1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic looking to grow global brand with a franchise in America and possibly Asia..

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Oct 25, 2015.

Discuss Celtic looking to grow global brand with a franchise in America and possibly Asia.. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Obviously not seeing the big picture. And your certainly not an opportunist when it comes to markets and product. We are perfectly built for the U.S. Market. The football there will grow 10 fold in the next decade. Our Irish heritage would also be a major selling point. And the kind of players the club could attract to that league, would be of a better standard than we currently get to Scotland. This will open the door to much bigger opportunities and is a more clever marketing idea than have our own team travel back and forth continuously. Which hasn't seen our brand soar with our attempts to break it open. I think Celtic with the right financial brains and football people behind it would be much more viable than Man City and Liverpools set ups. But I must say this has Desmond stamped all over it!:50:

2. The Celtbot

At the moment there is no promotion or relegation. It would make things more interesting, but they treat these leagues more like they do in baseball. You have your top league and then lower "minor leagues".

3. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Cool, still think it's a brilliant idea and we should do it. :50:

4. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Especially City, I mean at least Liverpool have pedigree and history. City just popped up out of nowhere with oil money. We've got a lot to be proud about.

Also, connected to this, I was recently watching a show about our trophies and apparently we won one in the U.S. decades and decades ago for being the first UK and, I think, maybe even European club to tour the U.S. :50:

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Btw, who the * is Nakamua? And if you meant our Japanese legend. What the * would he have to do with us and the USA, other than maybe having a relative who was involved with Pearl Harbour in some way!

6. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    From what I understand, apparently we were the first European club ever to tour the U.S. We won a trophy with a cowboy on a horse, it's in the cabinet at Parkhead. That was in the 40s or something, maybe earlier. :50:

EDIT oops, thought I'd screwed my first post up after dropping the iPad so posted this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  7. Goggzy60

I think he meant Nakamura for the Asian side as we have our Irish heritage for the States but why would the Asian's care about a Celtic franchise club

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Got it now mate. Just saw the end of thread title.:52: anyway it's a fact Naka has nothing to do with America and does not forgive his misspelling of a club Legend!:56:

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    IF its done correctly and IF its a serious option and with DD involved it would be done properly. The benefits would be huge given the sheer numbers in America who claim Scottish heritage as well as Irish also.

10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sorry Tim forgot the haggis munchers!:50:

11. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

:icon_mrgreen:

12. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Why would they care about Liverpool or, for that matter, City?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Because they're premiership clubs.

I think some people are overemphasising the Irish connection, in terms of how much affect it will have on the yanks. Yes, a lot of them do still hold a twinkle in their eyes for the Emerald Isle, but put it up against the Premiershio in the home of rampant capitalism? Not a chance imo.

14. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Sounds similar to rangers floating pitch thing to me given the current state of the club on the pitch.

15. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think this is something that all could be done "on the side" though. Football matters don't really apply to it, this wouldn't directly influence that in any way apart from, if it happened, the club having more cash to spend and the possibility of being able to bring the better players over here eventually.

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    But transfer the product to the states and we have the pulling power there which dwarves any EPL product. After all that's what the clubs here are offering. The Irish connection and the Scottish as pointed out should not be overlooked and certainly not overemphasised. Just look at Club America and their pull with Mexicans. The brand will transfer well and this is something Desmond would have thoroughly done his homework on!

17. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Plus Americans love an 'underdog', which it seems we are compared with the great Man City. And I don't mean that in terms of current footballing resources.

I don't get the downsides to doing this. Anyone care to enlighten me?

18. Nasser

If some fans say local hipsters got involved and made the club political say in St Pauli type way it could do well get supports involved, but otherwise I don't see it being beneficial in anyway, it will be as meaningless as the Crystal Palace team over there is/was. No one really gives a * about that league, Cosmos do ok ish but it's the MLS 2nd clubs that are keeping that league alive now which is kind of sad really.

19. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Also it's important to remember why someone chooses a club to support, especially a franchise club attached to a bigger one, rather than being brought up to. One big reason isn't just things like current likely hood of winning things but also, imo, history. :50:

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It is the fastest growing sports market in the world. The yanks are behind but won't be for long. Look at U.S. National team fans and how fast that has grown. There is a lot of money to be milked out of soccer in the states. Hence new franchises popping up everywhere. Advertising especially. As for atmosphere just look at Portland Timbers. A very good example of fan groups in MLS. The passion they create is brilliant. I think a stateside Celtic club could import and translate that match day experience better than most. Especially with our own fans out there being so clued up on fan matters here I.e. Green Brigade!