good but getting dear as * - it can be done if you go off the beaten track to a certain degree, always love Ao Nang in Thailand, Krabi area.

Fucksake this is post is becoming like Rick Stein's Long Weekend Away or Michael Palin's travels of a lifetime - cheers lenno the fans can start sharing holiday ideas lol

elbhoydo likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

Something to put on the CV.

11. scootz

Dubai is basically a big construction site in the desert. Not a fan!

blackfish, Rydo1888* and KRS-1888 like this.
  12. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Everyone one who goes to Dubai is an **. Sorry to say so but by going there you support a system that puts women who got rapped in prison and doesn't even bother to get hold of the rapist!

The prime minister himself has multiple times abducted his daughters who wanted to flee his terror regime and some of them are now sedated with medications. It's an absolute disgusting place and it's disgraceful for a club like ours, which boasts at every posibility about its great social responsibility, to support them with media attention and money!

rickyroma25 and seanm like this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I've never liked Boris Johnson tbf.

Should have voted Yes in 2014.

JML67, Gyp Rosetti, SwissCelt and 2 others like this.
  14. Dip 'n' Swerve

a big sinking construction site wont be here in another 25 years lol the disco lights will last longer!!

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I wouldn’t go as far as to say everyone that goes is an *, but there’s definitely a bit of hypocrisy in preachy Instagrammers - often speaking up for things like BLM, women’s rights, and environmental causes - going to a state built on slave labour, with appalling women’s rights, in the middle of an inhospitable desert.

TheWolf, NomDePlum and seanm like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Celticbhoy97

Who’s on the 1st round the night then Bhoys?

19. RockhardBoss

And now we wait for the positive Covid tests and suspension of more games.

Peej likes this.
  20. Bonobhoy

* EVERY ONE OF THEM

Covid positives incoming,games suspended

Peej likes this.