1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Mr under the radar.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

When Brown didn't play cause his dodgy hamstrings he'd play in a 2 with Bitton. When Rogic and Commons didn't play he'dplay in the 10. Then nearer the end of the season when we insisted on playing Kazim Richards wide left, he'd often play in a 3 with Brown and Bitton, Roberts on the right. Until the final 3 games of the seaosn, Brown injured, McGregor back in a midfield 2 with Bitton or Johansen.

Had help from the Celtic website and Transfermarkt there but I was certain I wasn't misremembering that he played there. He did have games on the right wing in that period too, but it seems mainly centrally.

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Forgot Tam and Paddy..

I'll take your word for it :giggle1:

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC’S Scottish Cup Final hero Callum McGregor has more cause for celebration today (Thursday) as he marks his 25th birthday. The Hoops midfielder ended last season with a bang as he scored a superb goal in the 2-0 Scottish Cup final win over Motherwell which secured the Double Treble.

It was a fitting end to a wonderful campaign both for Celtic and McGregor who had his most impressive season to date and firmly established himself as a key part of the starting XI.

Brendan Rodgers was vocal in his praise for McGregor throughout the season too, highlighting his technical superiority, courage and ability to read the game.

The Youth Academy Bhoy’s goal in the Scottish Cup final last month was just one of 12 during the 2017/18 season in which he made 55 appearances. He made a habit of scoring on the big occasions too with goals in the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, Glasgow derbies and the League Cup final. In fact, the 25-year-old was the only Hoops player to score in every competition last season. He also shares his birthday with Marvin Compper, who is 33 today.

His exploits in the green and white jersey are well known but Celtic fans might not know as much about his life away from the pitch. Earlier this year the Celtic View sat down with McGregor for an exclusive Q&A based on his personal experiences and interests.

What was the first album you bought/downloaded?
    To be honest, I don’t really stream a lot of albums. I like a lot of different music but I mostly just listen to Smooth Radio. On my way to work I stick on Smooth FM.

First gig you went to?
    I’m really busy so I don’t get along to many gigs. The only one I’ve been to is Drake. It was at the Hydro and I went with a mate and my brother. It turned out to be a decent gig and a really good night.

A TV show you can’t get enough of?
    I like Billions. It’s about this guy, played by Damian Lewis, who has a really successive company but these attorneys are after him. I’ve watched a few seasons of that now and it’s good. I like Ballers too. That’s the American football one with Dwayne Johnson in it.

A TV show you couldn’t less if you never seen again?
    Big Brother and those kinds of shows. I’m not really a big fan of them.

First game you went to?
    I didn’t go and watch a lot of football when I was younger. I was busy playing it. We’d train five days a week and then have the game on the Saturday. I remember going to a couple of Scotland games when I was around 12 or 13 but I’ve no idea who it was against. I was a ballboy at a lot of Celtic games when I was younger. I was there a lot of the time but rarely in the stands. It was a good education for me. It gave me the chance to watch players up close. I wouldn’t really watch them like a fan would. I was analysing what certain players in my position were doing to see if I could pick things up and learn something from them

First strip you owned?
    I don’t remember buying many football strips growing up. I can remember wearing them when playing, so Celtic strips were the first ones I probably kept but I can’t remember buying any European ones or anything like that.

First medal you won?
    It would have been a tournament in Blackpool with my boys’ club team, Cathkin. I was about seven-years-old I think. We used to go down to a tournament in Blackpool every summer.

Funniest moment on the pitch?
    I just laugh at Broony every week when he tries to wind everybody up. You catch wee bits of what he shouts as he tries to put people under pressure. Later on when you remember it you start laughing. He’s always good value. I remember when I was at Notts County I was playing as the No.10 and my mate played up front. He’s tiny and was playing against these big massive centre-halves. I passed the ball to him and it popped up. He jumped up to header it but this big defender just crouched and headed it away. I turned to him afterwards and said something like ‘Mon you, any chance you can head that?’

A stadium you’ve never played at but would like to?
    I’ve been lucky enough to play at quite a few big stadiums so far. I’d like to play at the Bernabeu, though. That’s one I’ve never been to and I reckon it would be unbelievable.

Tony. and Tommy25 like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His answer about first game he went to shows a lot about how he’s ended up where he has

7. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

His whole interview comes across like he cares about his football and nothing else. Great attitude. No time for telly or gigs, just Celtic.

Tommy25 and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Near enough every finish is class or and with composure..

Only just turning 25 as well. Some future ahead..

Tommy25 and Devlin like this.
  9. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Smooth Radio. What a boy. :56:

10. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I heard he used to be a hun so the strip answer makes sense... Imagine if he actually said it was a rangers one :84:.

Defo one of us now, if it was true.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye that sounded like a load of old * talking there. What was your first strip.... your telling me as a kid playing 6 days a week never had a strip or 10 :56:

BR Fenian Army and Captain Brown like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tony. likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Fast becoming one of my favourite players.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Him and Forrest are so reliable in the qualifiers.

Wee man is in for another belter of a season.

Crilly and Tommy25 like this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ve missed him :49:

Crilly and JC Anton like this.
  19. jvalin

McGregor > Rogic:fear:

Obviously, Rogic is better with the ball at his feet, but McGregor's work rate makes all the difference for me.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Always liked him..

Tommy25 likes this.