1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Celtic 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jul 22, 2022.

Discuss Celtic 2 - 0 Aberdeen in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Highlights

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

Think we may draw one of the 37 mate. Easy enough win, maybe overplayed a bit at times

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Good opening W. Bit wasteful infront of goal we are guilty of overplaying a bit in the final 3rd. But for first game of season I have no complaints. O’Riley and Taylor stand outs for me.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  4. TheHappyLoss

Both were excellent

5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    The sheep are looking stronger this year so we done well to dominate them. Hopefully they'll keep it up v the huns and take some points off them.

OziBeerMan and Hammy89 like this.
  6. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Only got see second half, decent performance. Didn’t look to be in any trouble the second half.

7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    just saw the highlights there. Jota's goal was a cracker and good on young Welsh to score from an actual corner. We don't half miss some chances and are guilty of trying to walk the ball in when a good old fashioned skelp at goals would pay greater dividends.

8. Onefootwonder

The win was far more comfortable than the scoreline suggests. We did overdo so much today.

I thought Aberdeen would be better than they were.

9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Other than being a bit rusty in front of goal, and Kyogo being off it a bit in particular, I thought we played well for our first proper game back. Jota (when on the left), Hatate, Welsh and Taylor were the picks for me.

3 points, a clean sheet, top of the league, a good run out and that bit closer to full match fitness for most of them means it was a good day. It would have been a better day with more goals right enough, but a good day nonetheless capped by that Jota screamer.

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Maestro 08

Think the sheep will be one of the better teams this season and we beat them without ever really getting out 1st gear. Very promising HH

12. celtic warrior

All we were missing was the scoreline to show just how in control we were for most of the game.

Better awareness of surroundings by Juranovic and the Hayes chance doesn't happen.

Overall we had full control of the situation and as the 2nd goal showed... we needed to be a bit more instinctive with our sorting rather than overpaying constantly looking for a pass.

Their keeper kept it down and tbf I think their man Stewart at CB had for them, a solid game as well.

13. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Really impressed by there no. 22 left back today, Got home googled him hoping it was a raw 17 year old scottish youth to keep an eye on only to find out hes a 24year old on loan from Middlesbrough who looks about 40. Played well tho

14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Am not Cypriot, and you are not Cena . Was born in Thessaly. Came to Australia with my parents at pre-school age.

15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    What I wrote was correct, and you saw how many sitters he missed. If he is going to talk himself up in the media then he has to walk the walk.

He gets into impossible positions to recieve the ball at times, whereas he could take 3 paces back and create tons of space to have the ball passed to him. He could have scored at least 2 goals yesterday with the open chances he had. He needs to stay cool.

I have been critical of him in the past, and I was effusive in my praise in the latter part of last season. He needs to keep up his standards and put the ball in the net while others are busting a gut to get the ball to him. Nationality has nothing to do with it, am commenting on his performance, just like we do with the other players. I do not have favourites, apart from Kyogo and Ralston. I want Giakoumakis to do well, but I also want that for all the players.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Thought we were excellent first half an hour but between a combination of wasting chances/overplaying, we certainly let Aberdeen back into it final 15 minutes of the second half. Then I thought we were dominant again in the second half, barely got out of first gear. Seemed a proper Sunday stroll.

I think Aberdeen will be quite handy this season though. They looked strong enough in defense and had little passages of play that impressed me. Can certainly see them challenging Hearts for 3rd this year. I think Goodwin is a cracking manager and will go on to have a decent managerial career. Always impressed me wherever he's gone.

That being said, the result absolutely flattered Aberdeen. It was 2-0 but on another day? Could have been about 4 or 5. Happy enough though. Clean sheet, no injuries and some decent passages of play. Happy to see that Ange wasn't overly delighted with some of our play either. More to come but first game back. Can't complain at all.

17. DonnyCelt

Anyone else notice the reaction of the ref when Jota scored?

When the ball hits the back of the net he looks just as, if not more, deflated as the Sheep players.

Things you love to see haha.

18. Couscous

Hi there, Donny. Just letting you know that this didn't happen.

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Aye am ur