1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubliner1

There was a vote by the clubs before the season started to avoid situations like last season. For the season not to be completed it was mentioned 75% of games had to be played.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So genuinely covid could cancel this season and null and void it hahahaha * me that would be about as funny as when they got liquidated :56: :56:

littlekennie and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

5. dmccourt95

Null and void is the only answer here now. Cancel it and start again in August

If this actually happened the funniest thing would be rangers and hearts new dossier on how titles should be awarded this time

The Phoenix and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Love a bit of null n void discussion. :84:

The Phoenix and JC Anton like this.
  8. DonnyCelt

This will never happen :56:

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Spoil sport :56:

DonnyCelt and NomDePlum like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Kidding aside, football should stop now. If non essential work and education has to stop for more than likely the next six weeks, why should football continue? What is essential about maybe 70 people meeting at grounds up and down the uk with maybe 30 of them having continued, prolonged physical contact. I’d miss football but really why is it different? Yes it’s good for the the national psyche but so are countless other things we can no longer do.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Doncaster has refused to rule out declaring the season ‘null and void’ if coronavirus restrictions grind the Scottish game back to a halt.

The SPFL chief executive dropped the bombshell admission during an exclusive Q&A with Record Sport as he fronted up the mayhem that’s been caused by Celtic’s controversial winter trip to Dubai.

The campaign ended in chaos with Celtic crowned top flight champions and Hearts being relegated despite the campaign being curtailed by the coronavirus crisis.

Now, with Rangers sitting 21 points clear at the top of the table and on the verge of claiming a first title in 10 years, Doncaster has refused to rule out the null and void option.

He said: “No one has a crystal ball but certainly if we carry on as we are then we’ve got a very good chance of completing the Premiership and Championship seasons.

the games can’t be completed and we end up where we were in March 2020 then clearly it’s going to be a very difficult situation.

You’ve got to bear in mind over 75 per cent of games had been played in all four divisions of the SPFL when the season was curtailed.

We certainly hope we will complete 100 per cent of the fixtures in all four divisions this season. It will be for the members to determine what happens in the event they are not.

“In the event the games couldn’t be played, then once again the members might have a decision to make.

“I’ve never ruled out anything. It’s up to the members to rule things in or out.

We are a members organisation and the members want to retain the power to decide whether the season should be curtailed or not rather than give it to the board.

“The consequences of a void season are much more dramatic, partly because of the commercial contracts which underpin the game but at the moment there is no reason to believe the Premiership and Championship won’t be completed.”

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Do the right thing and N&V the season now...:lager:

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There won't be a null and void lol, wouldn't want it anyway.

14. murphy88

I wouldn't either. If the league was ended now, then the Huns should rightly be awarded the league, just like we were rightly awarded it last season.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  15. StevieBhoooy!

* them!!! I’d take it! it would be hilarious !
    Just as they think they’ve got it bagged...

They might be miles in front but there’s still half the season to go .. not 1/4

If we’d got those postponed games in earlier (instead of poncing around Dubai ) and got the points it wouldn’t look quite so bad (although the league would still be as good as gone...

They don’t deserve to exist and they are a rancid bunch of bigoted sewer-dwelling vermin that don’t deserve to EVER celebrate success for their scummy * of a Frankenstein Klub..

And I don’t want Mr Ger’rard to ever have a trophy with them.

I hope they all go down with some Govan-Amazonian-Kenyan super variant that makes yer * fall off.

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I think in the interest of fairness, last season and this season should be classed as anomalies...

8 titles down and the 10 is still on in my book :notworthy

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sporting integrity.

Now just need to hear those 3 little words everyone needs to hear.

18. murphy88

It would be funny, but I would know next season that we wouldn't really be going for the 10. The league is gone mate, and even if we win our three games in hand, it's still gone. What I would say though, if ever there was a year deserving of an asterisk beside the winner, it's this year. Players out due to the virus, some out purely because they have been classed as close contacts, no fans at games. This truly has been a season different to all others. There is no doubt about it that we have been on the receiving end more than most, and certainly more than that lot, even without taking the Dubai debacle into account, as that was all our own doing.

aliceinsound likes this.
  19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    They wouldn't rightly be handed anything.

Null and void is the only sensible option.

Last season was completely different. 75% of the league was completed with no virus affecting stadium attendance or causing squad disruption. This season has been artificial and should be voided now before the farce gets even worse.

Gully Sands likes this.
  20. murphy88

Nah, that's the same nonsense that they were coming away with last season. As I said, this has been a season like no other, and if ever there should be an asterisk beside the winner, it's this year, but null and void wouldn't be right now. We are absolutely miles behind with absolutely no chance of catching them, and it's down to the fact we have a manager that isn't up to it, and a board that have their heads so far up their own * it's unbelievable. We have gifted them the league, and if it were to be voided now, for as much as it would be hilarious, we wouldn't be going for 10 next season.