1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic chat opinions?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Sep 25, 2013.

Discuss Celtic chat opinions? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

Nice, I have my own CSC

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Seems there is now a clique of people who think there is a clique.

All agreeing with each other and ganging up on folk, terrible business. :smiley-laughing002:

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well im surprised this thread is still open :smiley-laughing002:

I think it's ok to have the moaners and the eternal optimists. It leaves people like me who are somewhere in between and jump from one to the other an alternative opinion on my own feelings re; Celtic.
    For instance i think we were * the other night. Should be doing better. Then someone says "ah fuckit. We're playing Barca". While at the time it boils my * now i can sort of see their point.

I think overall this place is good for all sorts of debate whether it be about Celtic or Ireland, Britain, Smack or Aldi.
    There are some characters and while i wouldn't say there's a definite mindset to form cliques, in a place where people have been posting for so long its bound to happen - even sub-consciously.
    As you know i have a few people on here who i refer to a 'the Rebs' who follow each other around threads giving Anglo-Saxon this and Anglo-Saxon that and for their often irrational insistence that common sense and decency don't matter as much as well.... being a rebel!
    I could name names but i might get banned. I would have * all to do all day otherwise :smiley-laughing002:

But it's no big deal. I think theres great humour and 'banter' goes around the Forum as well as serious topics and theres always someone with an opinion different to yours. It's personal taste.

If we were all the same and we agreed on everything we would be...... Pad & Dev :smiley-laughing002:

4. murphy88

If you can back up your point and argue it well, then someone trying to jump down your throat will more than likely just look stupid. But some of the posts you see on here, merit dogs abuse at times in my opinion.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I actually think the person I agree with the most on here is Sean67, some of Pad's opinions are infuriating :56:

6. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    :smiley-laughing002:

Yeah i have seen you two argue over 14 pages and about 2 days. :smiley-laughing002:

Just a light hearted jibe. :50:

I also love the passion that comes across from people, even on the internet in Celtic chat. Whether i agree or not. It's good to see a defeat hurts people as much as me. It's good to see a win makes people jump around the room screaming like me and when people posting they were nearly in tears when we beat Barca.... i was too!

I think people need to remember to let people have an opinion that is theirs no matter how * or stupid you think it is. It is just an opinion after all.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, these days we tend to leave it to about to pages and PM each other abuse if it happens :56:

8. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Also to add... some people who when it comes to the H&P thread i think "what an *" often when it's in Celtic Chat i think "well said Sir!".

It's good to have different opinions, thoughts and ideals bouncing around the place. trying to stifle any would make us Rangers Media.

Perish the thought!

9. Armagh-Bhoy

Indeed, but there is always one side that's right.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

You must be joking :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

Me and John Belushi argue like * when it's anything to do with Ki or McGeady - I'd say he licks their bums :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::icon_mrgreen::bbpd:

11. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No. That's why it is an opinion.
    There is no right and wrong in someone having an opinion - some people may think Samaras is a Greek * someone may think he is Bambi on Ice. It's subjective.

There is no right and wrong. That is where people are going wrong on here.

12. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

I wonder where i'll fit in.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

DutchZombieAjaxLover CSC?

:icon_mrgreen:

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie * :icon_mrgreen:

15. TimFloyd Gold Member

You can be in my * if you like? :smiley-laughing002:

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You are all just a bunch of dicks.

*insert over the top, honest that was a joke, smiley*

There are members on here who are extremely hard to work with, and they seem to follow each other around. Where they hold one view, and don't allow anyone else their view without hounding them out and making them feel the size of nothing.
    Funnily enough all you being paranoid in this thread aren't the worst for it.

There is a level of debate - followed by holding your own belief strongly - that is good and healthy, then there is taking it to far, where some posters resort to petty things like picking up on spelling/grammar/inability to form a coherent sentence. And instead of taking the point of the opposing poster, we see threads turn into mindless name calling and some sort of "better than you" complex getting banded about.

Debate is good, if everyone can debate and know the meaning of it, without resorting to name calling and refusing to interact with others on a civilised level without dismissing others for having a different opinion.

That said if you don't agree with me, then go * yourself.

*Another retarded picture/meme*

17. Armagh-Bhoy

:rolleyes:

18. Markybhoy

The posters I like best are the ones who can take a post they disagree with, dissect it and put forward a counter argument. You get some really good debates then.

The posters I'm not so keen on are the ones who will see a post they disagree with and just respond with 'Get to *' or some other debate killing riposte along those lines.

19. murphy88

Stop talking pish!

:fear:

20. Zoso83

100%

I'm convinced some of them all get together for a big *-* * party...

....Then hold hands and sing some rebels until their arseholes stop bleeding!

*Another retarded picture/meme*