1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Maybe Brendan can be the key to sorting this out quickly and effectively, if he has the time and willingness obviously. The board dare not cross him and he has the full support and respect of the fans.
    Even a simple sit down with the head guys of the GB, Brendan and Lawwell & co. All cards on the table and reach an understanding.

Maybe thats a little far fetched but we don't want this to drag on any longer than necessary, especially with key games coming up. Both sides are stubborn as *, time they all grow up and see things from another perspective. The GB at least have taken responsibility for their actions, though trying to justify the use of pyro is not so great.

The fact the main talking point going into the next qualifier is about the board and GB is why Rodgers will be so * off.

2. TheRover

Yes, because that's exactly what I said.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    StPauli1916 and Saul Goodman like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Even Martin O'Neill never got involved in all this *, and we had a manager brought up in the troubles threatened with bombs and bullets, yet we have to swallow this pish off of them and the MSM, honestly I'm surprised some * can walk upright.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

The thing that irritated me as well and I've said similar before we've had a good result in Europe essentially against a mini rangers and played some great stuff especially at home 3 new signings made good debuts what's the talking point ... The Green Brigade

richardm and Artorias like this.
  6. mickey95

Find it strange how in his post match press conference he praised the fans yet apparently he's ready to quit due to the fans, should spend more time scrutinising one of the largest sporting scandals in British history instead of trying to interpret our managers facial expressions

StPauli1916 and Saul Goodman like this.
  7. jj81

Green brigade have made a great atmosphere of late then they go spoil it as usual , sorry but i wont stick up for them for beliefs we may have that should stay away for parkhead, they KNOW this is gonna get the club in bother so why do it?

i dont take nothing away from what they have done positively but then go * it by stupidity is crazy.

8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Well the thing is the talking point could have been the performance. Yet the Scottish Media chose otherwise.

mickey95 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So what was the talking point of the first leg then, that's right Griffiths being a * and that's about it, honestly the amount of spin over both legs is a riot tbh, but let's have some perspective, is a banner worse than racism?

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Bang on!

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye me aswell

12. mickey95

Thats probably what has annoyed Rodgers more than anything, not really the GBs fault TBF it's been made into a bigger story than it is by the media and club putting the boot in has made it even worse, what's even worse is that is isn't even the biggest off the field talking point considering our players had glass bottles thrown at them and racist slogans put on bonfires about them but radio silence from the SMSM and Celtic. Hope it gets resolved soon can't be * arguing with other Celtic fans about it

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. mickey95

What beliefs were portraited in the banner they put up?

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Totally agree it's blown out of all proportion but even on here it's clearly the talking point just a personal thing that irritates me tbh. As I've said previously the banner doesn't offend me nor do I care if it offends anyone else I just feel it was a daft thing to do and that the GB obviously must have known there would be some form of backlash

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

yer wrong :101:

Nah as I say mate the GB will have known there would be a backlash pretty much sure we all did as soon as we seen it raised I certainly turned to my dad and said well that's a fine. Same as with the Bobby Sands banner and also the poppy banner.

The fine for the Palestine banner was an absolute joke to have a club fined for flying a national flag whilst flying 3 national flags above the stadium ? If 1 flag is political surely by definition all flags must be considered political

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I agree it was daft mate, my main gripe is the board and their treatment of fellow fans, they should have dealt with the pyro at the Hearts game but didn't and have let it drag on until now. I know the green brigade have admitted to making a * of it on both occasions, but the board aren't totally blameless in all of this yet are trying to wash their hands.

StPauli1916 and Artorias like this.
  17. mickey95

TBF the first two you mentioned had a clear political message, this one never nor does it mention the IRA we all knew what it ment but any decent lawyer could tear an argument to shreads that says it's an illicit banner if Celtic had the balls to challenge it

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So was the Madiba banner political?

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, no argument from me UEFA are corrupt as * no politics unless its their politics

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No bother mate. :50:

James likes this.