1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You are the ultimate hand wringer. I actually skipped 10 pages because I hadn't been in here since the Cluj game. Last post I read 10 pages ago was you suggesting a closure of the section... First post I read 10 pages later is you demanding a stand closure.

My thoughts on pyro are well documented on here, however the club make 10 times as much as the fines when they sell framed photos of the GB displays.

However still calling for a stand closure after we showed the world how vile Lazio are ..? You actually make me sick.

Away and look at yourself in the mirror because you need to talk some sense into yourself.

You will be there a while.

2. Maestro 08

That never happened. They did that themselves. The banners were pure provocation. They will take their retribution in a fortnight.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They would do that anyway, whether we we were left wing or right wing.

Those banners change nothing.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They jackbooted their way to CP doing * salutes...yet our media are more concerned with the highlighting of their vile views from our support.

The amount of our fans who swallow the guff would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

5. Maestro 08

It's true they don't need any encouragement at the best of times but If you think provoking them hasn't made it a lot more dangerous for our fans going over there then I think you're being very naive.

thailandceltic likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The banner said GREEN BRIGADE. The five pointed star had been used decades before the Red Brigade.

Some sheep just believe anything they read.

Sad to be honest.

7. Maestro 08

C'mon now.

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I agree the banner was provocative. They beautiful Mussolini one even more so than Brigate Verde. The people enraged about it would already be primed for trouble though.

Tims aren't * stupid. Glasgow is a tough place you know and the GB aren't hard to find.

My major worry is their section is closed for this match... They would have been planning trouble long before bannergate

neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. Maestro 08

The vast majority of Lazio fans won't care about these banners. The people that will take great offence are the hardcore ultra element. Unfortunately they also happen to be violent with a track record. Imo some celtic fan(s) will take a hiding as a direct consequence of the banners, banners they may have had nothing to do with. To say it would have happened anyway is a cop out. I commend alot of what the green brigade do but in this instance they maybe should have pondered a little bit more on the consequences of their actions for our fans travelling over there. It's reckless imo, I can see you don't agree but there you have it.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You said it yourself though. You actually agreed with me. The people enraged about the banners are their hardcore element who would be out for trouble no matter what.

If one Tim gets a black eye you better believe the Scottish media will blame the GB. The narrative is already set, ready to go.

This won't be reported as violent racists attacking fans, it will be we brought it on ourselves.

Hey, we're used to that though, that's what we've been told all our lives.

* Lazio.

11. jordan_

Can you give me the reason as to way Ajax fans had a go at us in Amsterdam?
    Or why Legia rushed a boozer we were drinking in the day of the game in Warsaw?

I'll tell you why, its what they do. Regardless of these banners Lazio will be active and out in numbers the night before the game looking for trouble.

I'm sorry but your point is miles off, the banners will make * all difference.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's impossible to know whether it will make it more dangerous or not, although it's certainly plausible. Only two things are certain:

1) they were going to have a go anyway, because they always do. It was never going to be completely safe.
    2) the day we tell our supporters not to call a bunch of fascists what they are and tell them where they can go, because we're scared of violent reprisals is the day we should just give up any kind of politics altogether.

If you're too scared to go, don't go. I don't mean any insult there, I for one certainly wouldn't go, even before the displays. If you do go, don't get too drunk and don't get separated.

13. Maestro 08

I agreed that they would be looking for trouble anyway but the scale of it and the ferocity of it I think will be multiplied by provoking them. If you're thinking clearly you must see that.

14. Maestro 08

Ur wrong.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What about the huns? Should we stop goading them when we play incase they get angry after the match?

It's a * football game, rivalry has gone on since the game was invented!

Are we forgetting the whole stadium singing "* Lazio" or is it only banners that provoke?

Stop swallowing the media guff about the GB

16. jordan_

What was it the 'notorious' spurs did to wind lazio up so much to get there fans attacked and one stabbed? * all bar being considered a jewish club which they hate.

Guess what, they hate everything we stand for so expect the same.

17. Maestro 08

Don't patronise me eh. It's got * all to do with media pish. Don't even read 90% of the *. I thought it on the night as I'm sure many others did.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Right forget the media then. The whole support goaded them all * night.

So are songs ok but banners aren't?

To keep this civil I will say I did not mean to be patronising, apologies if it came across like that.

Answer my question though. Should we stop goading the huns for fear of reprisals?

19. Maestro 08

If u can't see the difference then we're gonna struggle here.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I edited my post. Have a look please.