1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic ban Sky

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 11, 2020.

Discuss Celtic ban Sky in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    CELTIC are refusing to co-operate with Sky Sports after the mistranslated interview with Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

SunSport understands the Hoops have not allowed the broadcaster to attend press conferences since the video clip aired on February 3.

In the pulled interview Gers' Morelos, speaking in Spanish, was subtitled as claiming he was the victim of racist abuse from Hoops fans in Rangers' 2-1 win over Celtic at Parkhead in December.

Sky Sports subtitles read: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words."

However, SunSport revealed Morelas actually said: "But the gesture I did at the end of the game didn't have any racist meaning."

This prompted the Hoops to ask Sky Sports to investigate "inconsistencies" in the translation of the interview.

Sky Sports axed the interview before apologising and posting a corrected version, stating: "After numerous steps undertaken by Sky to verify the interview thoroughly we can be clear that at no point did Morelos allege that any racial abuse was directed at him by Celtic supporters in the interview.

"We apologise to the supporters of Celtic football club for this serious error.

"We are reviewing our procedures for translated interviews to ensure this does not occur in future.”

But Celtic remain furious over the interview as they slammed the 'inadequate' apology from the broadcaster.

And the Hoops have reported the incident to broadcasting watchdogs Ofcom for further investigation.

I encourage anyone who still has their platform or box in their house get rid!

Hyperlinks removed, please ensure that you do not post any links to the Sun or the DR

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2020
  2. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

About * time !!

The rags next please!!!

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    * sky. * Murdoch.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Good, hope we pull out of the tv deal as well, * them and their pathetic coverage of Scottish football, BT is the only way forward.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would like us to apply for a full broadcast licence and promote Celtic Tv as our own channel only broadcasting in the UK and abroad and * the lot of them!

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I was calling for us to ban Boyd (his Griff rant was one too many and he's long overdue a punting after how he went on the 29th as well) and then sky..

This is music to my ears..

Hopefully it's for good and we can eventually go down our own route (wishful thinking I know)..

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    How realistic is that?

I haven't got a clue if we could do it but I'd love it. We'd no doubt earn more from it as well..

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dunno would need to break away from spfl deal! And if we refuse to deal with sky then could force some issues.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Offering our due game's to BT or trialling it for Celtic tv here whilst this is going on could maybe work..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

We would need to agree a deal with the league and clubs which I cant see happening tbh, then, even if we do manage that, there will be those looking for a stream like happens now so that would cost us as well.

Taz and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye the league would never let us walk away from our contract. Without us the money on offer would be an even bigger pisstake..

Fair point on the streams. Maybe more would be inclined to pay if it goes directly in to the club's coffers only..

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Nope they wouldn't, as you say - their own deal would plummet in value so the rest of the league/clubs would look to make up that shortfall in the deal they would want with us.

Aye some would but plenty would rip the *. I'm maybe just more cynical than you young man though :giggle1:

Taz and McChiellini.. like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd happily pay £20 a month for Celtic TV to watch our games and not have to listen to Boyd, Commons, Walker or McCann's pish.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is it only Sky that will be showing SPFL games as of next season ? Going to be brutal.

Sgt Neppers* and Spring Time like this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Hmm not too sure ....lot of the time home streams we look for because Celtic are not allowed to stream them in the uk best example is football tops .....Barcelona Man ure and Madrid meant to be the biggest selling tops in Scotland ..... which is a false stat these stats are taken from sports shops they don’t include club superstores .... if you add them Celtic is actually the biggest selling football top in Scotland reason it doesn’t show ahead in the sports shop is the football fan is smart and goes direct to the club so the club benefits the most out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    There is no fukin way can we get out of the Sky deal. The SFA signed it and all the clubs agreed to it.

What we can do is make life uncomfortable for the crew that comes to televise the game and the interviewers.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Well we can if they renegade payments league can rip it up they did so with mp Silva according to Richard’s keys main honcho is a * regards to Scottish football if we * him off he might pull the plug anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You can pay a fiver a month for la Liga TV, all games.

I'd happily pay a tenner just for Celtic games, all of them. Toss in the whole training sessions and match repeats etc along with reserve games and folk will pay it, and then some.

Theoretically we would only need to make £3mill from it, at a tenner a month that would require 25k subscribers. I reckon more than double that would sign up, and even then folk would probably pay £15 or even as much as £20 of celtictv truly up'd their game. 50k subs at £15 a month is £9million.

Unfortunately the league's tied in to a sky deal for the next five years. A sky only deal! It's going to be a * chore trying to watch the games next season.
    I'll barely want to tune in to watch us play, really just turning on in time for kick off, they've no chance they'll find me tuning in to a sky broadcast of any other Scottish game on that platform while they spout their pish.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    johnboy19 likes this.
  20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Good news. Ban the * lot of them.

Shower of *.

seanm, johnboy19, Lennon1888 and 3 others like this.