1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wonder_Bhoy

That was FIFA mate.

mickey95, simpy and StPauli1916 like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Never seen it before.

Amazed that was ever sanctioned.:56:

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    It's been posted in here a few times over the last week mate.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Sorry your right

5. BrandywellBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Of all time? Henrik Edward Larsson/James Connolly Johnstone
    Same as that. I'm on record here regarding my Republican background and I was very uncomfortable with the IRA volunteer banner. Disrespectful at best to the men and women who fought and died for their freedom to have it displayed just to have a go at the loyalist mob over in the other corner.

We're better than that.

jj81 and delboy2780 like this.
  6. dmac

The GB lowered themselves to the same level as Linfield in trying to wind them up with the banners. They knew the flares could bring consequences but they went ahead with them anyway, if people dont like it they can * off we don't care its all about us kind of attitude?. I like what they do at games regarding atmosphere and they might be missed at the Rosenberg game depending on the fans at the game and the boys up in the Jock Stein upper who were also getting pulled up for blocking the stairwell on Wednesday will just have to wait till Wednesday night to see. And Celtic tell Uefa the stairwells were blocked by the police and to send the fine on to them.Just my thoughts on the matter some may disagree as is their right.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    delboy2780 likes this.
  7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I see the DR have settled down with the coverage of this subject. Amazing interest taken in a fans statement, back page spread and everything.

8. Mr Diggler

Absolutely. Even take one of their own Hugh Doherty ie from Glasgow. Member of the Balcombe Street gang, operated in England during the height of the troubles. MI5 called the cell one of the most sophisticated to ever hit England. They weren't caught for over a year. Did using an IRA volunteer banner to get one over a bunch of skinhead, baldy loyalist orangemen honour him. I would say no.

BrandywellBhoy likes this.
  9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Folk are thinking far too much into this banner. You would think it depicted a bomb exploding with men, woman and children lying covered in blood.

Grossly exaggerated.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

One thing I will say, the whole issue is something that BR could have done without. Probably doesn't make his life any easier in the West of Scotland..

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The songs being sung were more offensive to anyone desperate to be offended, yet I bet you half the folk singing them at the game are now sitting criticising the green brigade.

Everyone around me seemed to enjoy the banners though. Gave the place a lift.

12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye it is indeed a curious one that they saw fit to put that on an official club publication yet condone a similar play on it out of hand when UEFA come calling.

Just like anyone laughably claiming Wednesday nights banner had no connection to Paramilitaries it would be even more absurd for the club to do the same too with that one

My only issue with the other banner is whether or not the guy in the beret and shades is supposed to be the Thumb :56:

mickey95 and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Regrettably I have to agree with you on this, in the hotbeds of Kilwinning, Girvan and Bridgeton they don't need much as Lenny would testify to foam at the mouth and start behaving in a despicable way and even putting the individual in question in danger, considering what a terrific man he has been since the second he walked in the door he simply doesn't deserve even a whiff of going down that road

mickey95 and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's the Celtic View cover mate

15. Mr Diggler

It's not what was on the banner per se it was the banners purpose. To try and get one over a bunch of loyalists and using the IRA volunteers as that vehicle. As a Republican I found that distasteful. And I know of many who agree. Others may have thought the banners good. Fair enough. But its landed us in hot water again. And for what purpose?

BrandywellBhoy likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I know mate, had just never seen that issue before, assumed someone had photoshopped it!

17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Linfield fans had racist banners about Sinclair on their bonfires,chanted sectarian hatred,threw objects onto the pitch (including glass bottles) and invaded the pitch.

Shame on any Celtic fan who puts us on the same level as Linfield...all for a couple of tounge in cheek banners that the huns,their bretheren,and the Unionist media couldn't take.

mickey95 likes this.
  18. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree with your previous comments, it is a head scratcher indeed how that was allowed but I'm glad it was, just annoyed at their hypocrisy over a similar one

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Mr. Slippyfist

You can just tell these types of events bring out some of the biggest roasters from underneath their grizzly wee pathetic rocks :56::56::56::56:

Yes, displaying a banner that may be related to a "paramilitary" member is the same as trying to assault an innocent footballer going about his business at a sporting game, shouting racist obscenities about black footballers, and singing of ethnic cleansing, then rioting trying to get to said footballer when he tied a * scarf around a set of goal posts :56::56::56::56:

I really do wonder what you cretins do with the rest of your time - are you like some sort of offended Batman who sits alone at night in your one-bedroom flat, staring out the window for hours on end, just watching......waiting......until HOLY SMOKES!!!! Is that someone beaming up a front page of the Daily Record into the night sky from the rooftop of their H.Q?????

"Haw, Alana.....geez ma dish towel cape and the keys tae ma Fiesta........the peepul need saving!!!!!"

Luis1967, mickey95, clonbhoy and 8 others like this.
  20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye, like a said before it put him in an extremely awkward position because it gave the media an opportunity to question him on the matters, would everybody in here want to admit that they support the IRA in their work?

Ridiculous to suggest he would walk over it though, hilarious in a way that someone would actually come away with such nonsense.

I think it would have been a much better time to dig up SFA/SPFL/Celtic board over the title stripping that is needed and the Res 12 stuff, instead the press have been given other stories to focus on and bury the matter deeper.

JC Anton and packybhoy like this.