1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 0 - 0 Livingston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Oct 27, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 0 - 0 Livingston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

And that's the reason we never won, how can managers not see the obvious, that we aren't shooting enough ? Or is it simply we don't have the players to create the shooting opportunities ?

2. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

It wasn’t a great performance i don’t think anyone’s back to starting to call for anges head, i think most are just in a state of shock that we’ve * that up at the end there i certainly am.

3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I'm talking about his overall performance not just the penalty but sure you keep on spewing diarrhoea ya * gobshite

4. Bonobhoy

Agree..Calmac was the main caller,not Ange.

But the tactics today and leaving out Kyogo for a European game is unforgivable....especially since he has done this twice now.

Martybhoy53 and SwissCelt like this.
  5. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    2 step run up for a penalty no matter where i see it ... aww * !!!

Dazza, thailandceltic and MickeyyMack like this.
  6. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    It's not the first time these player fail to open up a defence like today. I don't think the fans cheering them would have chancged anything. Ange needs to adapt his tactics for such games. Or does he want to challenge Lennon for tactical nous ?

Bonobhoy likes this.
  7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Ange saying he put jacky on penalty duties , only reason juranovic took the last one was because jacky wasn’t on the field.
    Baffling

8. ddub11

To be fair as of yet we dont know why he took the peno...but i agree 100% the captain should pull rank and tell him its a no.

SwissCelt likes this.
  9. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Everyone misses penalties feel sorry for the big guy, he must be feeling dreadful, but his overall performance away from the penalty was pathetic, hasn’t show any signs so far for me that he’s good enough.

tits-oot! likes this.
  10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The guy scored numerous pens last season. I'm not annoyed about the penalty so much as the performance that preceeded it. Its going to be a bit of a ding dong this season by the looks of things.

NomDePlum and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  11. john2061

You could see were he was standing so close to the ball there be no power in the kick but he shouldn't been near the ball and McGregor should have told him to * off as he's not the penalty taker .

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    One point from Six against that utter * is desperate..

13. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A guy wanting to take a pen to get his numbers up is fine if you are 3 or 4 nil up but when the win rests on it then you go for your regular, proven taker. A scandalous, scandalous decision that has left me angrier than I've been for a long, long time.

tits-oot! and George Theodorou like this.
  14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Giakoumakis is not a team player to my mind with that performance today - just out for glory for himself . Could see that with his attempted scissor-kick in the first minute of the game. He has got tickets on himself . I expected better, but he has been a let down. Very static up front, does not make runs to get to crosses with his head from the 18 yard line to give him more vision and be more elusive. What the * does he do in training ? Why do they have him on a 5 year contract ? What a prima donna !

15. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

The irony. The goalscorer everyone was getting excited about with the inflated record (penalty taker) misses the pen.

I don't have high hopes for this guy at all.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Nightmare dropping points in that, especially as it wasn't even really an off day. Had too much of the ball and on the attack too much not to have scored never mind missing a penalty.

Worst part is probably Bitton and Jota * up the only two what probably would have been clear chances when Abada played it into Bitton and the ball went away from him and Turnbull dropping that ball over for Jota who could have chested it down but swung a boot at it and missed it as well.

Other than them we never really got in with someone being able to try and finish a chance. Was all hlf chances and crosses just missing guys and any ball that fell was cleared.

Good defending from Livingston also it has to be said, a lot of teams sit back against us, not really that deep and that long but we usually have plenty of openings, today we were cut off at near enough every angle even though we weren't * ourselves.

17. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Makes three mistakes from him today. Next to not playing Kyogo from begining and not adapting tactics. We've played like that already last year against deep sitting teams and * it up enough. We don't need to repeat that. I expect better tactical nous from him than Lennon'esque tactics like today.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There is core group of people on here, same names all the time, just itching for dropped points so they can lose their *.

Today was * no doubt about it. Some of the comments in here are laughable though.

broonieboy, NomDePlum, ddub11 and 5 others like this.
  19. Forza 67

* scunnered with that, absolute joke that we're still behind a poor Rangers team. Team should be embarrassed.

broonieboy likes this.
  20. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Has there been a post match presser yet? Was anything asked about why Juranovic didn't take the spot kick?