1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Cameron Carter-Vickers. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    As for CCV, all the talk of Jota but for me I'd also be tying him down.

Was immense yesterday, would like to see stats for aerial challenges won. Quality.

eire4 and Xatraps like this.
  2. Ghost_Jiggle

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/Champions Again
    Souttar is a decent player and would be a better back up at CB than Bitton! I like Welsh though and with Jullien, Starfelt and CCV competing I don't see us being a decent move for Souttar.

3. Ghost_Jiggle

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/Champions Again
    Agree with this, CCV puts himself about and is very composed

4. CountyDownFaithful

Jota, Kyogo etc have rightly grabbed the headlines as most attacking players do but CCV has been a standout for me.

He’s been a proper rock in defence for us and apparently we only need to pay £2m to make it permanent. He’s playing regular football, playing in Europe and competing for trophies so hopefully he is keen on the move. He’s young as well so he could stick around for a couple seasons before earning a move.

kramer1 and JML67 like this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes a good player. I'm not convinced he would want to stay permanently though. He will probably fancy trying his luck down south again sadly

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think he’d be all over a permanent deal like a rash personally - the path to the Prem is now a well trodden one from Celtic. As long as you do it against the zombies and in Europe over a couple seasons.

saltire78, JML67, Damnati and 2 others like this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's solid. Really impressed since he's came in.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

He’s been a massive signing. I got the feeling at the time it was a massive deal to get over the line. I know it was early, but it was the turning point of our season for me.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Echoing the points made above, in my mind he's as important to tie down as Jota.
    Hes been excellent.

johnboy19 likes this.
  10. saltire78

Get him on a 5 year deal in summer, with an agreement to sell for a reasonable amount in 3. Best for all parties

Coincidentally, I'd do exactly the same with Jota

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It genuinely was massive as it looked like we were heading with Welsh, a nervy Starfelt (at the time) and Bitton..

There's no way we'd have racked up as many wins if we didn't get him over the line..

He's been excellent and his understanding/partnership with Starfelt is/was coming along nicely..

He'd sign easy for us i think..

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hopefully we can. He really has been very good since he came in and the fee agreed is pretty low if I remember correctly. Plus at 23 getting him in on a 4 or 5 year deal makes sense.

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Him being in the American national teams from a revenue point of view edges it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. GavCFC1

CAMERON CARTER-VICKERS has told Celtic he is up for talks over a permanent move.

But for now the on-loan Tottenhamdefender is more focused on doing his bit to help Celtic get a big Europa League result in Germany.

The 23-year-old, who joined Celtic just a few minutes before the summer transfer window closed, has quickly become a fans’ favourite.

Like the Hoops’ loan agreement with Benfica for Jota, the Premier Sports Cup finalists have an option to buy Carter-Vickers.

Now in his seventh loan move in four years, it’s understandable the USA international is keen to put down roots.

Asked if he would be interested in signing for Celtic permanently, Carter-Vickers said: “It is something I am open to, but I haven’t given it much thought at this stage, to be fair.

I still have plenty of games left in this season and that is my focus.

“I have really enjoyed it. The staff and the players have been really good with me and that’s helped me.

“Last season I was at Bournemouth and we got to the play-offs in the Championship.

“The year before that I was at Luton. When I went there in January, we were at the bottom and we managed to stay up.

So I have had a few good loan moves and a few where I have learned a lot.

“But this is definitely one where I’m learning a lot and I’m enjoying my football.

“I feel like I’ve adapted well. That is partly down to the coaches and players here making me feel so welcome from the beginning.

“The coach has put in a system which is easy to adapt to and play in. That’s been helpful.

It’s still early days, but for me personally and as a team, we’ve got to keep going and keep the consistency.”

Nuno Espirito Santo picked Carter-Vickers for Spurs at the start of the campaign before he was axed as manager and replaced by Antonio Conte.

Asked if he’s now having to impress two gaffers, he said: “You could say that.

“But at the moment I am a Celtic player, so my focus is more on impressing the manager here and trying to get results for Celtic.

“Anything further than that I haven’t really given much thought to.”

Celtic lost 4-0 to Leverkusen at Parkhead in late September, yet they flew to Germany convinced they can stun the unbeaten Group G leaders on their own patch.

Carter-Vickers, who has impressed with his composure on the ball and imposing physical presence, said: “It will be a real test for us, but with our recent run of results I am confident we can go there and get something.

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. wulliebad

Will those talks actually go past the point where we offer his wages. Would be a good deal if we could get it done, defence has been poor for years.

17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Does he get a game for USA?

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He hasn't been called up for a couple of years. If he wants his place back I think he is more likely to get it here than in the championship. If he doesn't stay here he likely goes back to a Derby or a Stoke City.

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Just a matter of time before he gets a call up for the NT.

20. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    In my opinion CCV is a hero waiting to be crowned - signing up to a 3 or 5 year would be amazing business.

One thing he could work on is being a little more controlling - I get it he is young, but the man is a bear, you want a guy like that to be screaming and shouting, also as I have said on here before - Celtic always have two or three players in the team that the opposition are a wee bit scared of....the kinda guy that will race half the pitch to back up a player that has just been scythed down.....Ralston is the closest we have at the moment, would luv to see CCV step-up