1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 2 - 0 Hibs

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 8, 2022.

Discuss Celtic 2 - 0 Hibs in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Either stay how we are, cheated or atleast try something new.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  2. JamesM09

This is how I think it will go. I said in another thread, you’ll see Celtic flagged early for every potential offside and the Huns will be allowed to play on and use VAR to check afterwards.

I’m not against it to be honest but I think we should be making as much noise as possible about how pro-Celtic decisions are being reviewed to death. Let them know early on that we know what they’re trying to do.

I’m just concerned Celtic supporters are asking for VAR like it’s going to be a silver bullet solving the problem. On its own, it won’t be and it can make the problem even worse. We should demand VAR along with a raft of long overdue changes to the SFA to remove the obvious bias in the institution.

IMO someone should’ve been sacked when there was a campaign against Celtic getting a very tight offside decision in our favour.

Westlondonscot and cas79 like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We could do far worse. Stop trying to find faults in a game full of positives.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    My fear is it gets used to basically justify a * ref. They had the second chance and they believe it was a penalty so its a penalty. It probably can't get worse but it certainly won't be the end of all this, far from it.

6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    For a change of focus.

On reflection, no team in the SPL at present has the talent that Celtic now has in its squad.

In my opinion, we have 8 star players in this squad at present that no other SPL team can match, and I am not discounting the rest of the squad when I state this.

Calmac, Rogic, Ralston, Juranovic

Jota, Kyogo, Maeda, Hatate.

7. JABA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would be inclined to add Joe Hart to this list. I think CCV might be one that could be added later, likewise Ideguchi given more time

8. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    See the BBC reported our first goal as a “tap in” :56:

Hurting.

9. Onefootwonder

There was no panel last night. It was the commentator that made the comments that it hit his chest first then his hand and shouldn't have been a penalty.

I didn't notice it hitting his chest. I did see his arm well away from his body and stopping the ball from going into a goal scoring position. It's 100% a penalty in modern football.

A lot of Hibs fans agree it was a penalty.

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    There wasn't the usual panel on last night's tv program just that wee eejit Jonathon Sutherland's commentary with his wee comments about Hibs feeling "aggrieved at the decision". He was also saying it wasn't a penalty because it hit his chest and that VAR would have disallowed it. I take it he doesn't know the rules or, just maybe, it's just because it's us who are actually getting a penalty. * the bbc anyway- we all know what they are about

johnboy19 likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

8 is underplaying it, let's be honest. The huns have/had a system that got the best out of what are, for the most part, very mediocre players.

If we put out our strongest XI, the only player from the huns I'd take to go straight into our team is Barisic.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Just watched it on their site, I think it was Sutherland and Shergar. Both backtracking and saying the referee doesn't have the advantage of the replay. Oh * off.

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

the bbc are really on the lapup since there documentary about rangers ebt scandal and reformation of a dead club

fastracking steven thompson and all the other huns on the couch every week its as clear as day

14. oh bhoy

* so much going on in terms of players i completly forgot that kyogo was missing

15. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Noticed last night there was a lot less times the full backs would rotate into the middle, Juranovic was overlapping at every opportunity and Taylor got up and down a fair amount as well.

Maybe it was just because we were getting the ball forward much quicker but seemed to flow a lot better in first half especially.

16. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    :56:funny how some people on here get * off because of a handful of post one is critical of our own player :giggle1:

If you wondered how we could * up last season so terribly, it was because too many people at the club ignored the bad sign in overall good games. Ignoring weaknesses doesn't help and I wasn't overly critical of the whole team's performance either so go cry somewhere else :giggle1:

17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Added on drivel.

18. seanm

Guys can anyone tell me if kerrydale hospitality was open last night.brothers have hospitality for hun game and cant get an answer as to whether hospitality will be open due to covid

19. seanm

Taylor isnt good enough.HH

20. joemc

Thought our passing was as poor as I've seen this season , maybe down to the break and touch isn't quite there yet , hibs passed better and had good possession , we never seemed to press the way we normally do , idk if we are being mindful of injuries or warming into the games more gently but we wer never quite at it . Maeda took his goal well and honestly didn't really get into the game , looked as though he wanted an earlier ball over the top , big rogic was not at his best , but really impressed with hatate , makes decisions before anyone has had a chance to think , this guy will be a star , talking about star starfelt had one of his better games and read the game very well, we got the points on the night , that's important for us , it might be a lot to expect us to win the league this year considering its a full new team trying to gel , but I will fukn take it absolutely.