1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I’m in two minds on whether to knock back tickets for Bigotdome or take them..

Having some support for the team would be good.
    Knocking back the tickets would be embarrassing for them.
    Safety should be paramount.
    Should the fans decide?

It’s a tough one.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd say there has to be a guarantee of safety. Anyone going will be running the gauntlet between huns between either side of them.

Also their should be a minimum of 10 rows between the fans, the overhang of their top tier would leave our support as sitting ducks for drinks, objects, spit and worse coming down.

Here's an example of Aberdeen allocation last year:

[​IMG]

Personally I wouldn't be going irrespective of these requirements but I respect that some in our support will want to go regardless. In general I'm not a fan of our club being too authoritarian (I thought they overstepped the mark taking no allocation for Linfield for example) but this is a different ball game. If they can't guarantee safety then we should either refuse our allocation or take it up, sell no tickets and put a big '7 in a row Champions' banner on it.

Sky Sports will eventually haul King in and tell him that they want a big away allocation for the games. It was part of the atmosphere and attraction of the game for the neutral. That's undeniable.

Free the Adblock and JC Anton like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good points @Seán Mac D

It is a different situation from Lingfield where the club got that one wrong..

The picture above says it all, doesn’t it. I like the idea of taking the allocation and leaving the area empty, with a suitable banner.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  4. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Our supporters club used get 5/6 tickets before but no chance of getting even one now. Will be shareholders and corporate that get the majority and a few lucky who go away all the time get what's left i reckon. Would love one myself if it came with a safety helmet.

5. Ryan19

Knocking back tickets would only be embarrassing for one team and its us. Not taking tickets for Linfield was a big enough riddy but this would be an even bigger slap in the face for fans who follow them up and down the county and all over europe and we'd be aswell chucking it.

6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Have it on pretty good authority we're taking the allocation.

Again, this all stemmed from a Q at the AGM. Staged or not, it's given PL the headlines he wanted. The club want things back to the way they were previous, this is just a bit of a media storm around safety, fan safety, safety certificates etc. that will be brought up when the huns review their position ahead of next season, IMO

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't think the two situations are comparable.. it's the Huns that have created the situation. Sick of us lording it over them, bowing down to their wee pathetic fan group and biggest of all the desperate need for extra ST cash.

Do we put our own fans safety in jeopardy to prove a point? And make them look bad.

Or do we let our own fans decide for themselves. I'm honestly in two minds.

8. Ryan19

They'd * love it if we rejected tickets because we'd be the * laughing stock of the country, only team in the league to not take tickets because we're scared of the same allocation every other team gets? Geez peace man.

If people are that worried about their safety then dont go nobody is forcing you, but dont stop people who have been to Ajax, Legia, Beer Sheeva, Zenit etc (which were all 100x more 'dangerous' than a trip to the govan) because they want to get some weird one over the huns.

trackebhoy likes this.
  9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    So are you more bothered about folk that go to a lot of away games not getting to the game or what other people think of us. Hard to tell from your posts.

Free the Adblock and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. Ryan19

The first point is in reference to how not taking tickets doesn't show the Huns up in anyway whatsoever which seems to be a reason alot of people want us to reject them.

My second point is why its an ultimate slap in the face if we dont take them.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What a lot of *.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's an immature way of looking at it tbh.. this game is different from any other . I don't give a * what the others say, it's them who have created the situation.

13. Ryan19

:50:

14. joemc

Not taking forces sky to intervene, they would stress its part of the contract to have atmosphere from both sets ,its been done to draw attention more than anything imo .
    Would bother them (huns) if they get a win not seeing our pain ,It's part of the enjoyment for me to see them leave early when we do.

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I really think the tickets should be given to the GB and an organised march into & out of the stadium.

800 Unrepentant Fenians flying flags, banging drums & singing songs is what will make the best headlines

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    How can you possibly put in a contract that fans must make an atmosphere?

Jeremie Frimpong and Bobo_ like this.
  17. Cmcgregor90

I'm not for knocking them back but why not hold a big * beamback at CP charge a 5 quid entry or whatever

buchanbhoy likes this.
  18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

*tweets SLO* :50:

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The Linfield situation was totally different due to the their lovely inclusive parade at that time of year, and we will take the tickets so you can calm down.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Beambacks were for a time when games weren’t on tv, and the club already puts on ticketed events in lounges at the ground for away games against them.

StPauli1916 likes this.