1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can Brown appeal and play in Scottish Cup Semi?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Deco67, Apr 16, 2017.

Discuss Can Brown appeal and play in Scottish Cup Semi? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. doctor venglos

Everybody talks about it being maybe a scissors challenge, it wasn't that, it was a late challenge by a tired player with no malice or intent to my mind, and therefore warranted a yellow. A scissors challenge is what was done to Roberts by Jason Holt.

Blochairnbhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    What do you make of the rumours that Scott Allan is returning to take Brown's place for the game at Ibrox, Doc?:brendy:

doctor venglos likes this.
  3. doctor venglos

I think there is every chance that could happen MM.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ref ain't gonna be on our side we have to accept that but we can't go in to game and not be physical we have to as they will get in our faces as well just be calm and keep tackles clean and tidy caixinha can say I've studied Celtic and last game I have a plan blah blah does he not think Rodgers has an a game we are talking bout a guy who's team is unbeaten won two trophies and the best resources he als finished runner up in so called best league think it's bout time we put them in their place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luis1967 likes this.
  5. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Halliday please.
    this no the game at new year?

6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There were pictutes of Him and Halliday out last night. Allan was blootered by all accounts

7. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure we'll appeal it just to get him for the semi-final, if we haven't already.

Daft challenge, but we'll need his experience.

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I thought league and cup games didn't cross over for bans, so not sure how people are saying we need to appeal the red card or am I missing something here ?

9. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They do for some, not sure if it's all straight reds or just some but there are definitely some where it applies to all domestic competitions.

10. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Reds for reckless challenges or violent conduct carry over to all domestic competitions hence the need to appeal if we want him for the semi.

11. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Ridiculous from Broony to leave himself in this position.

12. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Ah right oh well we should just use the 'system' to our advantage if that's possible and get on with it then.

I wouldn't say it was 'reckless', ill advised and ill timed yes and he should have known better but not reckless, imo, and certainly not when its compared with other tackles. Typical its been described as reckless though.
    As I said above, we will just need to use the system then as he would be a loss for the semi and league game at mordor. (if a ban would also affect that game).

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Keith Jackson and that Gordon Parks are actually defending Brown, Jackson even saying it was a booking then brought up a tackle on Sinclair that went unpunished in the 1st half...I was trying to remember it but can't.

14. Mr Brown's Bhoys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39616097

Scott Brown free to play in Rangers semi-final, with Celtic to contest red card

Basically says that the FA have already said that there's going to be no appeals committee until the 28th - a day before the second game against them. I really cannot see it getting overturned, it was late and aggressive, but we should appeal just to get him in the team for the cup game.

As far as the second game is concerned, I wouldn't be that averse to seeing Bitton/ Armstrong partner in CM with maybe McGregor if we need a third in there - then there's Eboue too who can come in.

Like I saw the cup game is the big one where we need everyone available we have to be better than one honest mistake in those games.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    To say the refs won't be helping us next weekend is I think an understatement. We have seen that clearly in the last 2 games against the zombies. The offsides calls or lack of at the shitpit and then of course all the reckless challenges which went unpunished last time out. What happened this weekend and in the semi-final against Inverness 2 years ago is also a very real possibility. For sure though the zombies will be allowed to assault our players without the danger of a red card as they did last time out and we are going to have to deal with that physicality and keep our cool under what will no doubt be intense physical provocation with little or no protection from the referees.

16. ddub11

I can only guess ye think it was a clever tackle!!

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Should it not be a question mark at the end of your post!

The tackle was no worse (infact it was far better) than dozens of tackles we have faced this season that either went unpunished or only received a yellow.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  18. ddub11

I wasn't asking a question,i made a statement.I agree with what ye say but it does not take away from the fact that it was a silly tackle. The boy was no threat to us when he had the ball and brown didn't need to dive in.We need him on Sunday and he could have got himself suspended for a pointless tackle.As captain he should looking at the bigger picture and not just his own ego.He,s a tough tackling player but he needs to cut out the silly tackles that could cost him and the team.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The Captain is a winner, we are drawing in injury time, the ball was there to be won up their end of the field. He had every right to go for the ball.

20. ddub11

Lets hope he bangs one in sunday!