1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Dec 6, 2020.

Discuss Celtic 3-2 Lille, Europa League, Thur 10 Dec 2020 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The team Lennon puts out will dictate whether I watch this game. Start with the usual struggling Lennons favourites then I won't watch. Start with Turnbull, Soro , Ajeti etc then I will watch to see how they get on, it's the only thing that interests me in this game.

2. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Cant wait to see everyone's reactions when browns in the starting lineup again cause I wouldn't put it past lennon to just give soro and turnball 20 or 30 mins at the end.

3. davidhannah

Griffiths should be nowhere near the starting line up. He scored a good penalty for Scotland. But, in the next game against Slovakia, he couldn't make it as an impact sub. And against Israel he blew a golden chance which was has made up my mind on him starting for a Celtic. I think Ajeti merits playing. He got off to a good start with his Celtic career. He's a good player him and Eduard should both start. I'd like to see us go 4-4-2, old school. Then again I'm no football manager.

I would line up 442. Bain. Laxalt, Ajer, Julien, Frimpong. Elyanoussi, Turnbull, Rogic, Mikey Johnson. Eduard and Ajeti.

Rogic should captain the team for this one, Ideally, a lot of the play goes through him.

Lennon hasn't given Turnbull 90 minutes all season. Disgraceful.

Mcgeagor would be my future captain. Mcgeagor has been dreadful recently. He's been off form, 2/3 needless fouls contributed to the Milan goal last week. Lots of respect for Mcgeagor, plays every game for club and Country. We've won 2 in 12. Its time for a shake up. Scott Brown does not deserve one sentimental last European game. We need change we need new blood tested.

If we are to get behind the team for the next 5 games until the hun game Lennon has to show us change. If he lines up with the usual suspects tomorrow then they can expect another protest outside the ground, not from me personally but from the disturntled local fanatics! They have to win tomorrow at all costs.

As much as we hate the boards decision to keep Lennon we need to get right behind the team come kick off. He's got a time limit of 5 games. Every games a cup final for Lennon! If they can't turn the tide tomorrow then Sunday you'll see the biggest protest yet on Sunday outside the ground.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  4. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

I will certainly be watching the game, even if we win every game between now and the end of January, Lenon still has to go

Drakhan likes this.
  5. ddub11

They dont deserve our support or interest.Regardless of result or performance its to little to late.Its * up and nothing except packing their bags and leaving will please me.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  6. dmac

Big Question is will the defence be able to keep a clean sheet and will the players out in a concerted effort to get a resukr

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Just be good to see Turnbull, Soro, Klimala, Griff etc get some proper game time. The result is just about as immaterial as you can get.

Sunday many, many, many times more important.

8. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Gonne miss this due to work. Don't know whether to be annoyed or relieved.

9. Smithy

Not a hope in * we keep a clean sheet tomorrow.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Looking forward to watching this, genuinely. I'd like to see if we have any hope.

Dannybhoy81 and Gully Sands like this.
  11. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Don’t give a * just play some of the squad players a game and see how they do, can’t be any worse

12. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ruling out ecstatic then?

Gully Sands likes this.
  13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We have the worst defensive record of any team in the EL Groups conceding 17 goals although we have actually gained 1 pt so not the worst points record this EL GS so far with only Dundalk, Ludogorets and Gent on 0 pts.

14. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Couldn't give a * about this.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Theyll be raging we got a point against them. I expect revenge and a 7-1 loss. That goal will be heralded as some sort of success by the manager and onwards the loosing streak goes.

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon the Hoops! :ynwacelti

Dannybhoy81 and Gully Sands like this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Want to see Turnbull, Soro Griffiths and Klimala get a run out., from the start.

18. CroBhoy85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brooney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Love this part : It’s not as if Scott Brown and Callum McGregor are blowing everyone’s minds away at the heart of the midfield

Neil Lennon has confirmed that Ismaila Soro will indeed start for Celtic tonight against Lille in their Europa League dead-rubber.

Celtic are already out of Europe after failing to pick up a win in any of our first five group stage games. Lille, meanwhile, go into tonight’s game knowing that a win would see them confirmed as group winners.

However, despite the fact the Ligue 1 side is packed with quality, Lennon stated in yesterday’s pre-match press conference that he would give Soro minutes. The question on everyone’s lips after that was whether the midfielder would be on from the start or as a late substitute.

And excitingly, Lennon has stated that the former Bnei Yehuda man will make his mark from the start.

As quoted by the Glasgow Times, the Hoops boss said: “It’s been tough for him after what’s happened not long after he arrived. He was back in the Ivory Coast for a family matter and then had to quarantine, so it’s not been ideal for him.

“He’s been back training for a few weeks and has looked good. There’s obviously a lot of competition for him in ther,e with the likes of Brown and McGregor, Rogic and Christie, real stalwarts of the team, and now obviously Turnbull.

“We’d had to be patient with him but will give him a start (vs Lille). We won’t judge him on one game, obviously, but it’s an opportunity for him to get 90 minutes into his legs. He could play a bigger role in the remainder of the season.”

This is all positive stuff from Soro. It’s great that he’s going to get the 90 minutes tonight instead of just coming on after the hour mark or after 75 minutes. That’s what many of us would’ve been fearing.

However perhaps the most important part of Lennon’s comments is when he says Soro won’t only be judged on tonight and that he could play a bigger role in the second half of the season.

That’s huge for him. Too often this season when Lennon has decided to give Soro or David Turnbull more minutes, they’ve impressed only to see themselves rooted to the bench or out of the matchday squad almost instantly.

Soro should hold Lennon to this. If he impresses against Lille tonight, there’s no reason why he shouldn’t feature against Kilmarnock on Sunday at Celtic Park. It’s not as if Scott Brown and Callum McGregor are blowing everyone’s minds away at the heart of the midfield.

Some rotation may even help the experienced Celtic duo to find their form again. Brown, for example, has been at his best when he’s been rested and coming on later in matches fresher.

So let’s see how Ismaila performs tonight and hope it provides him with a springboard to more game-time domestically.

P. S I hope Ajeti, Klimala and Turnbull also will get the start.

Nothing to loose but a lot to gain

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 8 Pro koristeći Tapatalk

Dannybhoy81 and Marty McFly like this.
  19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Won’t be watching as there will be no changes in the management team if we win , lose or draw .

cas79 and seanm like this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* it I'm watching it if the new mans in.