1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Carl Starfelt.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 6, 2021.

Discuss Carl Starfelt. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crilly

Seems to be same old same old so far? When will there be another fan media presser or something of the likes so fans can questions the plans/promises McKay was assuring us with initially…. Seeming like straight bullshit he was spouting right now

CH4 and JamesM09 like this.
  2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

they don’t want to talk to us plebs and when they do it’s all sound bites
    Take take take from the * at top

Crilly likes this.
  3. limezer

I don’t understand how this all pivots on Ajer. We are needing about 4 defenders even if Ajer stays. McKay said we had plenty of funds for transfers, someone can’t do there job right. This has been happening for years who are the negotiators behind the transfer dealings.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I was just about to suggest that but I'd be surprised if he was willing to sign a new deal.
    It doesn't make sense to wait on what fee we get for KA

Lupis likes this.
  5. saltire78

Maybe, if he's put to top salary we can give and made captain with the associated bonus increases etc, as well as a written guarantee n release clause, he'd extend. Think a lot would depend on his initial contacts with Ange and uptake of his vision.

Can't see it though... Pretty sure he'll be gone after our qualifiers are decided

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  6. Foley1888

Ajer wanted away last summer but sounds like struck a deal with the club, I will stay for another year and now it looks like the club are not holding up their end of the agreement. It’s also not the first time this seems to have happened, Dembele and Boyata being other examples, Edouard last year.

Out of the well mentioned four last year Ajer is the one, who didn’t massively drop his levels or seem to huff about but I can’t see that being the case now.

A replacement should have been signed by now and Ajer sold. It’s the same with so many of our squad.

7. saltire78

Last year the captaincy wasn't there for grabs due to the Brown situation. This year it is. Like I said, longshot but worth trying, especially with a new manager. But I agree, if he really wants to go we should let him and do so on very good terms... He's been a solid player and great team component

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

9. jamesgordon1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Football insider have reported a fee has been agreed and he is due to take his medical in the last 20 minutes also not sure how realiable they actually are thou they seem very hit and miss

10. jambo_cfc

Imagine getting a winger a rb and cb in in the same week thats not the celtic way we are still in all competitions and theres still ages left in the transfer window , cannot be possible could it ????

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/avslojar-carl-starfelt--lamnar-klar-for-celtic/
    Carl Starfelt, 26, leaves Rubin Kazan.

Now SportExpressen can reveal that the midfielder is only a medical examination from being completed for the Scottish big club Celtic.

The clubs agree on a transfer fee of SEK 50 million.

It was last week that the news steamed down.

The Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano was the first to report that Celtic had started talks with Rubin Kazan's midfielder Carl Starfelt, 26. SportExpressen could then tell that Celtic's initial bid was SEK 50 million and that a transfer meant a million cheers for IFK Gothenburg. The club is entitled to ten percent of the sum in the event of a transfer.

Starfelt leaves
    The parties have been negotiating intensively over the past week and now Starfelt is just small details from being ready for Celtic. According to information to SportExpressen, the clubs have agreed on a transfer fee of SEK 50 million for Starfelt. It also means that Starfelt's old club, IFK Gothenburg, will receive around SEK 5 million from the deal.

Celtic also agree with the player on the personal terms and the mandatory medical examination is scheduled to take place in Moscow shortly. If all goes well and nothing unforeseen happens, Starfelt is expected to become a Celtic player.

Extended in February
    Starfelt was recruited to Rubin Kazan in July 2019 and last season he scored 31 games and three goals for the Russian club. The midfielder extended his contract with the Russian club as late as February, but is now leaving after just over three and a half years at the club.

In Rubin Kazan, Starfelt has made progress and during the last season, the 26-year-old was one of the main players. Much thanks to star coach Leonid Slutsky.

- He has meant a lot. When he came to Rubin Kazan, I had not played at all in principle and my self-confidence was not at its peak. When Leonid comes and gives me the chance and sees something in me, it is very important, Starfelt said in an interview with GT last autumn.

SportExpressen has sought Carl Starfelt's agent Blash Hosseini.

12. Mr Cleansheets

Sounds like a brilliant signing...if true.

13. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Captain material?

14. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Glasgow live running with it as well now. Soinds like its been done, him, the winger and the rb and things are looking a bit better. A few more in and were defo in a lot betting shape.

15. Mr Cleansheets

Surely McGregor

16. Mr Cleansheets

A decent keeper would be nice.

17. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we sign him and the winger, looks like we’re trying to get a few in before the UEFA deadline which I think is tomorrow, July 15th.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  18. Mr Cleansheets

Didn't someone say you can still change two up to the day (or day before)?

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

20. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I might be wrong but thought I read somewhere it’s only 1 change after the cut off date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.