1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic F.C v Paris Saint-Germain; Tuesday 12 Sept, 7.45pm. BT Sport 3

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jack Torrance, Sep 8, 2017.

Discuss Celtic F.C v Paris Saint-Germain; Tuesday 12 Sept, 7.45pm. BT Sport 3 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Get yerself to *. You've nae pals.

carraigbhoy and James Mitchell like this.
  2. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    At least we didn't get played off the park and hammered on the scoreboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. reabhloid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Just spoke with the lad he's getting some abuse at the moment. Put your differences of opinion to one side and back this young fella.

4. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Disgusted by some of the comments on the BBC website. A lot of * EPL fanboys saying that Celtic should be banned from the Champions' League entirely.

5. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    We made it too easy for them and gave class players the time and space to do what they wanted so it's no surprise we got pumped. We could have made it much more difficult for them but to do that we'd need to change our style of play and Rodgers just isn't going to do that. I'm not even saying he should because us playing the way we do has brought us an invincible treble and CL qualification two years on the trot, but results like that are tough to take.

It's a nice thought to think we can press and play football against the likes of PSG but nights like last night are inevitably going to happen because no matter what players we bring in, we can't bring in anywhere near the level of player they have to be able to play the style of football we want to play and get results against the likes of PSG consistently. Of course, playing the way we do against these sides doesn't always end the way it did last night as proven against Man City last season but more often than not I'd imagine it would.

I was thinking before the game last night that we'd need to play like we did against Man City to have a chance, but PSG are one or two levels above Man City and they just played around us and toyed with us which was so disheartening to watch.

And, that seems to be the challenge of the BR reign in how he can manage to get results in the CL group stages because the likes of WGS and MON managed it. I don't want to be too judgemental yet and see how the rest of the CL campaign goes and see where we're at after that because it is extremely difficult for us to get results in these group stages.

It is just one game after all, there is another five to go and I'm hopeful we can put in better showings than last night. Third is still the realistic aim in this group but even that will be tough, but I'd be more than happy with third and trying to get a run going in the Europa League.

kramer1 and Fully87 like this.
  6. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Nothing really you can add about last night simply outclassed, fan who went on the pitch should be ashamed and banished to ipox as punishment

7. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    Wouldn't have minded the fan going on the pitch as much if it was Neymar he was after.

Artorias likes this.
  8. pete0301

Anyone criticising Celtic as a whole because of that one idiot is stupid or doesn't know the full story. The guy was getting some amount of abuse from the stands as he was taken off by the stewards.

9. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I will always defend the political banners and protests, don't care how many fines it gets us.

But I detest those cretins who run onto the park.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Surely we will get a stadium closure now?

11. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Anyone that says they "enjoy" these games is not a Celtic fan. I've never understood this obsession some have with so-called "glamour ties". I don't want to see teams several levels above us coming to Parkhead and running up a cricket score, I want the easiest and shitest group possible.

There was no "masterclass" from my perspective, just a complete hammering which I hated every minute of watching.

12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I hope you're on here in 10 days bawbag! Oh and by the way I've a message for your 'mate'...tell him to stop pestering his sister for his Nat King..... ignore button 3...2....1....:bye1:

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Must say I knew Verrati and Motta were class but I didn't expect Rabiot to be as good as he was last night. He was superb

markeyboy likes this.
  14. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Only positives to take is it was 3 open play goals against us.

Once that 3rd went in i would have taken 5-0 to be honest, i thought it could have been a 7 or 8-0 humping.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Everytime I've seen Rabiot he's been * unreal. Guy doesn't get a big write up but he's an amazing footballer.

Xatraps likes this.
  16. Mr Diggler

I get what you are saying. But some star studded teams have come to Parkhead and struggled in the past. The team played last night like they didnt belong in the champions league, as if they felt they didnt belong. The passive way we went about the 1st half was shocking. PSG are some side but stand off them and let them play- well they will destroy you.

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye class act. I'm not sure why I assumed he wasn't at the level of the other two, but I was wrong regardless

richardm and Liam Scales like this.
  18. D'Ecosse

Let's be honest - the disparity was there for all to see when the draw was made
    But as Celtic supporters, we hoped & dreamed ........

The Tony Ralston selection was a real surprise - all things considered he really did "ok" on the night against such exalted opposition and even did quite well going forward.
    However i was surprised at his selection .........
    I could understand Lustig over Bitton in CD - although in truth this was a toss-up
    I think the incredibly versatile McGregor might have been worth shout at RB

I don't know about the rank n file but for me, this was NOT embarrassing as our own Chris Sutton seems to imply - Honestly, result not really a shocker, is it? And a pen & OG added some gloss
    It's a shame as to final score ........... but we can't really be shocked about losing 3 pt to PSG even in home tie

Let's go Celts! Fancy our chances better against the Belgians & Germans

kramer1 likes this.
  19. DonnyCelt

Outplayed and outclassed last night. The way they passed the ball with ease was better than any team I have seen including Barca. Scoreline is a sore one to take but what can you do.

One thing I will say is Neymar is an absolute * rat. We all know he's a * on the pitch at the best of times but to not shake a players hand at the whistle is disgusting plain and simple. Ralston rattled him and he spat his dummy out once again.

The referee, just like the last time we had him, never gave us anything. Blatant decisions with corners, throw ins and free kicks that a blind man could see given against us

On the guy who ran onto the pitch. Stadium ban may well be given this time so well done you idiot

20. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Why has this guy not been banned yet?