1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Carl Starfelt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 21, 2021.

Discuss Carl Starfelt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We really need him to be good.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Hammy89, Rydo1888*, Artorias and 5 others like this.
  2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Especially with Jullien no where near been fully fit we are all in on Starfelt not just to be very good but to hit the ground running right from the off or our season could well be on life support very quickly.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  3. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    wait and we'll just not have anybody talking about a new signing NOBODY has seen play for celtic yet , sound good? Lets do that?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Who is ripping the * out of what exactly? You do know he’s in quarantine right? Of course you do.

HoopyT and MacEwan like this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lindelof, Jose Gimenez, Rudiger, Upamecano.

Weird argument but I like games like this. #3 next.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Barely heard from the * since he signed.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I think we will get a loan CB in, possibly Itakura, as cover for Julien in case he takes longer than expected to come back from injury, or isn't back to the levels he was at when he does. I doubt we'll buy another unless Hjelde goes to Leeds.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. Foley1888

I think you might be right the fact Itakura is being talked about for a loan suggests to me he isn’t out of contract next year or there is an option to extend. If it isn’t a loan I think it will be someone brought in for a smaller fee, like the boy Jenz we were linked with playing in Switzerland.

Given Itakura’s involvement in the Olympics it doesn’t really make that much sense.

9. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aw come on, even in quarantine he should have been scoring or at least assisting a few goals, we've no even seen him win a header yet in his hotel room. ;)

Sean Daleer likes this.
  10. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When my son started playing football when he was about 7 he said to me - why do all the boys shout sewers, sewers when the ball goes out the park.

martin_d and Slaw like this.
  11. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Exactly what I thought. He dives in a bit but always timed well but our refs will give pens if his feet are off the ground (looking for any excuse). Hope he's a quick learner.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He reminds me of Sviatchenko in the way he goes for tackles, which if I'm honest, is concerning. One of Erik's major downfalls with us was giving away stupid fouls and getting turned for being too tight.

Looks a bit faster though...all in all thank * hes in the door.

13. Cringer67

This. If he's not, were in big big bother.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Every signing makes me a little bit more optimistic.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

‘When Celtic call, you answer.’ Carl Starfelt had no hesitation in making the move to Paradise from Russia, and he’s already looking forward to his first training session with his new team-mates.

Even more important, he’s ready and able to play against Hearts this Saturday night in the Hoops’ Scottish Premiership opener if selected.

The 26-year-old Swedish international defender has joined Celtic on a four year deal from Rubin Kazan, and following a period of quarantine, he’s now arrived in Glasgow ready to begin the next stage of his football career. Not surprisingly, he’s excited at the prospect.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, Carl Starfelt said: “It’s a true honour to be here and to come here to such a big club with such a great history, and maybe the world’s best fans so I’m very happy.

“I had to be in quarantine for a time, so obviously it was very tough to see the boys play and not to be able to train with the team and help the team, so I’m very glad to be here finally and I can’t wait to get started.

“When Celtic call, you answer and I knew right away what I wanted to do, so I’m very happy that all this has gone through.”

The defender will begin training at Lennoxtown on Friday as Ange Postecoglou’s squad begin preparations for the trip to Tynecastle the following night.

And while it will be a case of meeting and getting to know his new team-mates in the weeks and months ahead, Starfelt has already been in communication with captain, Callum McGregor.

“He sent me a nice message and we spoke a little bit,” he explained. “Everyone I’ve been in touch with in the club so far has been very welcoming, so it’s nice that your team-mates help you get into everything.

“It will be nice to meet the team and learn how the team wants to play, to meet the coach and get into everything. I think everything will happen very quickly since there will be a game already this weekend, so I’m delighted to get going. I’ve been waiting for it for some time now.

“If the coach wants to play me (against Hearts), I will, of course, play and give 100 per cent, so that’s up to coach whether I play or not. I’ve been training the last few days and I feel ready.

“My hopes are, first of all, to get into the team, to know how the team plays and just get a good start. It’s always a little bit of adaptation when you come to a new club.

“I want that to be as smooth as possible, and then we have bigger goals – I want to be successful here, for the team to be successful, to win titles, to play in Europe – I want to do all those things. But I need to focus on the here and now, and right now it’s just to get into the group and the team.”

Carl Starfelt becomes the ninth Swedish player to play for the Hoops, and among his countrymen are some illustrious names, including Henrik Larsson, Johan Mjallby and, most recently, Mikael Lustig.

Celtic’s latest Swede is hoping that he can follow in those footsteps and enjoy similar success in the green and white Hoops.

“Celtic has a great reputation in Sweden,” Starfelt said. “Most people know the history and when you think of Scottish football, you think of Celtic. Of course, we’ve had many Swedish players who did it very well here, and played very good here and played in the national team and did very well, so the club has a very high reputation.

“I didn’t play alongside Mikael in the games, although I’ve trained beside him, but the little I’ve spoken with him, he seems to have enjoyed it here a lot at Celtic, so I hope I will get the same experience.”

Tommy25 and tarboltontim like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Shirt really suits him, please be good..

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ahh back to signing players for the calender for the girls i see.

bagforlife, Artorias and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thank christ we now have an experienced centre half available.

20. Sgt Neppers*

Thank * he's here. A little more stability, presence and experience at the back and team now.

FB's now please.