1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Castle Rock

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Montero, Aug 2, 2018.

Discuss Castle Rock in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone else watching this ? It's only 4 episodes in but it's amazing so far.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6548228/plotsummary?item=ps4019475

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Conlon likes this.
  2. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just recently got into kings books,this looks interesting.

3. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Whats this on?

4. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Finally managed to find some time and catch up on some things which were on the watch list and Castle Rock was one of them. Watched both Seasons 1 and 2 over the past week and it was some of the most fun ive had watching a TV show in years trying to spot the wee easter eggs and nods from Stephen King's other stuff.

Season 1: Interesting premise but faded away towards the end. Bill Skargard and Sissy Spacek were on point.

Season 2: Good. Really * good. Acts a prequel to Misery and gives Annie Wilkes (played by Lizzy Caplan - who stole the show) more of a background. Casting was absolutely nailed dead-on in this season. Ep 5 'The Laughing Place' might be up there with one of the best TV episodes I've watched.

Just found out they cancelled the show in November last year. *.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Never realised it had been cancelled. That’s a shame.

I thought both seasons suffered from the same problem. Initial interesting premise let down the more the story unravelled.

The first season was fantastic right until the last episode or two when it sort of jumped the shark.

I don’t remember the second season as much but I remember not being as impressed by it. Lizzy Caplan was incredible in it and like you said, episode 5 was the highlight. Both seasons had a proper 10/10 episode. Think it was episode 7 in season 1 - the Sissy Spacek one.

I’d have loved to see more seasons of it though. There was so much material to draw from.

Fontaine and TheHappyLoss like this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

Watched the two seasons of this. Was really clever and well done. Lots of tie ins with Stephen King books throughout. Disappointed that it got cancelled