1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic shirt prices

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by 88jimmij88, Jul 17, 2022.

Discuss Celtic shirt prices in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Loving the new home and away tops, but really think £65 is too much for a t-shirt.

It's important that the club makes money from replica shirts, but surely if they were cheaper, they would sell more and the difference in income wouldn't be too much.

Also really bugs me that for kids under 7 you can't just buy the top, you have to buy the full kit.

Have kept the options in the poll going down from the current price (men's top) in £10 steps - was going to do it in 5s, but there were too many.

2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    When I was heading to Thailand I went to buy last years third kit.. I thought it would be around 60 Euro.. it was 90 Euro.. Im not a tight * but I refuse to pay that for a football top I'd only really wear playing 7s..

Just bought the new away one here for a tenner.. absolutey no difference...

Personally I think jersey prices are a disgrace...

James Mc and Cena like this.
  3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Aye they're rank. Bought 4 strips for me, my wife, my niece and my son and it was nearly £270. Disgraceful like. Don't get me wrong, both the kids had their names and number on the back but it was £15 for that, so both kids strips were actually the same price as an adults.

thailandceltic likes this.
  4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Considering they're mainly replicas anyway and the 'elite' ones the players have are usually ~£90 then imo anything over £40 for essentially a polyester t-shirt is a total rip off.

James Mc and ladbroke8 like this.
  5. 67Lisbon

I find the quality of the adidas tops really poor. Does anyone else? Thats my reason for not buying them.

6. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    The first Adidas home kit was good, the ones since have been worse quality.

eire4 likes this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think they are overpriced but I'm not sure they would sell more at a lower price. Lots will save up to get their kids ones. It costs £15 for name and number too. The u 7s ones are absolutely * quality by the way.

8. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Daylight robbery, everybody needs to make money but £65 is taking the *.

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    [​IMG]

Has anyone got this jersey ?- I dont see many of these in the long sleeve variety - It could be mistaken for a goalkeepers jersey or there is training top thats similar (although it doesnt have the star above the badge) but this is a third kit - As you can see the Carling logo has worn off which makes it look much better in my opinion - As far as I can remember this is from around 2006-2007; has anyone got the long sleeve variety of this as seen in the pic?

10. JamesM09

£25. It’s clothing ffs.

11. aliceinsound

I bought the 2020/21 for £30 last summer, and funnily enough can get the 2021/22 one for about £30 this summer, and the 2020/21 is still also still about £30...

To me that tells you what they should really cost, I'll get it for £30 next summer

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    All clothes go through sales to be fair

13. aliceinsound

Yeah but normally the sale price isn't as predictable as 50% off after a year and being available at that price for the next year

I'm also pretty certain they aren't trying to clear stock or anything, as it's still profitable keep selling the old kits at that price. So you could argue the sale price is more representative of their value

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    So far the first home top is the only one I have really liked. Overall I have been very unimpressed with the quality fit and feel of the tops they have made for us so far.

15. jj81

25 cos I'm extra small , still looks baggy on me but now I can go commando unnoticed.

16. saltire78

Personally think about £40 is the sweet spot for an * top and about £55-60 for the kit, with about £25 for kids, or about £40 for the full kit. Tops have just became a go-to for fleecing the fans, which is why we're getting HUGE deals from the suppliers to take it over. It gives them the global brand to milk to justify their outlay.

But I'm older, and the numbers knocking about are probably just market value in current times

88jimmij88 likes this.
  17. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Tbh it is scandalous. I understand inflation has went up 9% but we are supposed to be a club who is aware of its roots steeped in helping those less affluent.
    £70 is disgusting and only shows football for what it is now: a middle class activity. It’s no longer a working class sport where children play in the street on down the park. It’s all fabricated and manufactured.
    Gettin to a game is a luxury for many now with the cost of fuel, programmes, merchandise and food.
    It should be no more than £50 for an * top and Celtic should be doing more to achieve that figure.
    I’ve bought stuff on the sale from last season and even then £35/£40 is still a big expense for me. But it’s what I can, just about, afford.
    Imo it’s just pushing poorer fans away from the club and having less of a connection with fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk