1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 1 - 0 Motherwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 9, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 1 - 0 Motherwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Puzzles me that Scales doesn't get more game time. Always looks very confident and assured and would give us a bit of extra height, physical presence as well.

George Theodorou likes this.
  2. celtic20

Yeah seems like he's been hidden away for far too long this season. And to be honest, even when he was getting some minutes earlier this season he was still impressing. For some reason Ange just never really gave him the chance to build on that. Hopefully his opportunities will come.

3. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Another ugly win, good we're doing this now.

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I though the big man had a good game today Prof. Strange how we all see things differently. Please don't say that you thought Abada and Taylor had a good game today as I'd really be questioning my footballing knowledge :88:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    The Prof likes this.
  5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    The other stat doing the rounds is that both us and the huns committed 10 fouls today , they got 5 bookings we got 0. Conspiracy.
    So so tiring .

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Strange game in a way given how tight it was in the end but really with all the chances we created especially in the first 25 minutes or so of the second half we should have easily won that one 3-0. But given we were so banged up without any recognized striker the win is what matters most.

marty89 and Wee Baldy like this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    100% Jeannie, everyone is a hundred per cent behind the GB Views about the board and that rat Higgins and people are right there s only 3000 and why aren’t the 40000 other fans singing, a lot of them are in patches around the stadium but like the old jungle and even doing things like the huddle the rest of the fans
    gave him umpteen chances mate- a don’t doubt for 1 second that he isn’t giving his all but just don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for Celtic- he doesn’t win 1 on 1 physical tackles- has no physical presence because of his height wins nothing in the air and when he does go forward his crosses more times than not fail to clear the first defender, no going to slag the guy off just giving my honest opinion

10. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Lol, if they think we are *, go watch the Championship. There’s about 3 teams who can play football. Our movement is excellent, we have a game plan, we have a system. That could have been a stroll if we finished our chances, then everyone would be calling it a magnificent performance.

packybhoy and eire4 like this.
  11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yep that bench was brutal. Our depth is severely lacking. Even if we bring in 3-4 players, that won’t be enough. Having to sub the sub says it all.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. DannyBhoy_1990

Massive Result. These type of scrappy not at our best results that we have to grind out are massive when it comes to taking the title. Winning in style like we did last week against United is all good and well but these 1-0 wins are what defines a season. Just have to keep grinding from now to the end of the year!

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  13. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Fair play to Motherwell they did have a go at playing football for a change, ref was * shocking but atleast they didn’t bring the double decker out the whole game.

Serves us better when playing in Europe

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree. I just don't see that today was grinding out a win. That to me is a game where we are not creating much and just manage to get one and thus grind it out. Today we created plenty of chances over the 90 minutes. Their keeper made a few really good saves but we missed a bunch of really gilt edged chances otherwise we win that game comfortably by 2 or 3 goals. Sure it was not a vintage performance but it was not a grind either we just didn't finish our chances and their keeper had a good day.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  15. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    You try it * head. I have to go to work the next day . Do you have a job to go to ? I am 24/7 Celtic and on the other side of the world.

By the way, do we both support Celtic ?

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I do not agree, Ange does not agree = new contract for Taylor. End of story.

17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Means nothing tbh, he gave Griff a new contract for * knows what reason

18. Foley1888

A bit null and void that argument when one of their bookings was time wasting McGregor, another was Kent offside and kicking the ball into the crowd and another Barasic grabbed the Hearts player by the throat. So 3 of the 5 weren’t for fouls so to speak. One of the others Aribo dived in and clattered the hearts boy no argument their and I don’t know the other one. Goldson should have had one for handball though.

19. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Griff had the potential to score goals, which he had proved he could do. His character let him down. Ange gave Taylor a new contract based on his performances and following Ange's game plan. Two different circumstances, two different players.

20. Rossmc

TBF im not even sure that was Ange, we also had very little options upfront at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Theodorou likes this.