1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic plc annual results for year ended June 30, 2021

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 21, 2021.

Discuss Celtic plc annual results for year ended June 30, 2021 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's not surprising, the support went all in and sold out the 3 strips last summer.

People only started boycotting from about Nov onwards. This year's merch will be significantly down, in part to the £50 vouchers given to STH but moreso because.of the board's disdain for the support.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I would hope to see that drop off, to prove our own point that the fans are * off.
    But judging by how quickly ticket sales have sold out so far, I aint counting on it at all.
    Fans are extremely fickle and easily swayed by the PR nonsense the club puts out.

The PLC only understand one language, money, and we seem to (collectively) keep giving them it.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Personal anecdote but there's loads of people I know that bought 2+ strips last season and plenty of the training gear, whose only spends this season where with the season book voucher. I'm in the same boat too.

Ticket sales are a different thing altogether. Some people just want to watch Celtic, particularly after a stinking 15 months of being trapped in the house with no games to attend. The board have been put on notice, if this season goes Pete Tong then there will be a groundswell of people wanting widespread change. At that point we might be looking at more drastic action.

Peej and JC Anton like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Until there's an organised boycott or action from fan groups, we should probably support the club as much as we can, a few of us not buying addidas merchandise won't make a difference..

We need to get organised.

Peej likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I hope so man, and I don't say that lightly. We all clearly want to support the club and help fund it to the rightful ambition and size the club should be at, but I do fear that we keep kicking the can of "if this season * up" down the line, I just don't think enough fans are on the same page (or with the same passion at least) to mobilise when we need them to. Which should have been all summer.

Totally get the ticket thing though, specially on the back of the past year and a half now.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Decent Twitter thread breaking down our accounts and giving analysis.

7. Foley1888

Read that this morning and thought it was a good read. Some small things in terms of the numbers but there is no way last year anyone should have been taking dividends out the club after the pandemic and a loss. It was only £500k but I see that as poor.

The wage bill coming down and will have likely come down further again from a player perspective after the summer window is pretty good. On the transfer business in the summer similarly bringing in a surplus of around £14m and that’s before any add ons for Christie, Edouard and Ajer means there should be funds there to invest in January.

The clear out needs completed on the likes of Barkas, Boli, Ajeti etc.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  8. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    yep, because the supporters won't vote with their feet. the fans get the board they deserve...

JamesM09 and dmccourt95 like this.