1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Listen I'm just going on what I think will develop based on the so called experts.

It spoke to a guy that says he is * near 100% sure stadiums with fans shouldn't be there for at least 18 months with the hope of a vaccine, as it will be disaster.

Not every fan is going to adhere to it, coming to grounds half pished, wanting to act the goat with not wearing masks, there's already people using a medical or such not to wear it, are Celtic going to police it that you can't get in without a mask, which isn't even that safe anyway in the first place, fans will no doubt challenge that.

Aye, I totally understand our potential losses, but that's the same.for all Scottish Football and whoever else is in our position.

Tbh, Celtic are secondary when it comes to losing loved ones for the sake of a pound sign in my eyes. My love for Celtic has a boundary.

NomDePlum likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Stadium without fans for 18 months :56:

3. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm hearing from NHS staff that the next lockdown is happening in November. November - April. The Vaccine will be available Feb.

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Pish. On both counts.

If either turn out to be correct it will be by pure chance.

Dylan1996 and M 67 like this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye there’s absolutely no way to predict that. If they knew there was going to be a need for a second Lockdown, why wouldn’t they just implement it earlier.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If fans don’t want to wear masks then they don’t get in. It’s simple.

Some normality has to be slowly implemented. 18 months without fans isn’t it.

The two extremes can argue between themselves while we will continue to move forward with caution and common sense.

King of Kings likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A guy I know works in procurement for NHS Scotland and they have been asked to prepare for a possible 2nd wave in September/October.

That's not the same as saying there will be a 2nd lockdown though; it's just good planning and being pro-active rather than reactive.

There will 5000 fans at our game with PSG tomorrow, so anyone who think it's another year and a half away til we're back is an ultra-pessimist.

I think there will be partial crowds by October with a phased return to full houses - all going well.

MacEwan likes this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the NHS were preparing for a lockdown, so they don't go in illprepared but they will never know for sure.

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye spot on, being prepared is a must in case. Need to keep moving forward until there are real signs of another wave, then you act.

But saying there will be one, while we are doing nothing about it, is madness.

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Nobody in the NHS is in a position to say definitively that there will be a second lockdown at any stage.

The one constant throughout Covid has been change. A couple of months ago most people were of the impression we wouldn’t see fans in the stadium this year, possibly with a delayed season kick off. Now we might see fans back in some capacity in the first few rounds of fixtures.

It’s a constantly evolving outlook and probably best not to worry about it too much. I would say Scotland have been pretty cautious in terms of reopening but overall have struck the correct pace.

Just looking forward to Celtic being back tbh.

M 67, NomDePlum and charlietully like this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Offtt probably finish for two weeks on the Friday then a Scottish Cup final (hopefully) could be some Xmas holiday.

14. green-yin

The fixture schedule is mounting up. I wouldnt be against using fringe players/youth in the league cup this year. 10 is all that matters this season

MickeyyMack likes this.
  15. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Prisoners Christmas

Luis1967 likes this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree-and that team that started against Lyon should be enough to get us to Semi Finals.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Only thing is we will go in the derby at the * pit, having played 2 games less. So we would want to be at least on same points as them by then. Don’t want them having the chance to go 9 clear or something like that, them * don’t need any extra incentive when it comes to playing us.

18. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Can someone explain to me why, when we are starting the season on August 1st/2nd that we are being told we will be cramming games in left right and centre and also not having a winter break? Is that not when the season normally starts?

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think because we have the Scottish Cup to finish, so that could be two games down, also Europe is starting later too which will impact things maybe. Just thinking out loud here.

Captain Brown likes this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    International matches with Scotland, Norway and Israel all being in playoffs that's 8 players just in the group c play offs. World Cup qualifying will be piling in plus league Cup starting 3 months late.

Captain Brown and Marty McFly like this.